• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paraplegic Bird vs. Suffocating Fish

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Dracovish1
Arctozolt vs Dracovish
Starting distance of 5 meters, takes place on the little island in the middle of this pond in the Wild Area

Speed is unequalized

Both have access to all of the moves they learn via levelling up. Arctozolt also has Static and Dracovish has Strong Jaw.

Also note that both are identical in height according to the Pokedex, so Dracovish can't just yeet Arctozolt into the water or anything

Ancientpower lets Dracovish exploit Arctozolt's weakness to rock types. Dracovish has higher defense and speed, while Arctozolt has higher attack and special attack. I don't see any real advantages they have in terms of moveset, though since it's in the middle of the pond, dracovish might be able to get an advantage.

Voting Dracovish.

I just edited the OP so that Dracovish has Strong Jaw and Arctozolt has Static.

Also, both do have advantages with their movesets.

Arctozolt:

• Echoed Voice, which is a move that increases in power by 100% every time it is used in succession. Currently both competitors are at ~131 Kilotons, but Echoed Voice will add another 131 Kilotons with each consecutive use.
  • Three moves with a 10% chance of freezing, one move with a 10% chance of paralyzing, and one move with a 30% chance of paralyzing.
  • Freeze-Dry, a special Ice Type move that is super effective against water types. Dracovish is Water/Dragon, so it will take 4x damage from this particular attack.
Dracovish:

• Can block off Arctozolt's moves with Protect
  • Ignore Arctozolt's durability via Super Fang, which cuts HP in half
  • Has a signature move, Fishious Rend, which it is currently quite notorious for in the early online meta. It doubles in power if the user goes first. Arctozolt also has a similar move like this, but Dracovish will be the only one who can take advantage of it due to its speed.
That's only looking at movesets, nothing else.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Dragovish because it's actually an OU mon.
We don't operate on how a Pokemon performs in the metagame here. We operate on in-lore feats, statements about the Pokemon's power, powerscaling, etc.

I don't know if you're joking or not, or how long you've been a member here, but I thought I'd lay that out just in case.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
  • Freeze-Dry, a special Ice Type move that is super effective against water types. Dracovish is Water/Dragon, so it will take 4x damage from this particular attack.
Water resists ice. Dragovish won't be any more damaged against it.

Dโ• ร‚rโ• ร‚aโ• ร‚cโ• ร‚oโ• ร‚vโ• ร‚iโ• ร‚sโ• ร‚hโ• ร‚ โ• ร‚lโ• ร‚oโ• ร‚sโ• ร‚eโ• ร‚sโ• ร‚ โ• ร‚bโ• ร‚eโ• ร‚cโ• ร‚aโ• ร‚uโ• ร‚sโ• ร‚eโ• ร‚ โ• ร‚iโ• ร‚tโ• ร‚ โ• ร‚sโ• ร‚uโ• ร‚fโ• ร‚fโ• ร‚oโ• ร‚cโ• ร‚aโ• ร‚tโ• ร‚eโ• ร‚sโ• ร‚ โ• ร‚fโ• ร‚iโ• ร‚rโ• ร‚sโ• ร‚tโ• ร‚

Back