• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care about WDM. Why should I be biased about him.
Because your entire argument for him is based off: "I feel he should be stronger"

And those implacations come from Fubuki
Not just Fubuki. Tatsumaki often is the only person she respects (Tho granted this maybe due to other reasons) and the HA see Blast as their strongest asset and final weapon.

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Intercepted God Blast from Psykos without any problems. Darkshine stated that he could easily defeat Half-Monster Garou. Able to react to and counter Evil Natural Water's high-pressure jets), with at least sub-relativistic attack speed
I was reading the OP again, and this is the only thing I really agree with. The AS ap could also be argued.

We're not down scaling people to superior forms based on a completely unconfirmed multiplier.
What? The reason the OP is using this is because of in MHA, someone apparently has the ability to increase strength several times, and it is accepted as at least 3x boost. It's the same thing here. If you are using the unconfirmed multiplier, then MHA would also need to be downgraded as well.

The MHA thing has no contradictions and is the crux of that character's abilities. It's pretty different from one heavily contradicted statement (mind you, I'm saying monsters converted via monster cells are stronger than several) that their power is multiplied several times.

It's the same thing here. If you are using the unconfirmed multiplier, then MHA would also need to be downgraded as well.
Then downgrade MHA. Suggesting that Goketsu's human form is 90 Megatons or the Ninjas are sub-rel is a massive unbacked conclusion. Same with upscaling AS for no reason.

For all we know the monster cell multiplier could be in the hundreds or thousands of times difference. It canonically varies in effectiveness and there's zero consistent boost about it.

It's not just Saitama, it's also Genos. That's my point, they can run way below their full speed without walking.
I get it now. But the reason why I am comparing it to walking/running speed is that
As I said, the Council members are a bunch of unknowns. But, they're still some of the world's greatest swordsmen and have actual feats.
Gouketsu is also one of the famous martial artists. He is considered as first rate by Suiryu. Having a few statements wouldn't change anything.
Because it's literally the point of the series that he's the strongest ever and his strength isn't recognised.
Thag's the point but it doesn't change the fact that there is bunch of people outside HA who are very strong.
Firstly, that's ultra-vague.
Wdym?
Secondly, monsters have different narrative standings than heroes.
So? That wouldn't change the fact that there are strong monsters we don't know about
Why should I have to believe it? There's no proof, and his best feats don't even come slightly close to 90 megatons.
Ok. Then it would simply be Human Gouketsu > WDM. What's so unbelievable about this? Having narrative important doesn't affect someone's power level

Then downgrade MHA. Suggesting that Goketsu's human form is 90 Megatons or the Ninjas are sub-rel is a massive unbacked conclusion. Same with upscaling AS for no reason.
I can see why people would disagree against Ninja Bros and human Gouketsu but upscaling AS isn't without a reason. The calculation about him completely ignores Haragiri being monster

On completely unrelated note, would creating 1 m^3 fireball that reaches to plank temperature for one second be universe level?

I get it now. But the reason why I am comparing it to walking/running speed is that
You forgot to finish.
Gouketsu is also one of the famous martial artists. He is considered as first rate by Suiryu. Having a few statements wouldn't change anything.
Which I already covered, these people he fights are A-Class or lower. Yes it does.
Thag's the point but it doesn't change the fact that there is bunch of people outside HA who are very strong.
What people? We just hear that there's threats we've never met.
It just specifies some form of threat to humanity, not even that (tmk) because you haven't even given the first half of the scan.
So? That wouldn't change the gafact that there are strong monsters we don't know about
It does, especially because we're told that nobody knows about this. They have no narrative portrayal because they effectively don't exist outside one statement.
Ok. Them it would simply be Human Gouketsu > WDM. What's so unbelievable about this? Having narrative important doesn't affect someone's power level
So the Hero Association take absolutely no interest in him, we hear nothing except him being stronger than Suiryu (not even that technically), and you want to base his entire rating on a single off-hand statement from Phoenix Man dozens of chapters later into the series from a redraw?

You're the one who disagrees
Because it's unbacked and contradictory for OPM. Of you think it's the same for MHA then downgrade that as well, but it's not being applied here for a completely unknown and random power boost.

You forgot to finish.
I don't know why it happened. Anyway. I was just saying they said they were being playful. That kind of speed doesn't even come to being playful for Saitama.
Which I already covered, these people he fights are A-Class or lower. Yes it does.
Why people he fight being A-class would affect anything? If you mean something like being famous martial artist isn't that hard, consider that we have no clue about how hard the first championship was. People all over world is pretty vague and there can be many strong guys who are well over A-class. Even Darkshine was competing in tournaments before becoming a hero
What people? We just hear that there's threats we've never met.
The others I counted such as Bomb. And again, power level has nothing to do with someone's narrative importance.
It just specifies some form of threat to humanity, not even that (tmk) because you haven't even given the first half of the scan.
Threat to humanity is either single strong individual , an organization or something like the meteor. The first two cases prove my point about strong beings outside of HA. The last one can happen unnoticed.
So the Hero Association take absolutely no interest in him, we hear nothing except him being stronger than Suiryu (not even that technically), and you want to base his entire rating on a single off-hand statement from Phoenix Man dozens of chapters later into the series from a redraw?
People thought he is dead. Not to mention, what's stopping them from refusing an offer from HA?

Last edited:
Imo, downscaling is not a good idea.
I kind of agree actually. When I first thought about it yesterday I was thinking it is a terrible idea since Phoenix Man most likely meant "at least several times". Not to mention, saying beyond limits actually implies there is another boost(which pushes people to their limits) before multiplying power which would make high end of "several" unusable.

But for some reason I felt like it is a good idea this morning. So I included it anyway

Last edited:
Suiryu views Gouketsu as impressive. I'd say his human self should be likely comparable: Likely Low 7-C (Suiryu viewed him as impressive)
Does it really count as a supportive feat? I mean, I can see things and consider it as impresive, but it does not means that it scales to me, not in the context that the statement was made, but thats my opinion

Btw, it seems like nobody wants to upgrade other characters besides Atomic. But most people aren't against Atomic upgrade. So can we just do it and be done? But before that

> Btw Haragiri's speech implies that his hand moves at that speed when he uses sword. The sword itself should be faster. For example, if the sword has the same length as his arm, the tip of sword would move 2 times faster. But it will give the same result(sub-relativistic) anyway.

Nobody said anything about this. What do you think?

But most people aren't against Atomic upgrade. So can we just do it and be done?
No. Not without a edited calc or some blog detailing the scaling we're using. Becuase currently we're just saying he's sub-rel from a MHS+ calc which doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back