• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Parallax speed upgrade

RCO002.jpg

RCO007.jpg

Through this scans we see he is superior to time trapper.

RCO007.jpg

Here we see him being able to move to the end of time after absorbing the energy from the crisis.
SO parallax should be immesurable speed. The only character to scape should be Jim corrigan spectre.

Interesting. Will reread the issue again and then give my thoughts. But seems alright at a glance

Iirc hal Jordan didn't have his ring anymore even though he still has the feat of being completely superior to time trapper.
Prior to the introduction of the Parallax Fear entity in 2005, Parallax Hal was basically a supercharged Green Lantern. In 1994's Emerald Twilight, he stole numerous Green Lantern Rings before absorbing the main power battery and coming out as Parallax. Despite having Parallax inside of him mentally, Hal still utilized the Green Will Energy.

Prior to the introduction of the Parallax Fear entity in 2005, Parallax Hal was basically a supercharged Green Lantern. In 1994's Emerald Twilight, he stole numerous Green Lantern Rings before absorbing the main power battery and coming out as Parallax. Despite having Parallax inside of him mentally, Hal still utilized the Green Will Energy.
Ok but it seemed the reason he was able to perform this feat was because he absorbed the energy from the crisis, but ok.
My other reasoning is because he was shown to be completely superior to the time trapper even then replacing him ruling all of time.

These seem to be time travel feats, not immeasurable speed, yes.

That seems more like plot convention. The Time Trapper does not usually blitz the Legion of Superheroes either as far as I am aware.

That seems more like plot convention. The Time Trapper does not usually blitz the Legion of Superheroes either as far as I am aware.
BUT during the legion cases the time trapper is known to toy with them. but in parallax case time trapper was afraid and knows parallax his above him. iirc parallax also took time trapper place during zero hour.

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate this please
Just because a character does something once doesn't mean they're always that level. Beating Time Trapper doesn't guarantee an Immeasurable rating for the same reason we don't scale people like Joker to Sinesntro or Wonder Woman.

I'm with Firestorm here.

Just because a character does something once doesn't mean they're always that level. Beating Time Trapper doesn't guarantee an Immeasurable rating for the same reason we don't scale people like Joker to Sinesntro or Wonder Woman.

I'm with Firestorm here.
In joker case we know it's pis. Parallax fought with time trapper twice and completely outclass in every scenario.

I'm with Firestorm here.
In joker case we know it's pis. Parallax fought with time trapper twice and completely outclass in every scenario.
Well, I don't think that the Time Trapper is usually treated as having immeasurable speed in relation to the Legion of Superheroes, and regular DC heroes could also keep up with Parallax in terms of speed as far as I am aware.

Well, I don't think that the Time Trapper is usually treated as having immeasurable speed in relation to the Legion of Superheroes, and regular DC heroes could also keep up with Parallax in terms of speed as far as I am aware.
They only kept up with him after his energy got drained. While he was at his the only character comparable was the spectre.

In terms of raw power, yes, but they could still follow his movements.

What's shown in the OP is Time Travel. Looking at Time Trapper's speed I have no idea why does he have Immeasuable speed, "Is unbound by the flow of time" can mean many, many things, and "can exist simultaneously on various points in time across multiple timelines" needs to be better worded to even mean anything speed wise, otherwise we just know he has time travelled across points in time in many timelines, which anyone can do with a little Acausality.
And he has been shown to fight infinite man who represents the time stream.
Represent something doesn't mean anything, any character representing anything is simply likely to get by the story powers or a status related to whatever they represent, up to a proven degree.

Time Trapper has no scans supporting his Immeasurable rating, so if anything, this should be a downgrade for him and not an upgrade for Parallax.

Eficiente and LordTracer make a good point.

I suppose so. If they are valid, we need to add references to the Time Trapper page though.

Back