• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
I hope this match works, let's give it a try.

The Monster King vs The Master of the Fist

Akuma heard voices of a King of the Monsters, the strongest and most dangerous being on Earth, and wanted to test him by himself. After reaching the underground location where Orochi is said to be, and after slaughtering some creature in the process, Akuma finally reaches the colossal monster in an empty room. No words are needed, as both fighters immediately comprehend each other through a simple stare.

• Tha battle takes place in Orochi's room
  • Speed is equalized
  • They start 10 meters from each other
  • First Form Orochi is used
  • Orochi scales to baseline High 7-A (1 gigaton) while Akuma upscales to 1.285 gigatons (More details on the scaling on his profile, otherwise just ask)

Orochi: 10 (Keeweed, Emirp Sumipto, Xsoulofcinderx, Jamesthetaker, EnderLord8, Armorchompy, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Oleggator, Schnee One, Tetsucabrah)

Akuma: 1 (Life of King)

Inconclusive:

e518eb1a2a503cb98899809510656efdd97f60acv2_00.jpg
161-1611002_amazing-pics-awesome-street-fighter-characters-be-street.png

Last edited:
Yes, it's an advantage, but I don't think it automatically grants him victory.

It's not relly in character for Orochi to do that, and depending on how the grabs happens, Akuma can try to get free by hitting Orochi with physical attacks, releasing his aura, shoot projectiles if one or both hands are free and stuff like that.

Doesn't Orochi have Attack Reflection mixed in to his Fighting Style? That's gonna be hella difficult to get through for Akuma.

Maybe, I think he doesn't have it on his profile because he never demonstrated the ability of using the Water Stream Fist to reflect anything, nor if he knows it can be used in that way. He copied Garou's stance and a few attacks, but then he oneshotted him and didn't demonstrate anything related to it anymore.

Maybe, I think he doesn't have it on his profile because he never demonstrated the ability of using the Water Stream Fist to reflect anything, nor if he knows it can be used in that way. He copied Garou's stance and a few attacks, but then he oneshotted him and didn't demonstrate anything related to it anymore.
I'm pretty sure he does have it by virtue of that is what WSRSF does. What can Akuma do here?

Orochi can't do anything against Shun Goku Satsu

Akuma has more AP

Akuma has more Hax

Akuma has more resistence

Akuma has more experience

Voting for Akuma

I'm pretty sure he does have it by virtue of that is what WSRSF does. What can Akuma do here?
I also think he should have it, maybe I'll make a quick CRT for that.

About Akuma, others have said his advantages.

With everything Orochi can do, I think the match is somewhat even.

The ap advantage is practically non existent. Both are very skilled, but Orochi can copy fighting styles based off a glance while I believe Akuma just practiced one fighting style for a very long time. Since the raging demon is a technique I’m pretty sure Orochi can copy it (correct me if I’m wrong but last I remembered Orochi copies the entire fighting style even if he only sees one part of it, is that right or am I misremembering it).

Orochi has the range advantage for most of his attacks, has over two dozen different ways to attack Akuma all at once from a multitude of different directions, has regeneration, and can probably instantly kill Akuma with his own insta kill move. So I think Orochi takes this handily either by instantly obliterating Akuma with his own attack, or just laser beams him to hell from 20 different directions. Also due to the recent heat revisions Akuma instant vaporizes upon trying to get anywhere close to Orochi fire attacks because he doesn’t have the heat resistance required to survive even the slightest bit of the heat.

I wouldn't call it nonexistent, Akuma greatly upscales from Ryu and can also transform. It's not a massive advantage, but it's still something.

We haven't seen much of what Orochi can do with his copy ability, he acquired Garou's stance and some of his attacks, but I don't think he can copy every single technique without even seeing it, or at least we have no basis to say it.

Akuma practiced a single fighting style, but it's still incredibly effective, knowing more styles doesn't necessarily make you better. Akuma also matched Gen, who has at least two different styles based on several assassination arts, and many other SF characters have more than one style and are matched by those with a single one, including Ryu and Ken, who uses the same (although different) style of Akuma and with a lesser degree of skill.

The rest are good arguments, counted both votes.

Also, is Orochi's regen combat applicable? I only remember him using it via absorbtion while reduced to a pulp.

Him fighting the other SF characters is pretty meaningless when literally everyone else except like one person are 9-A. I also don’t remember him ever fighting the other fighters. The only time I can think of when he fought another person was Bison and he instantly raging demoned him straight off the gate.

