• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
His fight with Cole didn't start from that far, so he didn't lead with it there.

Cause it'll be hard to dodge a one-shotting explosion that can cover several training fields (which iirc are massive) and the school in general while fighting a guy who can fire off more dragons and is comparable in AP

How did we go from "not a leading move" to "he'll use it from 4km"?

Seeing as how his boss fight is effectively a sniping contest, I fail to see the contradiction.

Also, don't see how distance effected starting move. Conduits like Cole and Kessler prefer to range rather than mix it up close.

The only moves that he won't use at range is Memory Inject (physical contact) and shockwaves, since he usually prefers to get up close to ensure max damage.

Tbh the more I look at this the more I lean towards Incon.

It's a toss between Kusanagi and Mindhax clones and both opponents have ways of possibly avoiding it.

Schnee One said:
Tbh the more I look at this the more I lean towards Incon.
It's a toss between Kusanagi and Mindhax clones and both opponents have ways of possibly avoiding it.
The thing is Kusanagi is a lot more in character than clones and Kusanagi can deal with clones. Whereas the opposite isn't true.

I vote Ouma. An in character Kusanagi will take care of anything Kessler can do. And even in the unlikely scenario that it doesn't Ouma uses a 2nd kusanagi and releases his barrier for blitz.

It is more in character by virtue of being a possible leading move, but that's it, an AoE attack in a speed equal fight isn't impossible to dodge and blitzing a person only goes so far when your best options are slashing a man with a passive forcefields and comparable Durability

Yeah, Inconclusive FRA. Both have ways of dealing with the others ace in the hole, so saying who hits who first is a coin flip.

Schnee One said:
It is more in character by virtue of being a possible leading move, but that's it, an AoE attack in a speed equal fight isn't impossible to dodge and blitzing a person only goes so far when your best options are slashing a man with a passive forcefields and comparable Durability
Yep, that matters a lot.

It not being impossible doesn't mean it's likely.

And blitz with an in character 1 shot nuke...ya kidding me?

I don't see how Kisanagi is a more in character move than clones. By your own admission his chances of using it against opponents who can't hurt him is random. Whereas Kessler will pop out clones relatively quickly against opponents on his own level and lower

@PTSO

On his level and lower? Ouma's FAR above though.

@Schnee

I see, good analogy, now tell me, how many of those times has the 1st kusanagi failed?

Ouma isn't even 2x stronger

Once against Ikki, though for some reason it's literally never one shotted someone

His 2 fights against Ikki:

First fight: He uses Kusanagi. Moroboshi steps in and nulls it. Fight ends.

2nd fight: They fight, Ouma acknowledges Ikki. Uses kusanagi. Then the rest of the fight is skipped.

So which time exactly?

@Earl

And? Why wouldn't he use one of his best dura negating techniques against a guy who can no-sell his attacks? Kessler is all about getting the job done, no matter the cost, so when he sees his raw power isn't enough, he'll switch gears. That's essentially what he did against his battle with Cole when he saw him get up from his attempt on his life stranger than before, he started using clones (which was early into the fight)

Back