• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some more concepts for Noah (Owari no Chronicle)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
As Noah's page explains, Noah at her peak held all Concept Cores and as such all concepts of the multiverse.
And there are a few minor concepts that were mentioned in the story that I forgot about. So those should be added as things she has access to. Should also be added to Toda Mikoku as she has access to all of Noah's concepts.

There are three concepts, to be specific.
“Currently, we are opening up most of the camouflaged building’s third floor and piling up the equipment and explosives in case of an attack. The cafeteria will act as a base and this will be the storage area. To prevent an external attack, the defense shutters have a concept saying ‘—You cannot enter here’ applied.”
(Volume 11 Chapter 29)
However, Sayama heard another shout duplicated over that one. This other shout was in a language that’s pronunciation was somehow similar to German. Sayama grasped that this was the language the man was actually speaking. Some sort of mutual understanding concept was in effect.
(Volume 1 Chapter 9)
—You and I are cherry blossom classmates.
A moment later, she sensed a single thought within that previously empty space.
It was Gyes.
She saw the automaton looking at her in surprise.
“Lady Miyako!? Classmates!? I could not possibly be so bold!”
“Stop being so awestricken. This concept creates a perfect understanding between two individuals with some kind of common factor. …But it only lasts the length of one song. Assume this only lasts about five minutes, Gyes.”
(Volume 10 Chapter 2)

The first probably doesn't grant any new abilities.
The second should be automatic translation.
The third could be classified as unusual telepathy.

I mean, first does grant the ability to prohibit people from entering the area, but I guess she already has it if you said it's not a new ability.

For the rest yeah, it's good. You could maybe put "Unconventional Telepathy" .

I mean, first does grant the ability to prohibit people from entering the area, but I guess she already has it if you said it's not a new ability.
I would guess prohibiting people from entering the area would be classified as Forcefields and she already has those listed. Hence I think it wouldn't add new P&As.

Well, I was thinking more of Law Manipulation or Reality Warping but first is more accurate.

Hmmm... calling it law manipulation feels weird. I guess it adds a rule to reality, but then one could argue that concept manipulation does that in general.

Hmmm... calling it law manipulation feels weird. I guess it adds a rule to reality, but then one could argue that concept manipulation does that in general.
Eh, depends on how you define the rule because you can add an existing rule to reality, but it was before not applied.
Unless the concept of rule did not exist before and “create” one to reality, then ya, I agree.

Sincerely, Law/Concepts are a lot of time the same things, one could interchange them and it won't be a difference if its not stated/explained or shown in the series.

You could anyway add it to its existing Conceptual Manipulation as another use of it.

Sincerely, Law/Concepts are a lot of time the same things, one could interchange them and it won't be a difference if its not stated/explained or shown in the series.

You could anyway add it to its existing Conceptual Manipulation as another use of it.
They are not the same… a concept of an apple is not the same as an apple.

Tbh, I agree with Zara that 1 looks like Law Manip or RW, but it seems better to make it an addition to their Conceptual Manip.

2nd one is fine

and 3rd one seems to be limited to certain conditions and also only lasts 5 minutes, so Limited "Unconvetional Telepathy"?

They are not the same… a concept of an apple is not the same as an apple.
I know that. If you read again what I said "Law/Concepts are a lot of time the same things, one could interchange them and it won't be a difference if its not stated/explained or shown in the series" as the authors when writing their series a lot of time don't understand the difference themselves. Both are what its show in X series and what they are shown to express... it all down to what the writer states.

I know that. If you read again what I said "Law/Concepts are a lot of time the same things, one could interchange them and it won't be a difference if its not stated/explained or shown in the series" as the authors when writing their series a lot of time don't understand the difference themselves. Both are what its show in X series and what they are shown to express... it all down to what the writer states.
All I am saying is that concept manipulation needs more context to get qualified for it. A rule addition is just law manipulation for me.

Yeah, that's essentially my intention.
All I am saying is that concept manipulation needs more context to get qualified for it. A rule addition is just law manipulation for me.
I mean, we know the effect itself is established via the same concept manipulation that Noah already has on her profile.
The only debatable point is whether it's concept manipulation and law manipulation, or just concept manipulation. The latter seems easier.

Yeah, that's essentially my intention.

I mean, we know the effect itself is established via the same concept manipulation that Noah already has on her profile.
The only debatable point is whether it's concept manipulation and law manipulation, or just concept manipulation. The latter seems easier.
For me, it seems law manipulation, concept manipulation, simply needs more context

Are you doubting that the Type 1 Concept Manipulation Noah already has for manipulating her verse's concepts is actually concept manipulation?
Or which context do you need in addition to concepts in OnC being type 1 concepts?

Because I can post proof of concepts in the verse being... well concepts. If that's needed. Although it's a long read.

Are you doubting that the Type 1 Concept Manipulation Noah already has for manipulating her verse's concepts is actually concept manipulation?
Or which context do you need in addition to concepts in OnC being type 1 concepts?

Because I can post proof of concepts in the verse being... well concepts. If that's needed. Although it's a long read.
I was commenting on that scan you provided, not doubting what is already implemented. I am sorry if you misunderstood it.

Back