• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Speed Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice stuff here in terms of travel speed. Heh.

So if evaluated, we'll have just about everyone at Subsonic+ (Subsonic for Reinhardt but it seems that by Xcano that he wouldn't be too far off there apparently).

Woah haha woops. I means Subsonic for everyone and almost Subsonic+ for Reinhardt. I messed that up. Editing in now.

I look at the calc and it looks ok for me.

And I totally agree with the movement upgrade.

(Tho cases like Reinhardt's Charge and D.Va's MEKA should be clarify on their profiles)

Also, I could make the upgrade if they are accepted (Mostly because I want to "make up for" others edits that I couldn't made in time)

@AidenBrooks999 If you comment that you accept the calculation inside the blog itself, it can probably be used.

I do not know. Probably, but you can check.

Idk about these.They make sense gameplay wise,but not all of them do lore-wise.

Lucios projectiles:Yeah,that makes sense.

Lucio speed mode:From headcanon,i'd say it was lower than supersonic,but until Lucio gets a comic or a short,i cant really back that up,so...

Genji:Depends how advanced Overwatch tech really is.

Tracer:That's a possibility

Reinhardt and D-Va:Again,depends how advanced Overwatch tech is.

76 sprint:Now this i really dont get.76 is a super soldier with nothing in his backstory that point to him being able to run that fast.

Winston Rage:I've never actually used Winston's rage,so it's hard to say.

Reaper wraith:Actually,this makes more sense Lore-wise than gameplay-wise XD

Well, we have Overwatch characters with HHS+ reactions

They stills getting hit by bullets, and even Lució's sound waves

So....

Skyblade743 said:
Idk about these.They make sense gameplay wise,but not all of them do lore-wise.
Lucios projectiles:Yeah,that makes sense.

Lucio speed mode:From headcanon,i'd say it was lower than supersonic,but until Lucio gets a comic or a short,i cant really back that up,so...

Genji:Depends how advanced Overwatch tech really is.

Tracer:That's a possibility

Reinhardt and D-Va:Again,depends how advanced Overwatch tech is.

76 sprint:Now this i really dont get.76 is a super soldier with nothing in his backstory that point to him being able to run that fast.

Winston Rage:I've never actually used Winston's rage,so it's hard to say.

Reaper wraith:Actually,this makes more sense Lore-wise than gameplay-wise XD
This is the same wiki in which we have Peak Humans that can fluctuate up to Star level and MFTL+

AidenBrooks999 said:
The Everlasting said:
@Aiden
And the Hunter from Bloodborne can be hit by bullets too. What's your point?
Sometimes autors doesn't know how powerfuls their characters are
Still, in the cinematics, they are easily able to react to bullets and stuff, and that is all canon material

The gameplay is only used to compare exact figures since we cant get an idea about those yet with a cinematic.

Jinx666 said:
Still, in the cinematics, they are easily able to react to bullets and stuff, and that is all canon material

The gameplay is only used to compare exact figures since we cant get an idea about those yet with a cinematic.
We don't have TF2 characters at Subsonic via Gameplay too?

Well, so what's the problem with subsonic Overwatch?

I mean, how Subsonic Soldier could be ilogical? Is not like someone said anything bad about the High Hypersonic+ feat that he has.

Because 76 literally just has the standard superhero makeover:generally better everything,but nothing that stood out.The gameplay is the only thing that says he can run at subsonic speeds,and the gameplay also allows 12 76's to exist at the same time.

Soldier's calc suggests that he can run at HHS+ speeds, so this really wouldn't apply to him.

Skyblade743 said:
Because 76 literally just has the standard superhero makeover:generally better everything,but nothing that stood out.The gameplay is the only thing that says he can run at subsonic speeds,and the gameplay also allows 12 76's to exist at the same time.
Dude, he literally has a Mach 89 feat

Why Subsonic running speed would be so weird?

Think it should be said there's evidence they were nerfed for gameplay, such as Tracer only being able to Blink 3 times in a row rather than 8-10, and Genji being able to use Reflect several times in a short timeframe.

Dude, he literally has a Mach 89 feat

Why Subsonic running speed would be so weird?

Yeah,one Mach 89 feet.PES can expand to Overwatch.Plus,the writers wouldnt kill off a playable charetcer for the sake of realism.

It just dosnt make sense for him.We dont know exactly how advanced Overwatch tech really is.As far as we know,it cant make anyone run at subsonic speeds.Well,it did,but that was on accident.

There's not that many people who are willing to respond to this and this is more of changing their movement speed from Peak Human to Subsonic (though that is two levels of speed right there so...).

In any case, i say this is fine enough to do them okay. Of course as Talon pointed out, the only one that really shouldn't get this is 76 and that's because he has a Mach 90 feat from one of the cinematics (which i'm pretty sure they're absolutely canon to the series). Aiden or maybe Reppuzan can do this later in the day...

We can scale those faster than 76 in the game as High Hypersonic aswell can't we? Such as Genji ,Lucio and Tracer

Genji is only faster with his Swift Strike, much like Tracer with her Blinks.

I don't believe Lucio has a speed advantage over Soldier.

If we go by that sort of logic, Reinhardt's Charge would scale as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back