• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pan-dimensional

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in Multiversity there is this place called the House of heroes. Once Superman enters the main hall of the house of heroes, it is described as a “pan-dimensional room.” So my question is, what is the implication of pan dimensional in this context? As I’ve seen people try to argue that the room being pan-dimensional would make it High 1-B.

Additional context: The house of heroes is also described as existing outside of normal time and space- between universes.

Last edited:
The prefix "pan" means "all." Pan-America refers to all countries in the Americas. Pandemonium is "all demon place" which was coined as the capital of Hell in Paradise Lost.

The scan refers to the Monitors as inter-dimensional cops, and then says that they are "outside normal time and space, between universes." Given that this is essentially a Monitor outpost at the center of the Orrery of Worlds, "pan-dimensional room with a view" is likely alluding to the fact that all universes in the Orrery can be viewed/accessed from within it, since Monitors are called "inter-dimensional cops" and Monitors are primarily portrayed as overseeing various universes and travelling between universes via the Bleed.

However, any answer as to what it means is just a guess, since the term is not explained and it's a jovial remark made by a talking rabbit about it being a "room with a view."

As I’ve seen people try to argue that the room being pan-dimensional would make it High 1-B.

It wouldn't, lol. The phrase pan-dimensional by itself would not justify any tier no matter how we interpreted it.

Given that this is essentially a Monitor outpost at the center of the Orrery of Worlds, "pan-dimensional room with a view" is likely alluding to the fact that all universes in the Orrery can be viewed/accessed from within it, since Monitors are called "inter-dimensional cops" and Monitors are primarily portrayed as overseeing various universes and travelling between universes via the Bleed.
How does the monitors being inter-dimensional support that Superman’s pan-dimensional statement, is likely referring to just universes? An inter-dimensional entity is just a being that can time-travel and move out of the physical body into the spiritual one.

It wouldn't, lol. The phrase pan-dimensional by itself would not justify any tier no matter how we interpreted it.
In relation to the topic of tiering the Orrery, the word pan-dimensional is not by itself here. As not only in this context is it being utilized to describe a specific structure, but it’s describing a structure within a fully detailed cosmology.

Keep in mind, I’m not saying I agree with what other people are saying about the Orrery being high 1-B because of the pan-dimensional statement, but I definitely think the statement can be used for some type of tiering.

How does the monitors being inter-dimensional support that Superman’s pan-dimensional statement, is likely referring to just universes? An inter-dimensional entity is just a being that can time-travel and move out of the physical body into the spiritual one.
The word "inter-dimensional" simply means "between dimensions." Nothing about that word implies time-travel or the ability to between a physical and spiritual body. You are clearly just copying the first line of the wikipedia page titled Interdimensional Being, however, the fact that someone wrote it on an obscure wikipedia page doesn't make it true. Looking into the history of the page, that line was added in July 2021 by an unregistered user, and sourced to a book by a fringe theory author titled "The Ancient Alien Question."

Earlier versions of the page give these definitions:

An interdimensional being is a type of fictional entity that is able to travel between dimensions using interdimensional doorways

An interdimensional being is a hypothetical type of entity in a dimension beyond our own

Obviously, these are just random phrases made by anonymous people on wikipedia on a purely fictional concept, which is why it doesn't have much oversight. The word itself just means "between dimensions" and even earlier versions of the wiki page directly link to "parallel universes in fiction" as seen by the "interdimensional doorways" link.

The word "interdimensional" is used in lots of ways. For instance:

Interdimensional Doorway redirects to "parallel universes in fiction."

Interdimensional Travel redirects to "Multiverse"

Interdimensional Hypothesis is about a theory that UFOs are from other dimensions.

Interdimensional Being as discussed above.

So, no, we can't use this single phrase from an obscure wikipedia page to claim that interdimensional being means "being that can time-travel and move out of the physical body into the spiritual one." As demonstrated, the word has a variety of meanings, and given the context of the Monitors, the location of the HoH, and the other text in the scan, I think it is best interpreted as referring to universes, but either way it's just an interpretation.

In relation to the topic of tiering the Orrery, the word pan-dimensional is not by itself here. As not only in this context is it being utilized to describe a specific structure, but it’s describing a structure within a fully detailed cosmology.
Sure, but with absolutely no details given about it's meaning.

I definitely think the statement can be used for some type of tiering.
Without very clear evidence on what the meaning of "dimension" is in this context, and additional evidence being given about the nature of the structure and the aforementioned dimensions, no it can't. Who said that pan-dimensional supported High 1-B? Do you have any links or screenshots?

So, no, we can't use this single phrase from an obscure wikipedia page to claim that interdimensional being means "being that can time-travel and move out of the physical body into the spiritual one." As demonstrated, the word has a variety of meanings, and given the context of the Monitors, the location of the HoH, and the other text in the scan, I think it is best interpreted as referring to universes, but either way it's just an interpretation.
Well regardless of whatever definition for interdimensional is being used, how does the Monitors being interdimensional cops support that Supermans, pan-dimensional statement is likely referring to universes?

Sure, but with absolutely no details given about it's meaning.
Why would we need to be given details about pan-dimensional’s meaning? The word pan-dimensional already has a meaning. Pan-dimensional means “pertaining to all dimensions of reality.”

Without very clear evidence on what the meaning of "dimension" is in this context, and additional evidence being given about the nature of the structure and the aforementioned dimensions, no it can't. Who said that pan-dimensional supported High 1-B? Do you have any links or screenshots?
Morrison already has established dimensions within his cosmology. E.g., the fifth dimension was shown to be a higher plane where its denizens treat the lower reality like less of substance than shadows on the wall who can penetrate and control it at any level.

Also I don’t want to reveal the discord of the person who said this as I don’t think they’re comfortable with that.

how does the Monitors being interdimensional cops support that Supermans, pan-dimensional statement is likely referring to universes?
I already explained this?

Given that this is essentially a Monitor outpost at the center of the Orrery of Worlds, "pan-dimensional room with a view" is likely alluding to the fact that all universes in the Orrery can be viewed/accessed from within it, since Monitors are called "inter-dimensional cops" and Monitors are primarily portrayed as overseeing various universes and travelling between universes via the Bleed.

Why would we need to be given details about pan-dimensional’s meaning? The word pan-dimensional already has a meaning. Pan-dimensional means “pertaining to all dimensions of reality.”

As we just saw with "interdimensional," this is not as simple as you make it out to be. Without knowing what kind of dimensions are being referred to, and what "pertaining to" exactly entails, this is useless.

Morrison already has established dimensions within his cosmology. E.g., the fifth dimension was shown to be a higher plane where its denizens treat the lower reality like less of substance than shadows on the wall who can penetrate and control it at any level.
It's not clear if that's the type of dimension being referred to by Rodney Rabbit. We cannot simply assume that.

Your 3rd and 4th scans aren't about spatial dimensions. But either way, composite cosmology has been abandoned for good reason.
Author disagrees-
main-qimg-0a5b2608993f9557555698b6e7d86182-lq.png

No. It needs to be consistent. This is just a vague tweet about a vague scan by an author who had no significant role in the cosmology.

I don't see how this is vague at all. Rama Kushna mentioned the existence of innumerable dimensions, and the author said this was a reference to dimensionality. As for the significance of his role, the writer mentioned for tiering the universes didn't have much of a role either.

I also don't see how it's inconsistent, and a guidebook somewhat supports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back