• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Tier 7 revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does anything about Rover's feats suggests he's around Gouketsu's level? His calcuable concrete feats comes nowhere near Gouketsu's and he hasn't fought anyone that scales directly to or above Gouketsu either.

He stomps an amped bang and bomb + fubuki by himself while weakened after taking a punch from saitama.

idk man. That + some of the statements above just makes me believe Rover is on par with Gouketsu.

Neither Bang, Bomb or Fubuki have any evidence to suggest they're near Gouketsu, so Rover being above them doesn't really prove much

Yeah but did you do it in this thread? It seems like a good idea to discuss, since there are a good amount of people here.

That statement is clearly an exaggeration. Even Evil Natural Water, who could hack off Sweet Mask's arm, and Homeless Emperor couldn't kill Tatsumaki. Gyoro Gyoro herself and Homeless Emperor couldn't kill Bang. If she's referring to GS, maybe, but there's no indication and that'd defeat the point itself.

Speaking of which, I think Evil Natural Water should scale to Gouketsu. Gyoro Gyoro was fine letting Gouketsu break free, but wouldn't let it out of a vault. It's true that she can't control it mentally due to its aggression, but this still proves it has some fairly immense power. ENW also has no anti-feats, he's only overpowered a ton of the S-Classes, even hacking off Sweet Mask's arm, who is on par with Black Sperm.

ENW is contained because it's one of the only two that needs to be contained, and the only of those two that can be contained since it's passive if not disturbed. The presence of anti-feats isn't the issue for any of them, it's the lack of any feats or statements of scaling that people are using to downgrade.

Speaking of scaling statements, is anyone willing to comment on the statement that says a group of S class heroes could damage Gouketsu in chapter 74?

If he's portrayed as the monster asociation's final weapon, I don't see why he shouldn't. Gouketsu wasn't given that distinction.

It might've been arrogance, especially since Tatsumaki is part of that line-up. Gyoro Gyoro (who has the ability to sense power) told him to scram, as multiple S-Classes would've given him a hard time.

Gouketsu vs. S-Class

Blahblah9755 said:
I'm gonna reiterate this since no one addressed this:

In chapter 74 Psykos tells Gouketsu that if he doesn't leave S class heroes could start "storming the place", and he might suffer a few broken bones. So the implication is that a large group of S class heroes working together would lose to Gouketsu, but could deal some noteworthy damage.
Well Psykos was wrong about Tatsumaki. She likely doesn't know the strength of the other top fighters like Darkshine and Flash either. I don't think she even prepared an opponent for them.

Also worth noting that Tatsumaki didn't find it too farfetched to think that Darkshine could beat someone stronger than Gyoro Gyoro.

https://prnt.sc/qnc5o6

https://prnt.sc/qnc5km

Gyoro Gyoro was unaware of Tatsumaki's true strength, but she still thought she was able to defeat the downplayed Tatsumaki in her head who she still acknowledged could defeat Elder Centipede.

Gyoro Gyoro was fine letting Gouketsu break free

She was fine with Goketsu since he knew his place. He was subservent completely to Orochi, same with Rover who bows to stronger beings. ENW is just a sentient evil blob of water that kills anything near it with agressive emotions. You can't control it, so she locked it away until she really needed it for something.

Well just going through

• Agree with 7-A Downgrades: Qawsedf234, Xulrev, Damage234, IMadeThis, Andytremon, Moritzva, LSir, SuperAPM (I believe)
  • Disagree: Matthew, Cropfist, Tetsucabrah (Partially)
There's more people than the above that have commented on the thread but they either haven't commented on if they agree/disagree or believe certain Dragons still scale. But if I missed anyone feel free to comment, but as of now its pretty heavy on the downgrade side.

Evil Natural Water should scale. Rover's durability should scale.

Flashy Flash, Darkshine, Bang, Rover, EC, Bomb, Black Sperm, Atomic Samurai, Carnage Mode Carnage Kabuto, and any others that scale to the guys listed should get a "likely higher".

Don't really see the evidence for the first two.

Fine with Flashy, Darkshine and Rover getting a likely higher rating.

I'm cool with a likely higher for Flash, Rover (at least his durability), and Darkshine. ENW I don't see it really.

Bang scales to Darkshine (easily defeated him in a sparring match). Bomb scales to Bang.

Half Monster Garou tanked Multiple Rover blasts. The heroes that Darkshine said would beat Half Monster Garou also scale to him. Black Sperm scales to Atomic Samurai.

Bang doesn't scale to Darkshine, Bang beat him beacuse of his WSRSF techniques reflecting and repelling all his attacks back at him.

