• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pac Man's Lifting Strength?

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey there. So, I was looking into Pac Man's profile. Apparently the dude is Class 1 from Ms. Pac Man pushing boulders around. Thing is, well, Ms. Pac Man's feat was never calced. I don't think it's calculable either since there's no real figure for Pac Man's official height.

One interesting thing to note, however, was in Pac Land, Pacman can push fire hydrants and what I would assume are chopped saplings. I dunno anything about saplings since chopping them down is seriously bad practice, but from what I got, apparently a 1970s-1980s fire hydrant (bearing in mind that Pac-Land came out in 1984) weighs somewhere around 5-600 pounds: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-weight-of-a-fire-hydrant

Oddly enough, the fire hydrants still work even when pushed, so it's apparent that the fire hydrants were still both riveted and connected to the city pipeline:

Would it be possible to determine the strength needed to push a riveted object, let alone a fire hydrant? If so, how?

Pretty interesting. I can't remember where, but I think I once found a webpage listing the densities of various types of wood, but I don't quite remember where it was.

Pretty interesting. I can't remember where, but I think I once found a webpage listing the densities of various types of wood, but I don't quite remember where it was.
What thread were you intending to post that in, bro?

What thread were you intending to post that in, bro?
This thread. Because you said:
One interesting thing to note, however, was in Pac Land, Pacman can push fire hydrants and what I would assume are chopped saplings. I dunno anything about saplings since chopping them down is seriously bad practice, but from what I got, apparently a 1970s-1980s fire hydrant (bearing in mind that Pac-Land came out in 1984) weighs somewhere around 5-600 pounds: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-weight-of-a-fire-hydrant
Unless I'm misunderstanding things (I haven't watched the video yet, for one.), saplings are made of wood.

Back