• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pac-Man vs Mr. Game & Watch

I'd say G&W via sheer Shadow Bugs. He can create a Pacman, but a better and bigger one. And an unlimited amount of them.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I'd say G&W via sheer Shadow Bugs. He can create a Pacman, but a better and bigger one. And an unlimited amount of them.
Actually, it took several Mr. Game and Watches to create Duon via shadow bugs in the SSE. The trophies stating that Mr. Game and Watch's body can be stretched infinitely is likely an NLF, and even then, he'll likely only be able to do that to a planetary level.

That being said, I'm still siding with Game and Watch here. He could easily transform into a Pac-Man with much more versatility, and even without that, he's already got nigh-infinite versatility on his side (since he can pretty much use his shadow bug composition to turn into almost anything) and technically has more fighting experience from being in 3/4 of the SSB series thus far, while Pac was only in 1.

Even without the transformation, his varied arsenal of weapons alone might even keep Pac-Man on his toes. Then there's even the possibility of him landing a 9-er on Pac-Man.

Also, bump.

Yeah there's no beating Mr. Game and Watch here...

The dude can turn all of Pac-Man's versatility against him by creating clones of himself and everybody he's ever defeated. He can just keep creating them over and over. The only way for Pac-Man to win this is to pull out a pac-pellet and devour all of them before he can regenerate, but not only is that hard to do with speed equalized, but Game and Watch can probably just create something that can play around that.

I think we should add Pac-Man to G&W's victories now.

You have a fair point... Kinda hard for him to counter transmutation if none of the characters he's beaten or has knowledge of has a counter to it.

How does the cherry powerup work? Does Pac-Man have to hit the opponent for it to work, or does it automatically affect everyone in range?

Pac-Man could easily counter Mr. Game and Watch by activating that powerup before he can clone/transform, but Mr. Game and watch could just as easily counter it by... cloning/transforming before he activates the powerup.

It's kinda hard to decide which character's hax will take priority when speed is equalized. I change my vote to inconclusive.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Yeah there's no beating Mr. Game and Watch here...

The dude can turn all of Pac-Man's versatility against him by creating clones of himself and everybody he's ever defeated. He can just keep creating them over and over. The only way for Pac-Man to win this is to pull out a pac-pellet and devour all of them before he can regenerate, but not only is that hard to do with speed equalized, but Game and Watch can probably just create something that can play around that.

I think we should add Pac-Man to G&W's victories now.
You can't cause game and watch doesn't have 7 votes.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Is that how voting works? I always thought it was whoever had the most votes within a reasonable amount of time.
Nope, it's supposed to be at least 7 votes, and the winning character must be at least 3 votes ahead of their opponent.

Cropfist said:
Pac-Man by having precognition, invisibility, intangibility, and the Cherry Power-Up mentioned above.
All of that is useless to a guy that can copy pac man an infinite number of times.

I'm not sure how the Shadow Bug composition works, but I'd argue that it could possibly provide him with a way to counter Transmutation. Still unsure, though.

Assuming that Game and Watch can clone Pac-Man is assuming that he knows about Pac-Man's precognition, invisibility, intangibility, and cherry hax. Pac-Man doesn't use any of those in Smash, so I doubt he would know about them.

Back