• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
...if you're trapped in a box, even when you can't touch the box you're still trapped. That's what I meant.

Or he could just destroy the obvious black sphere attracting the debris by using Purple. I'm aware he can escape, but we need wincons for Pain for this to not be a haxxstomp and Pain does have some options here.
He has no actual win con. You’ve just given Gojo another way to to counter Chibaku. So yea no his greatest technique also gets beat by Gojo.

So, anybody going to give me proof that Gojo can select the Gravity as a target for slowing down with Limitless?

Gojo stopping Gravity with Infinity? Lol some scans are needed, also How do you want to over load a dead body with informatiion?

So, anybody going to give me proof that Gojo can select the Gravity as a target for slowing down with Limitless?
Even if he can't he can destroy the Chibaku Tensei's black ball by using Purple or Red, destroying which is what nullifies it (as shown in Edo Nagato vs Itachi, Bee and Naruto) and it's pretty obvious that it is what controls the Chibaku Tensei.

Even if he can't he can destroy the Chibaku Tensei's black ball by using Purple or Red, destroying which is what nullifies it (as shown in Edo Nagato vs Itachi, Bee and Naruto) and it's pretty obvious that it is what controls the Chibaku Tensei.
Pain spams Shinra Tensei which is also Gravity and hits hard.
It took Naruto KCM, Bee's BB and Itachi's Magatama to destroy the core.
To destroy it you need more energy applied to the core than what it can generate, CT is Tier 6.

Gojo stopping Gravity with Infinity? Lol some scans are needed, also How do you want to over load a dead body with informatiion?
CT isn't a wave of gravity, learn how to actually read correctly. Also do you even know what Gravity is made of? Last I checked Gravity doesn't bypass infinite distance either.

Also Edo's can still be put into Genjutsu's they still have a conscious.

CT isn't a wave of gravity, learn how to actually read correctly. Also do you even know what Gravity is made of? Last I checked Gravity doesn't bypass infinite distance either.
It doesn't bypass infinity distance, but does Gojo select it as a target to slow down? Can he?
Shinra Tensei and Bansho Tenin are also gravity.

Let's be respectful here, especially when you're wrong.

1. Gravity does bypass Infinity as Gojo is both influenced by gravity when using his cursed technique, and can be seen thus is influenced by photons which travel at the same speed as gravity.

2. CT is quite definitely a ball of high gravitational pull.

3. The Paths of Pain aren't Edo Tensei, though they can be overwhelmed by Domain.

It doesn't bypass infinity distance, but does Gojo select it as a target to slow down? Can he?
He doesn't need to select it, Infinity is completely automatic after Gojo's training. And he's already been shown to use Infinity to avoid blasts before so I don't see why Gravity would be outside the realms of possibilities.
Shinra Tensei and Bansho Tenin are also gravity.
Yes and no, they use Gravity to repell but the repulsion itself is in the form of a Shockwave iirc.

Pain is not an EDO he is a DEAD BODY that are controlled by chakra rods they are simply puppets

Pain spams Shinra Tensei which is also Gravity and hits hard.
It took Naruto KCM, Bee's BB and Itachi's Magatama to destroy the core.
To destroy it you need more energy applied to the core than what it can generate, CT is Tier 6.
There's no proof of Shinra Tensei being gravity, as in the actual shock wave being gravity. Its just a shock wave that's caused by repulsive force inverse to gravity I.e. it being a physical shockwave can't pass infinity.

The core can still be destroyed by Red which is exactly the opposite power of CT, I.e. gravitational repulsion (opposite of blue which can create what are essentially CT) or Purple which is by verse equalisation about the same as particle dismantling so negs durability.

Let's be respectful here, especially when you're wrong.
Show me being disrespectful, and I'm most certainly not wrong either.
1. Gravity does bypass Infinity as Gojo is both influenced by gravity when using his cursed technique, and can be seen thus is influenced by photons which travel at the same speed as gravity.
Gravity has never influenced Gojo when Infinity is in use. And none of what you said there translates to "Gojo not being able to defend himself from Gravity."
2. CT is quite definitely a ball of high gravitational pull.
CT isn't a wave of gravity, it has a gravitational pull but the attack itself isn't a wave of Gravity in the same sense that Shinra Tensei is. So again your wrong there.
3. The Paths of Pain aren't Edo Tensei, though they can be overwhelmed by Domain.
Doesn't really matter, they still have a conscious no matter if they're a dead corpse or reanimated.