I think when someone says "I lost badly" about another character they're putting respect on their name. Also the narration said both Bang and Darkshine stand at the top of the world in terms of close combat.

Well

• Darkshine mentioned thst he was uninjured, but noted thst Bang could at leasr reflect his attacks. Sometjing Garou couldn't do at the time
  • I don't think AS should upscale
  • Black Sperm seems a lot like Mel honestly. His durability is pretty trash compared to his collective AP

Darkshine being uninjured is more of a testament to his own durability, the one thing that's emphasized more than his strength, rather than Bang's own lack of power. Also it's not implied Bang was going all out either.

The only issue I have is that Gyoro Gyoro thinks a group of S class would give Gouketsu trouble/break a few of his bones depending on translation, which means that she thinks at least a few of them (her underestimated idea of Tatsumaki included) could harm him.

Genos thought they would need everyone, and they at least have a vague idea about what half of them are capable of at the time. Goketsu being injured while heavily outnumbered and more importantly by a collective hypothetical team isn't really scalable. For all we know Psykos was thinking the team would be Metal Knight's army and Tornado.

Bang didn't beat Darkshine with raw power, Darkshine talks about these sparring matches specifically to compare Bang's perfection of his WSRSF to contrast against Garou's own capabilities with it. Its clear he had to use these techniques to repel him back.

He didn't beat him with just raw power yeah, but he's very clearly in the same weight class, power scaling wise.

His feats speak for themselves. No one who can casually dominate dragon levels when not serious and one shot them when serious is on the same weight class as Amai and Atomic.

And like I said, that simply acts as evidence for his at least 7-B rating, like a lot of the characters being downscaled. I simply don't see the evidence too suggest he's directly comparable to Darkshine and therefore I don't see why he should be given a likely higher rating on top of that

One more thing Gyro Gyro stated that only 3 S class can beat Elder Centipede which is downplayed version of Tatsumaki,Blast and Metal night while she stated that multiple s classes heores would gave Goketsu hard time so that could mean that heores who can give Goketsu tough time are more than Elder Centipede since she doesn't specify the name might as well could be 3 S class which could defeat Elder Centipede,thoughts on this?

King (Saitama) was on that list as well.

That list was also almost purely based on having a combination of the AP to pierce the shell and the AoE to one shot him, since regen and large size are the main issue.

Also, it was multiple S classes working together to trouble Gouketsu, not even beat, while those were people who could one shot EC alone.

They were enough to be huge trouble for Goketsu hence Gyro Gyro warned to not stay for too long and other translation have him having broken bones too

That means they are stronge enough to defeat or one shot Elder Centipede while none was stated to stand a chance a chance against Elder Centipede at all

As others have pointed out, we don't know who the other S classes would be fighting Gouketsu. And the only reason others didn't have a chance against EC is because they don't have any means to deal out large AoE. We clearly see that Bang and Bomb would be a serious threat to him if he were just smaller (much more than just a few broken bones), and naturally characters like Darkshine and Flashy would be the same.

Other than large size,its durabilty was too much as well as its sheer strength which is why only 4 actually 3 could fight and defeat it

Bang and Bomb combined attack falied to kill Elder Centipede and they said that they cant win though they didn't use cross fang dragon slayer fist and Bang didn't use abandonment so that might be different story but going by Gyro Gyro it would be slaughter even taking this into account

I doubt Darkshine could actually beat Elder Centipede and even if he had the power he doesn't have range, Flashy Flash could beat it but he sure would blitz it

EC has multiple advantages in terms of power that Goketsu doesn't. Like regen and reactive strength increases. The final note is thst we don't know how many S-Class she was referring to, we don't know if the statement is even true, and we have no other clear examples of anyone scaling to Goketsu. So I don't see why random dragons should upscale based on nothing but unsubstained hype.

Those advantages are mostly abilites rather than raw strength but I dont see why we shouldn't take Gyro Gyro assessment as wrong since she hasn't been shown to be that type of person to downplay a monster and was the one to assign them disaster level so her judgement could be accurate and good point that we dont know what s classes she is refering to but it looks like more than 3 but could only be 3 so yeah and well true due to lack of Goketsu screen time we dont get any dragon to scale to Goketsu

One more thing,Though Goketsu only says that Orochi is stronger than him(ignoring GS since he doesn't know about it obviously) but Bakuzan says to Seiryu that there are monsters even worse than Goketsu when he only mentioned Orochi so how he says monsterS is he referring to executives here? Not sure about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back