• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Out For Veal (Arizona vs Trina Riffin)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So apparently, Trina is in the mood for a veal steak when attempting a dinner date with her crush: Nick Mallory. Thing was, there was no veal, so being the monster Trina is, Trina decided to go get herself some. As one might expect Trina went to some random-ass pasture to kill a calf. BIG MISTAKE. The first calf Trina tried to kill with her bare hands was a calf with a red scarf named Arizona, who fought back real hard. Still wanting that dinner date, Trina isn't going down without a fight. So with that said and done, here are the terms.:

1. This is 9-A Trina vs 9-A Arizona

2. Speed is equalized.

3. Battlefield is an open pasture, as stated above. Starting distance is 10 meters.

With that said and done, here are their profiles.:

Arizona's Profile

Trina's Profile

Who wins this match?

Arizona TFH
Trina Riffin
Trina in her base form.

Arizona Takes Down the Monster: 3 (RainbowDashSwagger, Paulo.junior.969, Starter Pack)
Trina Gets Veal: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I think Arizona has this. While base Trina has a lot of resistances. Arizona has much better evasive and offensive capabilities. A few of Trina's abilities are also only possiblies and wouldn't necessarily dictatate the outcome of the fight. Arizona's superior closed quarter combat skill and ability to get up close would definitely be hard for Trina counter

RainbowDashSwagger said:
I think Arizona has this. While base Trina has a lot of resistances. Arizona has much better evasive and offensive capabilities. A few of Trina's abilities are also only possiblies and wouldn't necessarily dictatate the outcome of the fight. Arizona's superior closed quarter combat skill and ability to get up close would definitely be hard for Trina counter
True, Trina had next to no fighting experience from what I've watched on Grojband. At best, Trina had fear manipulation, having used it to enslave an entire group of lounge-goers and a trio of pirates in a kill-on-sight search to get her car back. Yes, I said it, her car. That and there was the time her mere appearance cracked a mirror and made two children run off, but Trina primarily used it to control Mina, who's generally squeamish from what I can tell. Doubt it would work on someone like Arizona, though.

Granted Trina has slightly superior AP to Arizona (0.009 with a possibility of being 0.01 tons of TNT as opposed to 0.008 for Arizona), but with statistics-amplification (both offensively and defensively) on Arizona's side, Trina wouldn't have anything besides durability going for her (maybe lifting strength, but that's usually negligible in Vs debates.).

Which end do we use for Arizona? Fragmentation gives Trina a slight AP advantage (not too much, just 1.1x or so), and Violent Fragmentation gives Arizona a 5x advantage or so.

Anyway, I don't know anything about Trina, so let's talk about Arizona:

Arizona is more of a close fighter, but she could close the starting distance with Lasso, which recharges her magic leaves the opponent open to an attack, such as Heavy Stomp or Heavy Headbuck, or use Magic Stomp, which has a long range and stuns. Magic Headbuck has armor, which allows her to go through the opponent's attacks to hit them, and her special is Rebound, which deals massive damage and allows her to start a combo. Her combos can go up to several dozen hits.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Which end do we use for Arizona? Fragmentation gives Trina a slight AP advantage (not too much, just 1.1x or so), and Violent Fragmentation gives Arizona a 5x advantage or so.
I was going off the low-end (which is pretty normative in a Vs Debate environment).

Yeah, I'm thinking Arizona FRA. Lots of fighting experience typically always beats minimal to no fighting experience.

Starter Pack said:
Yeah, I'm thinking Arizona FRA. Lots of fighting experience typically always beats minimal to no fighting experience.
Granted 1 year isn't a lot by our standards, but still.

Kinda irrelevant to the debate, but I tweeted this thread to Todd Kauffman (creator of Grojband: Trina's origin), and he gave my tweet a heart (Twitter's version of likes). Kinda interesting for the series creator to take his character potentially losing pretty well.

Back