He doesn't need to select it, Infinity is completely automatic after Gojo's training. And he's already been shown to use Infinity to avoid blasts before so I don't see why Gravity would be outside the realms of possibilities.
It's not "automatic" as in it passively selects everything in existence. His brain automatically selects targets in the background, doesn't mean that “literally everything” is slowed down, he still needs to select it. He is still breathing air, photons are still passing through, he still stands on the ground and doesn't experience any ill effects due to the lack of gravity.
Prove he can select Gravity, he seems to be susceptible to it, always.
There's no proof of Shinra Tensei being gravity.
Here you go:
The invisible hand of God, which repels anything in creation!!

Deva Path Pain uses this jutsu, using repulsive gravitational force generated in the user’s hands to repel targets. The number of targets and their size do not interfere with the repulsive ability of jutsu. In addition, by stopping using the other Pains and concentrating the chakra only for jutsu, the strength and area affected can be greatly increased. With an attack of this power, Konohagakure no Sato was completely turned to ashes. However, after jutsu has been activated, there is an interval of 5 seconds for which jutsu cannot be used again. The repulsive force generated by the gravitational power forces the targets to collide with obstacles, increasing the initial damage of the jutsu’s shock wave. Only those who can manipulate all chakra natures, possessing the legendary Rinnegan are allowed to own this jutsu, which has every right to be called perfect as a diamond.

The repulsive force is so strong that Ninjutsu and Taijutsu are equally ineffective against this jutsu. With an unexpected discharge of this invisible force, it is very practical to catch opponents with low guard.
The core can still be destroyed by Red which is exactly the opposite power of CT, I.e. gravitational repulsion (opposite of blue which can create what are essentially CT) or Purple which is by verse equalisation about the same as particle dismantling so negs durability.
For it to negate CT it needs to be at least equally strong, CT is Tier 6 strong.

There's no proof of Shinra Tensei being gravity, as in the actual shock wave being gravity. Its just a shock wave that's caused by repulsive force inverse to gravity I.e. it being a physical shockwave can't pass infinity.

Dude you have said enough nonsense already just rest, everything in this post is pure nonsense non of it is true

This is an abysmal argument for gravity not being effected by infinity, Gojo’s technique is passive, it targets things that are hostile to him and senses hostile things, Gojo can see energy clear as day so his infinity will target the wave of Shinra tensei. Please drop this argument it’s not helping nor is it a win con for him. and p.s the wave doesn’t travel at LS.

The chibaku tensei will not give pain the win con at all. So for starters: Gojo can easily tp away from the ct pull, Gojo can purple the core (exist erasure), Gojo’s infinity will slow down and never allow the debris to reach him, he can also counter the debris with domain amplification. Chibaku tensei is also Pain’s greatest ability, he will not start off with it, it’ll also drain him heavily while Gojo will be fine with his endless ce usage.

Show me being disrespectful, and I'm most certainly not wrong either.
Quotes like "learn how to actually read correctly" and "do you know what gravity is made of?" aren't exactly civil in tone.
Gravity has never influenced Gojo when Infinity is in use. And none of what you said there translates to "Gojo not being able to defend himself from Gravity."
Infinity is always in effect and Gojo can walk just fine. Gravity obviously affects him when Infinity's active. Also check who's saying what. I'm just saying Gravity affects Gojo, not that he can't "defend" from it especially when Blue is literally gravity.
CT isn't a wave of gravity, it has a gravitational pull but the attack itself isn't a wave of Gravity in the same sense that Shinra Tensei is. So again your wrong there.
I'm not saying it's a wave of gravity, I'm saying it's gravitational pull. Wave of gravity doesn't mean anything except the theoretical concept of gravitational waves, which isn't what we're talking about here.
Doesn't really matter, they still have a conscious no matter if they're a dead corpse or reanimated.
I'm not saying they can't be genjutsu'd (I literally mentioned them being put under genjustu by Jiraiya) but I guess while you're replying to me you're arguing with someone else.

