• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Tier 7 revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakuzan has absolutely no personal knowledge of monsters other than Gouketsu, the crows, and Gyoro's communication eye. Him saying there are multiple monsters stronger than Gouketsu is meaningless.

Its either Gyro Gyro underestimating him or Goketsu overestimating himself,considerably he stomped everyone in the arena it not unlikely for him to get overconfident and think he can beat them even though Gyro Gyro should have more idea because of her analysis and her never downplaying monsters rather she exaggerates some monsters like Homeless emperor and Black Sperm and downplay heores like Tatsumaki

I am refering to when Bakuzan says to Seiryu that there are monsters even stronger than Goketsu

@Blahblah9755

True enough

Also, in Japanese singularity and plurality aren't clear, so unless we have a qualifier like "some", "a few", "countless", etc we can't be certain it was meant to be plural without looking at context, and considering the context is someone who only knows of one monster stronger than Gouketsu, it probably was meant to be a monster. Alternatively, he could just be assuming that if the gap between Gouketsu and the Monster King is that huge, there should be someone between them.

It isn't? I didn't knew about that but well if someone can translate the Japanese scan of it then we could determine it though its not too important and yeah could be error but it doesn't seem so,I dont know why he would assume that there would be monsters stronger than Goketsu if he told about Orochi being stronger

I mean, the intention is clear. Goketsu said that Orochi was stronger than him, that there's multiple other dragons stronger than Bakuzan, and Bakuzan was just casually clowned by Goketsu. The point of the line was "I was just casually beaten by this guy, and apparently there are multiple dude's either just as powerful or more powerful than he is. I'm just a small fry."

It's why he says that he gave up on his dreams of conquest, since it's useless. There's no scaling to be done here.

I don't know how he would come to conclusions of monsters being stronger than Goketsu other than Orochi because he has no idea about other monsters? Is it because he believes statement of Goketsu saying they are always stronger monsters meaning stronger monsters than Goketsu exists?

Yeah I guess no scaling

Basically. It's a common thing in OPM for someone to realize that there's always a bigger fish, and even the bigger fish have bigger fish.

Yeah it kinda died. But the points stand

• There's no evidence for any other Cadre (besides Orochi) to scale to Goketsu
  • His feat is vastly better than everyone else's by a wide margin
  • He's hyped up equally as much as EC and Rover
  • Unlike other monsters he knows his place and isn't willing to go against Orochi
Everyone should be moved to varying levels of 7-B until they get a hard feat.

So before I go through with everything

• 7-B: Hellfire Flame, Gale Wind, Blizzard (not 100% how we scale her atm though), Garou (since his Half-Monster key just sorta covers everything)
  • At least 7-B: Psykos, Bang, Bomb, Homeless Emperor, Rover, ENW, Atomic Samurai, Black Sperm, Sweet Mask, Darkshine
  • At least 7-B, likely higher: Flashy Flash, PM, Brave Giant, Rover, Elder Centipede

Once I get home, since it seems like the majority agrees with a downgrade, I'll start implementing them.

Sure. Might be a good idea to give Rover something like "At least City level (Withstood a combination attack from Bang and Bomb and no selled Garou's strongest punch), Likely Mountain level (Survived a punch from Saitama, something Goketsu, Vaccine Man, and Carnage Kabuto couldn't do)".

Although if that wasn't accepted just replace mountain level with likely higher.

Since Saitama held back against him (more than usual), I think a possibly/likely higher is the best you can get.

Saitama comments on how Rover was just a dog, and talks about finding its owner and how poorly trained it is. Since he was treating Rover as a runaway pet rather than a monster, he was probably holding back the same way he does against regular humans.

It was still a strong punch. With more emphasis put on it than most punches he's done.

Even got Orochi's attention, when the Emperor Nova didn't.

The part about Emperor Nova is a good point. Now that I look at it again, Orochi also seemed to think that Rover would be able to fight Saitama and was shocked that Saitama was able to beat Rover while "going easy" on him (at this point Saitama had already damaged Orochi, damaging one of his tentacles with nothing but grip strength, and he had called Saitama a threat to the MA, so he knew that Saitama was at least somewhat comparable to himself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back