• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Flashy Flash should scale, though he would downscale for being slower.

PS wasn't able to avoid all of FF's attacks. And even need a special technique to stop his Flashy Fist. Flashy current speed is 0.55c (Likely higher I know), with PS's speed being 7.93c. I doubt PS was moving 14X slower than his max speed. Yes he did get faster, so he was holding back, but holding back like that is too much for me.

He should at least be baseline FTL for being able to land hits on PS.

And Boros' possibly FTL rating comes from Saitama. So he scales regardless of what anyone here thinks. Unless yall create a thread to untie both of them.
There's no reason to not scale him, actually. Untie him and Saitama then we can discuss that. Currently, he does scale to that, indirectly.

Flashy would get a possibly FTL rating and not FTL+ like Platinum Sperm or Garou, since he is indeed slower than them, but not to the point of being blitzed, and PS even had to use a special defense technique to deflect Flashy's attacks.

As for Boros... from what I read the statement that implies he would be comparable to Awakened Garou was referring to the manga and not the webcomic, but it's from a several years ago.

There's no reason to not scale him, actually. Untie him and Saitama then we can discuss that. Currently, he does scale to that, indirectly.
If we're relying on "Saitama was seemingly impressed by Boros' speed" in order justify Boros possibly scaling to this calc, then I think that would be dubious as well. Saitama's look of seemingy surprise doesn't even necessarily indicate that Boros is on his level, it could even just be surprise that Boros got much faster than he was before.

I think we should remove Boros' "possibly FTL" rating.

I need the opinion of another member of the calculation team, but wouldn't it be better to use another crack for scaling?

I explained the logic in a previous thread.
The crack is 2 pixels in the first constellation image, while the crater is 57 pixels (or 54, I'm not sure).
In this picture, the image is zoomed in, but we again took the smallest crack of 2 pixels, while we have a crater of 320 pixels.

If USk so wants to go from a crack, isn't it better to use a larger one?

The second constellation ( made by two guys ) was denser/larger than the first one (made by 3 guys , so FF is at best 1,5× times slower than this feat, he can be far slower but that is the minimun, this is why i think flash should at best downscale to baseline FTL (1.1c)

I need the opinion of another member of the calculation team, but wouldn't it be better to use another crack for scaling?

I explained the logic in a previous thread.
The crack is 2 pixels in the first constellation image, while the crater is 57 pixels (or 54, I'm not sure).
In this picture, the image is zoomed in, but we again took the smallest crack of 2 pixels, while we have a crater of 320 pixels.

If USk so wants to go from a crack, isn't it better to use a larger one?
I do think it's a bit odd for the calc to rely on two different cracks seemingly, which aren't guaranteed to have a constant width.

If we're relying on "Saitama was seemingly impressed by Boros' speed" in order justify Boros possibly scaling to this calc, then I think that would be dubious as well. Saitama's look of seemingy surprise doesn't even necessarily indicate that Boros is on his level, it could even just be surprise that Boros got much faster than he was before.

Also scaling anyone to Saitama in general is kinda gross ngl

Sure. But not here, please. OPM threads tends to stretch themselves with pointless discussions or discussions that have nothing to do with the OP. I'm just respecting the profile and the scaling.

I do think it's a bit odd for the calc to rely on two different cracks seemingly, which aren't guaranteed to have a constant width.
It confuses me that the crack has a value of 2 pixels in both pictures. But at 1 it can be distinguished against the background of the crater, and at 2 it is elusive to the eye.
Therefore, I think it's worth using a larger crack in pixels and taking the same value.

I dont think we should discredit old statements tbh. One and murata has symbolism for thing that go back even during the Boros fight.

Also change the "this" for ".. much slower than against Garou". I think it's better than not explaning the feat.

One said Boros > Regular Garou and this Garou hasn't even awakened yet. Unless this Garou is somehow awakened Garou.

I think it's better to use the value of this crack, since it at least has some size against the background of the crater, as it did in another picture
0ADRbRIFSGw.jpg

pcrJZhhCkVc.jpg

I think ignoring the WoG, for now, is for the best. I can't stress enough that many changes are happening to differentiate the manga from the webcomic and so many changes to what Murata and ONE had initially planned since the WoG statements came out.

Keep in mind the most recent WoG statement that Garou and Boros are comparable is when Do-S was still in the making and before the tournament arc iirc. Back when the manga and webcomic were 1:1 besides adding a new small arc.

Hell, we might not even have Saitama vs Garou in the manga.

@NikHelton That crack is bigger than the others and not even uniform, why not just use Tatsumaki's crater?

I think it's better to use the value of this crack, since it at least has some size against the background of the crater, as it did in another picture
0ADRbRIFSGw.jpg

pcrJZhhCkVc.jpg
As I mentioned, the two cracks I got are pointed towards the other crater, the one you marked is from a totally different one.

Agree with Saitama, Garou, and PS scaling

Flashy Flash doesn't scale, both of them increased their speeds drastically after fighting him and went on to create a massively more dense structure than there one with FF.

We are a few chapters away from the Garou fight, there's no reason to not wait a bit to see how things will go in terms of statements or implications

@NikHelton That crack is bigger than the others and not even uniform, why not just use Tatsumaki's crater?
This is the most plausible option, but the author of the calculation believes that due to the distance between the crater and the constellation, the results are underestimated.

"Saitama and Garou don't fight in the manga"
Garou: FTL
My dissapointment: Immeasurable

But just to make sure i don't derail i believe only Saitama Garou and PS should scale to the calc. Orochi/Tatsumaki and Psykorochi have nothing to do with current Garou and Boros would require too many assumptions.

Flashy Flash doesn't scale, both of them increased their speeds drastically after fighting him and went on to create a massively more dense structure than there one with FF.
Saying their increase in speed was "drastic" is just a headcanon, Flashy being able to land hits on PS and forcing the latter to use a defense technique to reflect is not.

The translation just says they traced a "denser" structure, which doesn't mean at all they traveled a longer distance.

Also, between the two lights constructs there is time and there is fight, both give the opponents the chance to go faster than the 1st light construct shot

Flash after the first construct and after his speed being surpassed, starts to use the Flashy attacks and the Flowing Shadow Feet, meaning he is going faster than when he did the 1st light stuff. That leaves us with only one statement about their speed difference, the "sped up even more", which, alongside the other implications about his top speed, shouldn't be enough to throw away his downscaling

Saying their increase in speed was "drastic" is just a headcanon, Flashy being able to land hits on PS and forcing the latter to use a defense technique to reflect is not.

The translation just says they traced a "denser" structure, which doesn't mean at all they traveled a longer distance.
How is it headcanon it says they sped up even more.

You can even see them becoming progressive faster on the panels before the big structure is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back