I don't think Gojo can slow down Gravity or if will select it. So even casual ST should deal damage to Gojo, Banshoo Tenin and CT should also affect him.
His Domain probably won't work on Pain due to his brain being you know "dead". And most importantly Limitless can't be used for some time after the Domain which leaves him (if you believe he selects Gravity with Limitless) vulnerable to Tendo and other paths abilities.
Pain wins.

For it to negate CT it needs to be at least equally strong, CT is Tier 6 strong.
Gojo literally can use either purple which negates durability and destroy CT or use any arguments Nellie's lists above.
So for starters: Gojo can easily tp away from the ct pull, Gojo can purple the core (exist erasure), Gojo’s infinity will slow down and never allow the debris to reach him, he can also counter the debris with domain amplification. Chibaku tensei is also Pain’s greatest ability, he will not start off with it, it’ll also drain him heavily while Gojo will be fine with his endless ce usage.
Also Nelliels while there are like 4 people arguing for CT, I personally am only proposing it as a potential wincon so that Gojo doesn't stomp. Since they have comparable AP and have wincons, I will be voting for Gojo for reasons above, until we get either JJK revisions at least. The arguments for Pain having potential wincons aren't too bad but them being anything past that are asinine and thus I'm voting for Gojo and not participating in the discussion anymore till we get a good counterargument.

TLDR: This isn't a stomp but Gojo FRA.

I don't think Gojo can slow down Gravity or if will select it. So even casual ST should deal damage to Gojo, Banshoo Tenin and CT should also affect him.
His Domain probably won't work on Pain due to his brain being you know "dead". And most importantly Limitless can't be used for some time after the Domain which leaves him (if you believe he selects Gravity with Limitless) vulnerable to Tendo and other paths abilities.
Pain wins.
Pain shares brain with Nagato who's controing him so domain expansion definitely works (Jiraiya genjutsu works so Domain expansion should) and he only uses domain expansion when opponent uses it anyways because limitless=GG in most cases. Only when domain expansion is used by the opponent, which negates Limitless, does he use his own domain expansion because that's how domains are countered in JJK.

Also he can TP, use purple etc (read Nelliels' post) so Gojo wins.

Gojo FRA

Last edited:
Gojo FRA

34b1aaa4706661f7135cda720cf157f9531a7b98.gifv

Well, infinity works by sensing things with cursed energy, shape, speed and Mass, so, things that lack mass such as sound, light etc can bypass infinity, does Nagato have some attacks that doesnt have mass? I was going to say the gravity attacks, but not sure
For the record, lacking mass is not enough to bypass Gojo’s Infinity. The feats for his Infinity proves otherwise.

Gojo’s Infinity has shown to block one of Jogo’s attack, which outright uses a sound-based attack (The anime version of the scene also shows the environment behind Gojo being damaged by the sound, which I assume can be treated as valid since one of the JJK Threads mentioned that the JJK anime has the author’s storyboards given to them to make the anime, along with the manga also mentioning sound as a form of attack that Gojo is equally unaffected by. The attack is also mixed with an explosion-based attack as it’s a “two-pronged strategy of sound and explosion”, but the explosion aspect is irrelevant).

Gojo also implied that none of Jogo’s heat-based attacks worked against him due to his Infinity (since none of them “hit him”) before the moment Jogo used his Domain Expansion, which implies that heat shouldn’t work against Gojo either due to his Infinity as well and not just because of his resistance to heat. Heat does not have mass, and yet Gojo is capable of blocking them.

Since I doubt sound or heat truly has mass or shape, mass and shape shouldn’t be a requirement for Gojo’s Infinity blocking attacks without them (although attacks that have them will definitely help in being factors for Infinity to stop them). The only requirement Gojo’s Infinity has not shown to block without is speed/velocity, since every attacks Gojo’s Infinity has blocked involves crossing a distance in one form or another, so speed/velocity is the only aforementioned true requirement that’s needed for Gojo’s Infinity to block, since all the other three (mass, shape, cursed energy) has shown to not be required for his Infinity to stop.

