• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Over-reliance on Feats?

I've had this problem for awhile now. Why does this site SOLELY focus on feats and completely disregard any form of benefit of the doubt?

I ask this in relation to Dragon Ball Specifically. It's like you require blatant statements of a thing in question before you even begi to think it's correct and even if it is performed on-screen, it's questioned to hell and back to the point that a lot of the time, it's flat out disregarded.

An example of this would be Manga Zamasu not having Combat-Applicable Mid-Godly Regen from surviving a Hakai. Why? In literally any other verse, this would've flew by with absolutely no problems but the moment Dragon Ball gets decent hax, we have to question it this much? Hit gets time stop hax, it's less potent than other Time stops. Goku and Beerus ending the universe in 3 punches? We need a timeframe and the form of how they do it; doing it by shockwaves is at most 3-B! (Ignoring that Goku used a Kamehameha that would've ended the universe after that 3 punches).

There's also stuff like Whis being unable to self-resurrect because he's never shown it. He literally points his staff at the thing he wants alive and they're alive. Why would his staff differentiate between other person and himself? It's literally point and revive!

In many of these cases, a lot of people (Particularly staff who wants "The most accurate information") completely disregards all of this because it's not 100% solid. The problem I have with this is the fact that if we take everything they said at face value, that Hakai would keep Zamasu down for any extended periods of time or that Whis can't self-revive would mean that the characters in the story are functionally brain-dead. Like say if Zamasu took longer than an hour to regenerate from a Hakai. That's MASSIVE for someone like Goku who needs very little time to regain more stamina than what he'd lose. Or say Whis dies due to some unforeseen circumstances. He can't revive himself, so if he died to an even stronger being, everyone's boned! The one being (Whis) that could possibly stand a chance is now dead! The GoD is left unattended and could do god knows how much damage!

tl;dr I am seriously questioning why everyone on this site is so damned fixated on "It has to be PERFECTLY SEEN ON-SCREEN for it to count! No grey zone ever!" which is completely at odds with how Dragon Ball works, who uses statements more than most verses. We disregard their statements and we have a broken universe with logical problems at every turn and corner.

It is because statements and assumptions can be very inconsistent. With feats, we at least know that the character is capable of that feat.

But we do treat anime SSJG Goku as 3-A? Did you even read the profile? @Akreious

As for Mid-Godly, given we've seen him regen quite quickly, I'm pretty sure its safe to assume he can regen in combat applicable times. The question I have is does manga hakai also erase your existance or is that just an assumption.

>I am seriously questioning why everyone on this site is so damned fixated on "It has to be PERFECTLY SEEN ON-SCREEN for it to count! No grey zone ever!"

No one says that. Statements are 100% fine. Overextrapolation is not

>We disregard their statements

We don't. We simply take the statement and avoid turning it into a NLF

Kal

I forgot DB when I ranted about Pokemon in the chat

And I am sorry

Your point gets proven not even an hour later

@Gar

No big deal. But this isn't the place for that kind of discussion.

@SD

Anyway, the argument was basically that the combat applicable regen that was shown is too far from Mid-Godly (it's Low-High) to consider Mid-Godly combat applicable

It would be like saying that I can heal broken bones overnight because that's what happens with papercuts.

@Kal which is understandable irl, but seems like an extreme comparsion in fiction when there is nothing suggesting such a delay, espically considering such atrain of thought would leave borderline every regen non-combat applicable.

Though this probably isn't the place for this discuss (Not to menton that regen might get downgraded)

I mean, what I want is something suggesting that the regen is applicable.

I can name fictional characters whose high end regen takes longer than their weaker, instant low end regen. Deadpool for example.

If Zamasu had a statement saying that it's fast? Be my guest. But he has Mid-Godly because he wouldn't be dead for good. That doesn't imply combat applicable

Anyway yeah, i'll drop the topic

>"tl;dr I am seriously questioning why everyone on this site is so damned fixated on "It has to be PERFECTLY SEEN ON-SCREEN for it to count! No grey zone ever!" which is completely at odds with how Dragon Ball works, who uses statements more than most verses. We disregard their statements and we have a broken universe with logical problems at every turn and corner."

So uh...

You just gonna ignore the Solar System level rating that Cell has on his profile or...

Gargoyle One said:
And the fact that we gave Cell 1 KILOFOE for a feat that DOESNT EVEN EXIST
Like, how can you even complain after that
Cell wasn't even 1 KiloFoe for a long time before someone actually had to make a calc as well as after many arguments that there's literally nothing contradicting Cell's statement. VsBattle at one point didn't even have 4-B Dragon Ball for a long while.

"I mean, what I want is something suggesting that the regen is applicable.

I can name fictional characters whose high end regen takes longer than their weaker, instant low end regen. Deadpool for example.

If Zamasu had a statement saying that it's fast? Be my guest. But he has Mid-Godly because he wouldn't be dead for good. That doesn't imply combat applicable

Anyway yeah, i'll drop the topic"

This is false equivalence. Deadpool isn't Cell nor Zamasu. Here's a separate question, when has dragon ball ever shown non-combat applicable regen? When has the show say, said that they can't kill Buu of permanently but then it takes him 3 hours to regenerate?

Counter Argument: Have you got statements that say that it's as slow as you're saying? If it takes a week or something for Zamasu to regenerate from a Hakai, that sounds like a looooooooong time for Goku and the gang to prepare, regenerate or not.

"What? Demanding that a character perform something to be certain that they can do said something? What a most perplexing, illogical concept. You are very right, my good chap"

What? Multiple people says one thing but it's never performed on-screen! they must all be wrong and they can't do it! Beerus said Hakai won't work, but obviously Zamasu must take a few hours to regenerate from it even if it won't work!

"We don't. We simply take the statement and avoid turning it into a NLF"

And Zamasu's Regen is a NLF how exactly? Whis pointing and resurrecting is a NLF how exactly?

"But we do treat anime SSJG Goku as 3-A? Did you even read the profile? @Akreious

As for Mid-Godly, given we've seen him regen quite quickly, I'm pretty sure its safe to assume he can regen in combat applicable times. The question I have is does manga hakai also erase your existance or is that just an assumption."

Yes. I did. However, I'd like to remind you that for a time, Anime Goku wasn't even 3-A. He was 3-B before he got upgraded. Manga Goku even moreso, even now.

As for your 2nd part of your reply, I don't think so? I have yet to find any arguments that is different and isn't EE. The statement that says that "You won't go to the afterlife" is still there.

Also for those of you who basically meme-posted, thanks! Totally not insulting to someone who's very clearly already angry!

"So?

Doesn't matter what he used to be, even though he was 4B before anyway so......"

That's my point, it took a lot of debating and arguing before it was ever accepted. Many people just pulled the "Hyperbole!" card before people ever started taking it seriously.

"Feats >>>> Statements. That's all I'm saying on the matter."

A feat of a Low-High feat Failing to kill a person + Statements that a Low-Godly killer is unable to kill a person = Person only has Low-High and Mid-Godly is not applicable at all?

And yet it was accepted regardless

Hell, Cell being 4B from a statement is incredibly generous considering he's above Baseline High 4C scaling from a High 5A feat

Nah that was High 4C+ a while ago and that got downgraded I think

Though if you're right, that proves my point further

Back