• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man VS Dragon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeenAngel101 said:
I found that Goku Black and Zamasu were really interesting villains. And the fight scenes during this arc were really fun to watch.
Really?

Well, to each his own I guess.

Heck, the entire concept of One-Punch Man is more interesting than Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is about some guys who like to fight and have to protect the Earth, OPM is about a hero who became too powerful in comparison to the opponents he has to face. It may be an apples and oranges comparison, but OPM is much more creative and interesting.

Ok, it's just kind of off topic when we're supposed to be wanking one character or the other.

Actually, Dragon Ball started out as a little boy who likes martial arts getting mystical artifacts so he can have a wish granted.

Then it suddenly turned into a generic fight series with planet-busters. Oh, and the demons and stuff from the original? No, they're aliens now.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who realized that DBZ is a piece of trash series. It is by far the most overrated anime of all time. Everyone treats it like its some godly absolutely perfect masterpiece, but in reality, DBZ is average at best. People are just so blinded by nostalgia since they watched the damn show as a kid or whatever. I wasn't born when the show was airing so I'm not affected by this nostaliga trash. That's why I can see that DBZ is garbage. Vs battles wiki is truly great. The only site in the ENTIRE internet that admits that DBZ is trash. And that Goku isn't the strongest.

@Skytheblue

What are your thoughts on the original Dragon Ball however? It seems to have a much different theme overall than that of DBZ.

Skytheblue said:
That's why I can see that DBZ is garbage.
That would be believable of you if you didn't have a picture of dbz characters on your profile. Seriously, you're not even trying to be a good troll.

Tbh, I can excuse Dragon Ball Z from those flaws, for the time, it was likely really good anime, mostly because those anime cliches weren't as common back then, it wasn't the anime's fault, it just didn't age well, that happens sometimes, authors can't see into the future to know that in 20 years from now it will become generic as ****. Dragon Ball Super on the other hand...

Theglassman12 said:
That would be believable of you if you didn't have a picture of dbz characters on your profile. Seriously, you're not even trying to be a good troll.
Why would I troll about this. I actually hate dbz.

The only reason why I chose this as my profile picture was because I thought it looked cool, not because I like the series. And I was too lazy to change it later on. Just because I have dbz as a profile pic doesn't mean I'm a fan of the series.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
@Skytheblue
What are your thoughts on the original Dragon Ball however? It seems to have a much different theme overall than that of DBZ.
it's nothing special. Some people say "dbz was bad, but the original dragon ball was a masterpiece".

**** no, it's not a masterpiece. the original DB wasn't as lame or cliche as dbz, but it was still pretty boring and average at best. so many people treat it like its this untouchable masterpiece, but its just "meh, whatever". what the **** is the plot of the series anyways? goku fights a villain than goes to a tournament, trains every now and then gets stronger. boring as hell. no suspense either since the dragon balls can revive anyone who dies anyways.

both DB and dbz are boring and nothing special. just because a show is old doesnt mean its good.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Tbh, I can excuse Dragon Ball Z from those flaws, for the time, it was likely really good anime, mostly because those anime cliches weren't as common back then, it wasn't the anime's fault, it just didn't age well, that happens sometimes, authors can't see into the future to know that in 20 years from now it will become generic as ****. Dragon Ball Super on the other hand...
I honestly, enjoy Super more than Z.

It bothers me

That the most popular anime

Is one about a guy who takes 12 episodes to power up

And sounds constipated while doing so.

But that's just me. I won't hate you if you happen to like dragon ball.

Okay

I might have exaggerated

But I still find the fight scenes tedious

And overall the anime overrated

I mean

The fact Zeno lost to simon prevents me from being biased against it in debates

But I still dislike it personally

Skytheblue said:
Super Saiyan God Julian said:
@Skytheblue
it's nothing special. Some people say "dbz was bad, but the original dragon ball was a masterpiece".
**** no, it's not a masterpiece. the original DB wasn't as lame or cliche as dbz, but it was still pretty boring and average at best. so many people treat it like its this untouchable masterpiece, but its just "meh, whatever". what the **** is the plot of the series anyways? goku fights a villain than goes to a tournament, trains every now and then gets stronger. boring as hell. no suspense either since the dragon balls can revive anyone who dies anyways.

both DB and dbz are boring and nothing special. just because a show is old doesnt mean its good.
Don't say any vulgar language since that can lead to a block according to the site rules.

Skytheblue said:
Theglassman12 said:
Why would I troll about this. I actually hate dbz.
The only reason why I chose this as my profile picture was because I thought it looked cool, not because I like the series. And I was too lazy to change it later on. Just because I have dbz as a profile pic doesn't mean I'm a fan of the series.
Changing a profile pic isn't rocket science It takes a minute tops to change a profile pic.

@Theglassman12 Please stop quoting large posts, it makes the thread lag, and stop with that condescending attitude, please.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I haven't found the OPM fandom that annoying
I mean I found out about the anime through this wiki
Good for you, you never heard about the tales of Limitless Saitama on a daily basis literally everywhere like I had to.

Darkanine said:
@Theglassman12 Please stop quoting large posts, it makes the thread lag, and stop with that condescending attitude, please.
What condescending attitude? The first rule in the site rules section is that you should restrict from using vulgar language.

Good for you, you never heard about the tales of Limitless Saitama on a daily basis literally everywhere like I had to.

I mean I've met annoying OPM fans

But about 1 for every 50 annoying dragon ball fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back