• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pages for Contra

I commented on the Toejam & Earl link.

And oh yeah, that was a surprisingly great fighting game; despite being based on a horrendous movie.

Back in my days of Youtube commenting I used to think Kirby was overpowered because he could punch planets in half. I thought that feat alone would allow Kirby to solo most of fiction.

Now I came here and realized everyone and their moms can do that. Contra has 5-B feats, Mario has 5-B feats, Homestuck is full of 5-B feats, LoZ has 5-B feats, Megaman has 5-B feats, Some legendary Pokemon have 5-B feats, Samus has multiple extremely straightforward 5-B feats, the Naruto verse has some 5-As, Spongebob has some 5-A toon force outliers, obscure SNES beat em up characters have 5-B feats... not to mention the elephants in the room: Marvel, DC, Saint Seiya, and DBZ.

5-B feats are literally everywhere in fiction. 5-B Teletubbies wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Cal also used to think 3-A Kirby (lol) was something to brag about (ovo), but literally every single character in fiction has a 3-A outlier. Seriously. Everyone has a random "I will destroy this universe" statement or feat that suggests this.

Even characters you wouldn't expect to be above High 6-A have 3-A outliers, such as the Holy Hack n'Slash Trinity (DMC's feat is not legit, tho), Pokémon, and etc.

Man i didint realize CONTRA doesnt have any pages.

Whats the tier being considered here?

Would they be the ultimate glass canons?

Marco Shark said:
Whats the tier being considered here?

Would they be the ultimate glass canons?
Large Planet level.

And most likely not. Dying in one hit is more or less game mechanics because they take hits from the high level aliens in the cutscenes, sometimes.

Edit: Also, some o the soldiers even tank a planet exploding in their face without injury so it's consistent.

Not really sure. I think the only thing we're counting as non-canon for now is the alternate joke ending of the game where a guy blows up the earth.

Yeah, was wondering when 5-A Bill Rizer profiles were going to get made myself; Same with 5-B Toejam and Earl. But busy schedules are understandable.

Would Planet level be more likely?

I'm just amazed at this thread. Nobody saw these feats coming.

You're great at finding things, Thomas. And thanks for your Earth rotation calc from a while back.

5-A comes from the alien moving the moon and a planet bust (not the non-canon one where the guy cuts a planet in two), but if theirs problems with that, I'm fine with 5-B.

Oh, okay. I think 5-A is fine then.

I think we could apply some kinetic energy to the explosion of the planet that I just quoted, too. Judging by calcs you've made in the past, probably another 5-A feat.

So, erm, dying from people running into you its not canon?

Man, i wished they were 10-C in durability while having an AP of 3-A or something because that would be extremely fun.

At that point they'd die from the recoil of their guns, or from their own attacks if they didn't have some kind of durability

3-A Ryu? Damn, I knew Ryu is 5-B at bare minimum via lore, but I never knew about 3-A. Anyway, if it's an outlier, I can understand why. Anyway, I'll look for that 5-A Shinobi feat at some point. I forget what tiers Will from Illusion of Gaia and God/The Master from Actraiser were; but I think the later was somewhere in Tier 4 iirc.

Pretty sure that one of the final bosses in one of his games is like a Dark God who fought the creator of the universe in the backstory (Which might be where 5-B comes from, with people interpreting the god as creating only the planet).

5-B came from multiple sources, but the True Dragon Sword being a planet busting weapon that even Ryu fears using was the primary justification. But yeah, Dark God was at least Planet level

What would be their speeds?

I know for a fact that they should be at the very least Supersonic+, but idk.

I don't remember. I do remember that they could easily dodge bullets, perceiving them quite slowly really, even when compared to their own speeds.

DarkAnine did say something about Massively FTL+ due to fighting aliens that fast.

Yeah, thread lives on until we go through with the major AP revisions. And Contra will then be High 5-A as opposed to 5-A

Back