• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Owari no Chronicle minor speed revision

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I was just making a profile for Atsuta Yukihito when I realized that Akio should scale to Toda's speed.

Atsuta is a Sword God of lesser power than Akio Kashima, meaning Akio should scale to Atsuta.

Now Atsuta and Toda Mikoku had this encounter:

Suddenly, she heard something.

It came from above. Something was falling through the branches and toward them.

She looked up and saw her enemy in the darkness between the branches and leaves.

It was the sword god.

The man named Atsuta had his eyebrows raised.

"You think I'm letting you escape!?"

He rapidly dropped down and swung his Cowling Sword, so Mikoku used all her strength to strike back with her own sword.

She opened her mouth, but it was not a cry of focus that came out. She spoke to the surprised girl next to her.

"Get back, Shino! Hurry up and escape!"

Her shout shook the forest, but she soon heard something unexpected.

It came from Shino's mouth as she remained stopped next to her.

"Why!?"

Mikoku turned to Shino and found the previous fake smile was gone. A natural teary expression had taken its place.

That was the girl's reaction to Mikoku's attempt to distance her.

"Why do you push me away!?"

She wanted to say that was not it.

She wanted to say that was not what she had meant. She wanted to say she had meant this battle was dangerous.

…I do not want to push you away!

Shino had to understand, but she was unable to restrain herself in this tense situation. Her emotions had reflexively exploded from her.

But none of this should have been happening here.

Immediately afterwards, three things happened.

First, Atsuta's dropping Cowling Sword struck Mikoku's sword.

Second, the force of that impact shattered the worn-down Cowling Sword's cowling.

And third, the concept contained inside the Cowling Sword was emitted in an uncontrolled state.

"!?"

A moment later, one of the hills in the mountains of Okutama was destroyed and collapsed.
~ OnC Volume 11​
Since Atsuta chased Mikoko down and seemed to be comparable to her he should scale to her speed and hence Akio should as well.

If Toda considers Atsuta dangerous and Atsuta could chase her down then their speeds being comparable, thus scalable to Akio, makes sense.

Since I probably need a third opinion before applying: bump

Thank you two, that sufficient input for a series like this. I will add it then.

Back