• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Minor Monster Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of this thread is to propose some additions to the profiles of monsters, mostly just adding an ability or two to some characters.

First I will cover the ability additions.

I would like to add to G5: Body Control and Enhanced Senses, specifically Telescopic Vision.
Shown in the following links, G5 is capable of extending the length of its arms, and slashing in a 360 without turning around.
I believe that because it can control the length of its arms and move them in unconventional ways, it should get Body Control.
It was brought up to me before that the 360 slash could potentially be interpreted as a feature of the sword, rather than something to do with G5's arm. That is something to discuss regarding this.
G5 should get Telescopic Vision from it seeing Food Battler Futoshi and Waganma escaping from a long distance down the street, where it is explicitly said that G5 is using Telescopic Vision.

I would like to add to G4: Enhanced Senses, being X-Ray or Thermographic Vision (Up for discussion, I can't tell which since it's black and white) And Resistance to Fire and/or Heat with true form.
Shown in the following link, G4 is capable of using some kind of Enhanced Vision in order to see Genos through part of a stairwell.
I believe that because it can look through part of a building in order to see Genos, and it sees him in x-ray or thermal vision, it should get Enhanced Vision, whichever kind it is.
I would also like to propose that G4 gets Resistance to Fire and/or Heat with its true form, because it survived Genos' incineration cannon without any issue.

I would like to add to Electric Catfish Man: Underground Mobility.
Shown in the following link, Electric Catfish Man tunnels underground to attack Lightning Genji.
I believe that because he is capable of tunneling through the ground at high speed to attack, he should get Underground Mobility.

I would like to add to Showerhead: Water Manipulation.
Shown in the following link, Showerhead sprays scalding hot water and jet streams from his head.
I believe that because of his ability to control water he should have Water Manipulation.
How did he not already have this, he's literally a shower head lmao

I would like to add to Pureblood: Surface Scaling.
Shown in the following link, Pureblood is capable of standing on the ceiling unimpeded by gravity.
I believe that because he can do this, he should get Surface Scaling.
I would also like to propose that Pureblood gets Afterimage Creation. Shown in the following link, Pureblood is possibly using afterimages against Zombieman.
I think the first image is pretty clear, the second is up for interpretation though. I believe that because of these it's possible that Pureblood could be given Afterimage Creation.

I would like to add to Elder Centipede: Acid Manipulation and Underground Mobility.
Shown in the following links, Elder Centipede has powerful digestive acid that he can use to melt opponents inside of his body, and travels by tunneling beneath the ground.
I believe that because Elder Centipede has this powerful acid it should get Acid Manipulation, and because of its ability to travel underground it should get Underground Mobility.

I would like to add to Homeless Emperor: Stealth Mastery.
Shown in the following link, Homeless Emperor is capable of catching heroes off guard with sneak attacks.
I believe that because he is capable of sneaking up on the heroes like this, he should have Stealth Mastery.

I would like to point out the possibility for Carnage Kabuto: Enhanced Senses, specifically Enhanced Vision.
Shown in the following link, Carnage Kabuto has Enhanced Dynamic Vision, according to the databook.
I'm not sure if the databook's information is considered usable on this site, if it is then Carnage Kabuto could possibly get Enhanced Senses for that.

Next, I would like to cover a few minor changes to monster profiles that I would like to propose.

I would like to propose that Rhino Wrestler's rating be edited. The current 9-A/8-A rating is fine and shouldn't be changed but I'd like to propose adding "Higher with horn" to his preexisting rating, effecting both his AP and Durability.
This is because Rhino Wrestler is capable of using his horn to deal more damage than his strikes, and because he primarily uses his horn to defend, even using his horn to defend against Iaian with no visible damage, even though Iaian was deliberately trying to cut the horn off. Iaian is arguably weaker than Rhino Wrestler, but not by far, he was able to stop his charge, and Rhino rated Iaian's attack a 69, which was enough to surprise him, and since he's rating out of 100 points, a 69 is probably high enough to mean it hurt him somewhat.
So I'm clear, I don't mean that Rhino Wrestler is 8-C/7-C with his horn, or anything like that. Just a stronger 9-A/8-A.

