• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pandora's Actor Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna need to bring in some overlord experts as I ain’t one of them even though I watched the anime, but the novels and anything else that is connected to overlord I have no in depth knowledge about.

No idea why you brought me here as I've only watched the anime and barely remember what happens in it lol.

Ok I'll start with Pandora by himself.
First is the telepathy: "Telepathy and Precognition (As a Doppelgänger, he hears the thoughts of a person and uses this information to learn how they believe he’ll respond)"
I don't really see the telepathy as precog, just limited telepathy based only on the surface thoughts of an individual on how they'll react. Almost like reading a psych profile to anticipate how someone is going to react if you do/say X, Y, or Z thing around them. The description is also a bit too broad for how it's explained, I think this would work a little better: "Telepathy (As a Doppelgänger, he can read the the surface thoughts of those around him in order to extract information on how the individual he is impersonating would react)" Specifying it's surface thoughts and not all their thoughts is better imo

Should probably move Transformation right next to Power Mimicry. Speaking of power mimicry, prob wanna also include he can transform into 45 different forms, including all 41 Supreme Beings. Maruyama has also said that Pandora can't copy Super Tier Magic and Touch Me's World Break, so you should remove anything that only comes from Super Tier Magic, and being able to copy Touch Me's World Break.

He should also honestly have either a separate Tabber for each Supreme Being profile, or have his transformations be structured kinda like Geralt's page, with a visible space/break between each notable thing, such as the space between "Base Geralt" and "With bombs", because having it all as one big wall of text looks ugly. I would also include the resistances for each transformation as part of that transformation, as Pandora wouldn't have them normally.
Pandora's own resistances would likely be:
Magic
Death hax
Mind manip
Telepathy (due to said mind resist)
Time Stop

Unfortunately though he likely has more, he hasn't had much screen time, and when he does during a fight it's likely going to be as someone, which means their resistances would be used. since he doesn't have many we can confirm, he doesn't need his own tab for resistances, they can just be at the end of Base Powers. The transformation specific resistances would just be in each transformation tabber or paragraph section like with Geralt, whichever is preferred.

His Weakness section also needs some additions. First is obviously that he can't copy Super Tier magic or World Break. The other is the fact he can't copy any clothing/armor/item's abilities, only their appearance
Doppelgangers could even copy the clothing and equipment of their targets if they wanted to. However, they could only duplicate appearances, and not the equipment’s abilities.

So his weakness section should look like this:
Weaknesses: When transforming into someone, he can only copy 80% of their original power. Cannot copy the effects of items, only their appearance. He also cannot copy Super-Tier magic or Touch Me's World Breaker. His desire to guard the Treasury has reached the level of a fetish and thus causes his mental state to deteriorate on long missions away from it.

That's what i've got to say for now

PA did have a fight but he used Ainz for it. It happened in Volume 14 I believe.

yeah i know, but that's exactly my point. He's prob never going to really show off his own stuff, because as a doppelganger his main thing is to copy others, so his base powers and resistances will suffer a bit

Surprisingly enough Ainz only has one ability exclusively attached to Super-Tier spells to my knowledge, that being Creation.

yeah i know, but that's exactly my point. He's prob never going to really show off his own stuff, because as a doppelganger his main thing is to copy others, so his base powers and resistances will suffer a bit
Done editing!

you should re copy Ainz's P&A, since it seems like the one you have copied is a slightly older version

Also you appear to have accidentally italicized the Weaknesses section

Real question is in what century will they answer lol

Yeah I'll contact someone like Samon lol

The changes and Apeironaxim's opinions seem good, tho I can't really confirm everything, as I've only watched the anime and I'm reading volume 2 (I'm going extremely slow with the reading, due to several other things having priority).

It would be great if it was possible to add references, tho such character would need to have references to all the stuff he can copy from other people, so I recognize it could be too much for the time being.

I'd apsolutely need help from other Overlord supporters for that, this is just making the profile much better IIRC

The changes and Apeironaxim's opinions seem good, tho I can't really confirm everything, as I've only watched the anime and I'm reading volume 2 (I'm going extremely slow with the reading, due to several other things having priority).

It would be great if it was possible to add references, tho such character would need to have references to all the stuff he can copy from other people, so I recognize it could be too much for the time being.
This seems fine to me as well.

So am I free to apply this or will I need to wait a century before we can apply references cause I don't own any of the volumes of Overlord(yet, I've ordered the first three)

You can probably apply what has been accepted, if you used Apeironaxim's suggested changes.

Hehehe, yep! I'll try and fix anything that needs fixing on my read, as while I'm definitely a fast reader at 100 pages per hour if I'm focused on it, 14 whole books is still a fairly tall order lol

I will close this thread then. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back