I’m not sure about light or gravity, but sound and heat (and having mass as one of the requirements needed for Infinity to block attacks) is not enough to overcome Gojo’s Infinity as Infinity blocked both of them (which, again, has no mass, especially in the case of heat).

As for Pain’s wincon, I think it’s when he waits for Gojo to touch his hand (like Gojo does to Jogo) and then activates human path via soul-ripping (which if I recall correctly, Mahito’s feats of spiritual attacks doesn’t quite encompass as it’s all soul-alteration or soul-merging) the moment physical contact is made?
Not sure how likely that is, but it’s not impossible I guess.

Last edited:
The argument on him not being able to defend from Gravity is because it effects him while activated. Although the Gravity isn't even being used to even attempt to harm Gojo.

Pain can still surprise Gojo with his gravity attacks, because he won't have actively selected gravity the moment he attacks. So imho if he one-shots he can take this.

By the way, why does this remind me of Accelerator?

Pain can still surprise Gojo with his gravity attacks, because he won't have actively selected gravity the moment he attacks. So imho if he one-shots he can take this.

By the way, why does this remind me of Accelerator?
Probably cuz of the infinity and gravity arguments

For the record, lacking mass is not enough to bypass Gojo’s Infinity. The feats for his Infinity proves otherwise.

Gojo’s Infinity has shown to block one of Jogo’s attack, which outright uses a sound-based attack (The anime version of the scene also shows the environment behind Gojo being damaged by the sound, which I assume can be treated as valid since one of the JJK Threads mentioned that the JJK anime has the author’s storyboards given to them to make the anime, along with the manga also mentioning sound as a form of attack that Gojo is equally unaffected by. The attack is also mixed with an explosion-based attack as it’s a “two-pronged strategy of sound and explosion”, but the explosion aspect is irrelevant).

Gojo also implied that none of Jogo’s heat-based attacks worked against him due to his Infinity (since none of them “hit him”) before the moment Jogo used his Domain Expansion, which implies that heat shouldn’t work against Gojo either due to his Infinity as well and not just because of his resistance to heat. Heat does not have mass, and yet Gojo is capable of blocking them.

Since I doubt sound or heat truly has mass or shape, mass and shape shouldn’t be a requirement for Gojo’s Infinity blocking attacks without them (although attacks that have them will definitely help in being factors for Infinity to stop them). The only requirement Gojo’s Infinity has not shown to block without is speed/velocity, since every attacks Gojo’s Infinity has blocked involves crossing a distance in one form or another, so speed/velocity is the only aforementioned true requirement that’s needed for Gojo’s Infinity to block, since all the other three (mass, shape, cursed energy) has shown to not be required for his Infinity to stop.

I’m not sure about light or gravity, but sound and heat (and having mass as one of the requirements needed for Infinity to block attacks) is not enough to overcome Gojo’s Infinity as Infinity blocked both of them (which, again, has no mass, especially in the case of heat).
But Gojo also said that Infinity can detect it due amount of Cursed Energy, so, despite not having mass, Jogo attacks have cursed energy

But Gojo also said that Infinity can detect it due amount of Cursed Energy, so, despite not having mass, Jogo attacks have cursed energy
Gojo has also shown a feat of blocking inanimate objects tossed at him (that aren’t Cursed Objects by the way, just mundane objects with no cursed energy at all such as erasers and pencils) that lack cursed energy, so Cursed Energy isn’t a requirement for Gojo blocking them either. And that feat was done by Gojo when he was a teenager around a year right after the Toji incident and made his own Infinity become passive, and that version of Gojo is inferior to the version of himself when he is an adult. So this overall shows that speed/velocity that’s an absolute requirement, which means that mass, shape and cursed energy aren’t requirements for Infinity to block them (although they can help as bonus factors to block attacks that possesses such). If Cursed Energy was such a vital requirement, then he shouldn’t have been able to block those inanimate objects thrown at him, yet he still did, so Cursed Energy really isn’t that important of a factor beyond a bonus factor for helping him blocking an attack.

Last edited:
Back