• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our striking strength page has an outdated section

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the problem, these instructions may refer to an old revision, but some new pages could still feature the same mistake, and older ones may have slipped past the radar.

Okay. Our old format has likely almost completely been replaced by now after 5 years though, so I do think that we need to reword the section.

Aside from possibly adding a table similar to our attack potency and lifting strength tables; albeit it would mostly be copy/paste from attack potency but replacing "level" with "Class". I don't really see anything wrong with the description. Just because it's old doesn't necessarily mean its outdated given the general words and information hold up.

Adding some brief footnotes that they used to be displayed based on prefix of the corresponding Joule values could be mentioned. And it can mention that KJ Class got replaced with Street Class and Wall Class, and GJ Class got replaced with ratings ranging from Building Class to City Block Class.

Aside from possibly adding a table similar to our attack potency and lifting strength tables; albeit it would mostly be copy/paste from attack potency but replacing "level" with "Class". I don't really see anything wrong with the description. Just because it's old doesn't necessarily mean its outdated given the general words and information hold up.

Adding some brief footnotes that they used to be displayed based on prefix of the corresponding Joule values could be mentioned. And it can mention that KJ Class got replaced with Street Class and Wall Class, and GJ Class got replaced with ratings ranging from Building Class to City Block Class.
This seems like a fine addition.

So should the notes section in this page remain as it is after all, and if not, in what manner should it be changed exactly?

So should the notes section in this page remain as it is after all, and if not, in what manner should it be changed exactly?
Just add how the old standard was changed to the new standard as per DDM's suggestion.

I believe DDM was also talking about this:

Well, I am afraid that I do not know how I should apply that exactly. He can write a draft if he wishes though.

I don't mind the minor changes. Also, the new note could be added to the bottom of the notes section. Perhaps something like this.
Keep in mind, that we updated a new chart for our striking strength levels back in 2017. Before then, striking strength used to be measured and named based on abbreviated joule values of KJ Class, MJ Class, GJ Class, ect. They have since been changed to Street Class, Wall Class, Building Class, ect to reflect our current policy.

Okay, but I think that we already basically mention that in the footnote section, either directly or via a link to Kavpeny's old striking strength conversion instruction blog.

Bump. In light of the recent Striking Strength revision, what should we do with this thread?

Well, this is also a bit outdated since Class got changed to level so it's more or less just copy/paste of AP table.

Is there anything left to do anymore? Seems like a pretty old-ass thread.

I am still not sure if we need to do anything here, and if so, what exactly?

I looked at the page, and it looks like stuff that say "Class" also say "level" now. But the chart might also include not just the Joule values but also ones that say Class instead of level to be changed to level. Or stuff like "Universal" should be changed to "Universe level". I posted this a while back too as a possible draft to include rewriting.
Keep in mind, that we updated a new chart for our striking strength levels back in 2017. Before then, striking strength used to be measured and named based on abbreviated joule values of KJ Class, MJ Class, GJ Class, ect. They have since been changed to Street Class, Wall Class, Building Class, ect to reflect our current policy.

We have also more recently changed "Class" to "level" to mirror the attack potency and durability ratings perfectly to make it easier to edit and keep track of. So for example, Planet Class is now Planet level. And higher up levels have consistently been named in adjectives ending an "al" or "ic" such as Galactic or Universal; those have also been changed to Galaxy level and Universe level respectively.
I added the 2nd paragraph to the draft now as the 1st one was written above that we could add that to the foot notes. But of course, now it's not just the ancient Joule values but anything with Class or basically anything that doesn't like up with exact wording of AP should be changed to "level".

Thank you. That seems reasonable to me. 🙏

I looked at the page, and it looks like stuff that say "Class" also say "level" now. But the chart might also include not just the Joule values but also ones that say Class instead of level to be changed to level. Or stuff like "Universal" should be changed to "Universe level". I posted this a while back too as a possible draft to include rewriting.

I added the 2nd paragraph to the draft now as the 1st one was written above that we could add that to the foot notes. But of course, now it's not just the ancient Joule values but anything with Class or basically anything that doesn't like up with exact wording of AP should be changed to "level".
Thank you. That seems reasonable to me. 🙏
Do we need to do anything else?

I do not know. My memory of this revision is not fresh anymore. What do the rest of you think?

Okay. So what revisions currently need to be applied here then?

Okay. I will do so.

Thank you very much to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back