• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Palpatine's Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I noticed this for a while but didn't mention it before, but I feel this is a legit question.

Solar System level (Significantly more powerful than he had ever been in his previous body, and continues to grow in power with each passing moment. At his peak, he had become a "chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space". Described as "spreading his darkness completely and totally over the entire galaxy". Could only be permanently defeated by the combined might of the spirits of every Jedi who had ever been born over the last 25,000 years)

This doesn't sound 4-B, it sounds more like 4-A likely 3-C

Would someone care to enlighten me on this? Just seems quite odd.

>"chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space"

This is Spatial Manipulation, it should not be in his AP at all.

>"spreading his darkness completely and totally over the entire galaxy"

If illuminate a universe is 4-A then I'm pretty sure this is not even close to 4-B.

>"Could only be permanently defeated by the combined might of the spirits of every Jedi who had ever been born over the last 25,000 years"

I mean, why do we have to guess all of this guys' power? Why is there no notable mentions?

That last cool thing in that key should obviously stay, the other 2 I propose their removal to a Feats section or something.

WeeklyBattles said:
Sidious will be 3-C with my revision
Dark Empire Sidious only, or would it also include ROTJ Sidious?

And speaking of, any revisions for Vader coming? >.>

I personally think Vader, Anakin and Dooku should be 4-B (or I suppose 3-C now), but everyone keeps saying no to them scaling for some reason.

LordTracer said:
I personally think Vader, Anakin and Dooku should be 4-B (or I suppose 3-C now), but everyone keeps saying no to them scaling for some reason.
I agree with this.

LordTracer said:
If we scale it to Anakin, we'd have to scale to nearly the entire Prequel trilogy cast, such as Obi-Wan, Ventress, Ahsoka, etc. It breaks scaling is the issue.

Theres actually abunch of evidence that Vader scares to Palpatine at least to SOME degree.

http://i.imgur.com/ubX0ksN.png (Anakin being one of the most powerful Jedi in his era)

DestroyingAPlanet.png
(Vader was fully aware of Palpatine's level of power, and even then thought he could fight against him in a 2v1 with an apprentice HE trained.)

As well as Starkiller putting up a good fight against Palpatine canonically (Alot of people might say "Palpatine was holding back" But I haven't seen anything saying such yet.)

Starkiller holding his own against Palpatine is strictly a part of the video game. In the novel, he gets straight up owned. And even if Palps wasn't holding back, it's still an outlier given Galen struggled against Shaak Ti and Rahm Kota, one of whom Palpatine effortlessly owned mere moments beforehand.

Also, Vader lost to Luke, who got knocked flat on his ass by casual bolts from Sidious.

Vader was holding back against Luke though. Yes, RotJ Luke scales to Vader, but loosely. Also Luke didn't expect Sidious to start ripping into him with Force lightning (and even then, in the novelization, Luke was able to deflect some bolts).

Anakin would only scale to 3-C by the end of the Clone Wars/RotS. RotS Kenobi is really the only one who should scale, and even then, he was only stalemating an emotionally compromised Vader. He was previously getting telekinetically ragdolled by Dooku, who Anakin pretty much stomped. Ahsoka scales to Ventress, who is consistently beaten by TCW Kenobi, so I don't think those two would really scale.

Wait why would only Anakin scale to 3-C? Isn't Vader superior? Sure you could say well he severed his connection to the force and had to use a respirator. But also keep in mind Vader had MUCH more time to master his force powers than Anakin, and become far more intune with the Darkside than before.

And yeah, Vader was holding back against Luke in both fights. His goal was to turn Luke not kill him.

Even if you want to disregaurd the novelization, Luke in the movie tossed away his lightsaber and disarmed himself. It's easy to see Luke getting fried to shit by Sidious' lightning as him getting caught off guard. And even so, he survived getting shocked for a solid while.

I didn't say only Anakin would scale. I said Anakin would scale only in RotS, as in AotC and TCW Anakin wouldn't scale. RotJ Vader would scale above that.

Somebody should preferably contact Soldier Blue about commenting here.

Soldier Blue is busy IRL, but you can ask some other staff members listed in the Star Wars verse page to comment here.

Like I said, with the ap revision I'm doing luke, the force entities, prime Krayt, and the world razer will be 3-C. That's all though, no one else would scale.

I thought you said Sidious would be 3-C as well. And by extension Yoda and Windu would scale, and then potentially Anakin, Vader and Dooku.

Oh. Dammit I wanted 3-C Caedus. And I still think Sidious should be 3-C due to knowing the Nathemic Ritual to a greater potency than Vitiate, but whatever.

Remove from Sidious the parts of his AP that aren't 4-B.

Eficiente said:
>"chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space"
This is Spatial Manipulation, it should not be in his AP at all.

>"spreading his darkness completely and totally over the entire galaxy"

If illuminate a universe is 4-A then I'm pretty sure this is not even close to 4-B.

Okay. That seems fine to me. Do I need to unlock the page for you?

Why is Sidious not accepted as knowing the Nathemic Ritual, when him knowing every single Force power is, again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back