Orochi also upscales from his feat. So the ap once again becomes very moot, ignoring how half of Orochi’s attacks are piercing, the other 40% are heat attacks that would instantly cook Akuma. So his durability either is worthless due to piercing power or worthless due to heat.

I believe his regeneration is combat applicable at lower levels.

Orochi's mimicry abilities are insane. He just sees Garou do this once. And then, he has a direct statement from Murata saying that he can utilise WSRSF at the exact same level as Garou at that point. I'm pretty sure if he sees a demonstration of a martial art style only once, then he can instantly make it his own style too.
That is true, but then Orochi shown to having learnt what Garou did, fighting stance and "hand movements" (I don't know if I can call them fists). Using it as well as Garoud is true, but could Orochi having learnt everything else Garou knows even without seeing it?

Him fighting the other SF characters is pretty meaningless when literally everyone else except like one person are 9-A. I also don’t remember him ever fighting the other fighters. The only time I can think of when he fought another person was Bison and he instantly raging demoned him straight off the gate.

Orochi also upscales from his feat. So the ap once again becomes very moot, ignoring how half of Orochi’s attacks are piercing, the other 40% are heat attacks that would instantly cook Akuma. So his durability either is worthless due to piercing power or worthless due to heat.

I believe his regeneration is combat applicable at lower levels.
Akuma has fought Gen, Ryu, Oro, Gouken, Necalli, Kage, Bison (to a supposedly fair match prior to SF Alpha) and a Seth clone, and not all of these where total stomps.
About other characters, it was to say that Ansatsuken isn't ineffective just because it's a single style, as other users have shown to be better fighters than characters with more than one style.

Are we using feats to scale Orochi? Because his High 7-A key is baseline upscaled from Gouketsu and Elder Centipede, and the earthquake he caused is 6-C.

His regeneration is through absorbtion and consuming flesh, I don't see it being combat applicable unless Orochi get destroyed first, as he started absorbing others after being "killed" by Saitama.

Piercing and heat are valid arguments, yes. (Orochi could also have Danmaku)

That is true, but then Orochi shown to having learnt what Garou did, fighting stance and "hand movements" (I don't know if I can call them fists). Using it as well as Garoud is true, but could Orochi having learnt everything else Garou knows even without seeing it?
No. Garou at that point already knew Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist, but he only used WSRSF against Orochi. That's why Orochi could instantly copy and make it his own style, but didn't know anything about WICT because Garou didn't really use it against him. So, yeah he can't.

Oh, I thought Gouketsu feat was high 7-A, been a bit since I’ve read his profile.

Then Akuma does the have the ap advantage, though how much that matters depends on if Akuma can start to get hits in.

I thought Ryu and Ken practically have the same martial art Akuma has but with slightly different spins on it. Ignoring how Akuma gets his ap from upscaling from them so their fights were already an uphill battle. I haven’t played Kage or Necalli’s stories in a while but I remember Akuma just plowed through them in the end.

Granted Orochi also does the most the time, but him being able to copy martial arts via a slight glance due to skill, should be a better skill feat then Akuma’s (though not by much, and Orochi’s feat is incredibly nonsensical in nature).

Last edited:
The ap advantage is practically non existent. Both are very skilled, but Orochi can copy fighting styles based off a glance while I believe Akuma just practiced one fighting style for a very long time. Since the raging demon is a technique I’m pretty sure Orochi can copy it (correct me if I’m wrong but last I remembered Orochi copies the entire fighting style even if he only sees one part of it, is that right or am I misremembering it).
Wouldn't Orochi need to have Satsui no Hado energy to pull of full effects of Raging Demon??

Wouldn't Orochi need to have Satsui no Hado energy to pull of full effects of Raging Demon??
I just reread the raging demon lore, and yeah he would. So he won’t be able to pull it off. Though he can still instantly nuke Akuma with his fire attacks since it’s hilariously above Akuma’s heat resistance.

While Akuma definitely have AP advatange here but the gap isn't big enough to make a difference.

Akuma is undoubtedly more skilled than Orochi is, being able to copy martial art styles is below Akuma skills and experience. I'm not saying that Orochi can't copy it but he won't able to pull off Raging Demon or anything better against Akuma.

However, unlike most fighters Akuma have faced till now, Orochi's unique fighting style is nothing he have ever seen before. Orochi utilized both martial art and body control to create numerous of attacks, combine with multidirection heat beams which will burn him.

