• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Saitama Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this and copied it from the OPM wiki and I thought Saitama's current profile is quite lacking but here you go

Saitama
Enhanced Senses - Saitama's senses is not only limited to sight based. He possesses impressively sharp hearing, being able to pick up on various chatter from bystanders a good distance away even while fighting monsters and the like. His tracking capability is also astonishing . (I can't find the hearing statement tho)

Air Manipulation - Can generate air pressure with his attacks .

Resistance to Pain Manipulation - Before gaining his overwhelming power, Saitama was still able to suppress pain. He can fight while he's still in pain and as a result he broke his limiter.

Resistance to Heat Manipulation - Saitama is shown immune to all types of temperature-based attacks. In fact, he is immune to the effects of temperature in general. When Genos created a huge, spherical blast of flame to kill Mosquito Girl's mosquitoes, Saitama remained standing next to him unperturbed and completely unharmed (although his clothes were destroyed). Saitama was unharmed by the intense heat effects caused by atmospheric re-entry after being kicked to the moon by Boros. He has also been shown to be unaffected by Orochi's fire-based attacks in his ultimate form, which could crumble or even destroy a city, if not multiple. Saitama was also able to withstand the cold attack of the Dragon-level monster Withered Sprout.. This ability can be attributed to Saitama refusing to use either the air conditioner or heater during his training.

Fear Inducement - While he doesn't seem particularly scary, those who know about his abilities show fear of him. Saitama ca emit a "demonic aura", which makes his foes tremble and become pressured , such as Sonic and Genos were left amazed and terrified by his aura. Saitama is able to invoke fear in those he dislikes or who bother him by merely threatening them.

Enormous Willpower - Saitama has been shown to possess incredible willpower. It is most evident in the flashback to his hero training regime. Even if he was in great pain, or could barely move, or vomited blood, he continued his training. Through sheer willpower and effort, he removed his natural Limiter.

High Accuracy - He is also able to turn a rock into a deadly projectile that hits its target, as shown when he killed Geryuganshoop. He had no trouble landing in the same spot on Boros' ship even though Boros' kick sent him to the moon, and the angle to return to Earth was extremely small, leaving very little room for error.

Intelligence upgrade - Saitama is amazingly good at reading people's fears and real motives with just a look, as well as the reason they are how they are. He proves this many times by reading people like Fubuki, Glasses, and Garou. Notably, he is the first to acknowledge the true thoughts and insecurities of the martial artist, as he realizes Garou doesn't actually want to become a monster, but rather a hero. He also quickly finds out about King's lie, but decides to keep it a secret. However, he is usually good at this only when he gets serious.

Mizuki
Acrobatics - She's an athlete nuff said

Weapon Mastery - She uses weapons such as Baton and her medal for fighting. Also shown to be proficient on handling it

Fear Inducement seems more like he's simply scary due to his overwhelming power rather than some sort of supernatural fear power. Hence why people who don't know him (and can't sense his energy) don't get scared of him.

Resistance to Pain Manipulation can probably just be summed up as a high pain tolerance.

The rest seems fine, maybe a note that Mizuki is only proficient with her signature baton.

Kinda. It doesn't mean he resists if someone affects his brain to make him feel nothing but pain. He just doesn't care about IT.

It's a similar case to being brave vs fear manipulation. Although you don't get scared by anything usually, if you're made to feel fear, you have no way to stop that.

I guess it could be an unconventional resistance though.

For the fear inducement, he needs to be in serious mode for that.

For the pain manip, Zoro has resistance to pain manip due to Kuma tho so I thought Saitama should have it also

There's no proof it's anything beyond being scary due to a power difference though, especially since the only people who have been scared of Saitama know about his strength.

@The Calaca I mean it's due to the pain bubble and Zoro resisted it. Saitama underwent through enormous pain as shown in the links and fight the villain under those circumstances then in the same fight, all those pain Saitama felt vanished

Resitance to Pain Manipulation would be resisting being inflicted pain. High pain tollerence is just ignoring it.

Anyhow, the fear manip seems like a definite no for me, the other stuff is alright.

According to the Fear Manipulation page, it is divided into 3 categories:

• Fear Inducement. The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity.
  • Nightmare Manipulation. An application of Dream Manipulation, Nightmare Manipulation is the ability to inflict nightmares on enemies, even being able to manipulate them to make it tailored made for the target.
  • Hallucination Causatio. An application of Perception Manipulation, Hallucination Causation is the ability to force those to witness hallucinations, which has its own set of possible applications. The key difference between this and Illusion Creation is that illusions can be seen by many, while hallucinations can only be seen by a single individual.

So Fear Inducement fits Saitama. It's not that potent tho

Fear Inducement is currently being revised. If accepted, it'd be more like Social Influencing.

Yeah, it's not fear manipulation on Saitama's part, it's just certain people being able to recognise Saitama's power and naturally feeling fear because of that reason.

Well so what will we put in that case? It worked on Carnage Kabuto who have no idea on how strong Saitama in the first place and I doubt normal people could pull that of.

That can be attributed to Carnage Kabuto having some sort of danger sense.

That's because CK has natural instincts. Just like an animal knows not to deal with a predator due to their instincts.

Saitama's profile is locked, but you can add Mizuki's abilities if you want

GyroNutz's evaluation is probably fine. I will unlock the Saitama profile. Tell me here when you are done.

Cropfist said:
Pain tolerance would be basically the same thing as resistance?
Well, look at Deku. Deku still feels the backlash of One for All but tolerances the agonizing pain and pushes forward.

I personally disagree with the Enhanced Senses. In the panel, there are massive "DIG DIG DIG" sound effects all over it and judging from the sheer ferocity of how much the mole is digging, I'd be surprised if the average person has difficulty tracking that guy much less Saitama who can literally out-dig him.

Well Saitama already has good eyesight because he can see Garou in the dark and was able to track him. The OPM wiki stated he has good hearing tho but can't remember which part. I think the hearing comes from the Deep Sea King incident

So should the enhanced senses part be removed then?

Saitama already have enhanced senses (or more likely eyesight) before I made the CRT. This CRT was meant to add more types of his enhanced senses like hearing. So I would disagree removing it

Okay. Then it can probably stay.

Perhaps the enhanced hearing should be removed then?

As for that Antvasima, Akreious' statement is about the Saitama's tracking capabalities which is somehow different to enhanced hearing. The enhanced hearing comes from Saitama being able to pick up on various chatter from bystanders a good distance away during the Deep Sea King incident. So it can stay

Okay then. Should I lock the profile and close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back