Orochi have major range advantage and heat beams on his side here. Akuma maybe can dodge and cancels some of them but the heat will burned him for good. Akuma AP and skills advantage is there but they can hardly counter against what i mentioned above.

I vote for Orochi 6/10.

I feel like Akuma can easily deal with range with clever usage of Ashura Senku. Even if Orochi can copy his style that doesn't mean he can use it as intelligently or effectively. To me this sounds like an Akuma win.

How would that help him against all the different angles he his being attacked by, and Orochi’s fire attacks have a massive AoE. He would have to use that literally every second in order to just not get stabbed, and even if he did just spam it Orochi can just continually fire a beam at Akuma. The second he stops being intangible he would instantly be fried.

“Even if Orochi can copy his style that doesn't mean he can use it as intelligently or effectively.”

He is stated by both characters in verse and word of god to have copied Garou perfectly. The entire point of that scene was to say he has the same prodigy copying as Garou and he can copy fighting style perfectly.

How would that help him against all the different angles he his being attacked by, and Orochi’s fire attacks have a massive AoE. He would have to use that literally every second in order to just not get stabbed, and even if he did just spam it Orochi can just continually fire a beam at Akuma. The second he stops being intangible he would instantly be fried.
They're 10 meters apart, Akuma can literally cross that distance in one second.
“Even if Orochi can copy his style that doesn't mean he can use it as intelligently or effectively.”

He is stated by both characters in verse and word of god to have copied Garou perfectly. The entire point of that scene was to say he has the same prodigy copying as Garou and he can copy fighting style perfectly.
Yeah but his skill WITH the fighting style doesn't change, all it means is he can do the moves and do them well.

Oh I didn’t realize there were that close. I was thinking of SBAs.

Even if Akuma gets in close I still don’t see that as a win unless he goes for the raging demon. Akuma only has two arms and he is being attacks from 12 separate directions all at the same time. Garou managed to avoid that by having omnidirectional attack reflection and he still got hit plenty of times. Akuma being right next to Orochi means he would have a vastly harder time dodging his fire. The reason Garou managed to dodge once was because he was next to Orochi’s mouth and just had to dodge that. Akuma is most likely going to be on the ground when he gets close he’s going to be pelted by tentacles and promptly be laser beamed.

Skill is literally how well you can use the abilities at your disposal. If a programmer knows all the steps and can code it without flaw then they are a skilled programmer. Garou doesn’t just blankly copy the moves, he actually knows the martial arts he’s copied, and Orochi scales to him.

Should I make starting distance higher?

I honestly don't know how the Raging Demon would be performed on Orochi, if Akuma attacks the legs, limbs, does an aerial combo or what, but given that the death effect doesn't totally lie in his fists, I think it could work.

Raging Demon absolutely kills Orochi. However Orochi can instantly kill Akuma with his fire and I believe that is a much better option. He can line it up with his other attacks, it has a massive Aoe, and its ranged. Meanwhile Akuma has to go over to the opponent and grab them. Also the raging demon still requires him to hit the opponent a lot and since Orochi is both huge and has the lifting strength advantage I don’t see what stops him from just stopping the raging demon. Everyone else Akuma hit with it got staggered because he’s stronger than them in every way.

Oh I didn’t realize there were that close. I was thinking of SBAs.

Even if Akuma gets in close I still don’t see that as a win unless he goes for the raging demon. Akuma only has two arms and he is being attacks from 12 separate directions all at the same time. Garou managed to avoid that by having omnidirectional attack reflection and he still got hit plenty of times. Akuma being right next to Orochi means he would have a vastly harder time dodging his fire. The reason Garou managed to dodge once was because he was next to Orochi’s mouth and just had to dodge that. Akuma is most likely going to be on the ground when he gets close he’s going to be pelted by tentacles and promptly be laser beamed.
That's fair, I suppose. Did Orochi lead with that?
Skill is literally how well you can use the abilities at your disposal. If a programmer knows all the steps and can code it without flaw then they are a skilled programmer. Garou doesn’t just blankly copy the moves, he actually knows the martial arts he’s copied, and Orochi scales to him.
Alright then since we've agreed that Akuma is more skilled than Orochi he can't copy Akuma's fighting style too well. After all, it's not like Garou could perfectly copy Bang's style, Bang is way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back