I would like to propose that Jumping Spider's "Unknown" Lifting Strength be changed to "Unknown, Possibly Class 5 with webs".
This is because Jumping Spider is capable of stopping Great Philosopher's attack 3 Tons Philosophy with its webs. Great Philosopher has LS of "Unknown, Possibly Class 5" because of the name of the move potentially meaning the book weighs that much. For Jumping Spider it is supported by Saitama not breaking through the webs when he killed it (Also shown in the previous link).

Finally, I would like to propose that Eyesight gets her staff added to her equipment.
Pretty straightforward there.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Yeah. I agree with most of them. But about adding Afterimage Creation for Pureblood, as you already said, to me it seems that's just him blitzing Zombieman. So I am inclined to disagree with him having AC.

I agree with everything, but AC (since mangas and comics often use that effect to show movements) and G5 performing a 360 slash as body control, since that could just be a technique or something else, we just don't know and there aren't enough evidences of it controlling its body to perform it.

What others have accepted, not sure about Elder Centipede getting Acid Manipulation since those are its digestive acids, it'd be similar to giving humans acid manipulation too. While we do give Acid Manipulation to Pig God, he can actually control the intensity of the acid in his body (hence he "manipulates" it).

What others have accepted, not sure about Elder Centipede getting Acid Manipulation since those are its digestive acids, it'd be similar to giving humans acid manipulation too. While we do give Acid Manipulation to Pig God, he can actually control the intensity of the acid in his body (hence he "manipulates" it).
I completely understand where you're coming from, although the reason I thought EC could be given Acid Manip isn't due to Pig God having it, but rather, because Gums has it.

Gums hasn't ever shown control over the intensity of his acid, or ever projected it or anything like that, to my memory. He just has extremely strong digestive acid, like Elder Centipede does, but he still has Acid Manipulation, so I thought it reasonable to give it to EC too.

I think Elder Centipede did specifically say he was trying to melt Genos.
Yes the scan is in the OP. That doesn't prove he was emitting the digestive acid on command, just that he's aware of how acidic his digestive fluids are. It's also worth mentioning that, unlike Gums and Pig God, it's not in Elder Centipede's standard tactics to melt his opponents using digestive acid.

That being said, I guess it can be listed, so long as it's explained well.

Just remove the word Manipulation if that's the problem.

EC having strong digestive acid is worthy to be listed even if he doesn't have active command over it.

Yes the scan is in the OP. That doesn't prove he was emitting the digestive acid on command, just that he's aware of how acidic his digestive fluids are. It's also worth mentioning that, unlike Gums and Pig God, it's not in Elder Centipede's standard tactics to melt his opponents using digestive acid.
I agree with you, however I think it is something that Elder Centipede could opt to do given the right circumstances.
In the following link, while it's definitely up for interpretation, I believe it looks like EC was aiming for Genos to fall into his mouth, likely so he could finish him off with that acid.
That being said, I guess it can be listed, so long as it's explained well.
I'll do my best to make sure that it is.

Edit: I forgot to link the images when I first posted, lmao.

G5 performing a 360 slash as body control, since that could just be a technique or something else, we just don't know and there aren't enough evidences of it controlling its body to perform it.
So, do you believe that G5 should not have body control at all? Or just that the 360 slash isn't solid evidence to be considered? There is still the other panel of it extending the length of its arm to work with. (Linked in OP)

So, do you believe that G5 should not have body control at all? Or just that the 360 slash isn't solid evidence to be considered? There is still the other panel of it extending the length of its arm to work with. (Linked in OP)
The latter option, extending the arm is fine.

Bruh, why are there ao many one punch man content revision threads? There's 5 active ones right now.
🤷‍♂️
I don't think mine is nearly as important as the other ones lol, I'm trying to focus more on minor characters mostly.
Although I'm hoping to make another one similar to this, but for heroes/other humans, once this is finished up.

So, turns out I formatted things incorrectly when I added the stuff and I didn't link this thread, so most of the changes were reverted.
I'll apologize here for making that mistake. I didn't really bother looking into guidelines or anything on what to do so that's my fault 100%.

I was told to ask someone else in the thread to apply the edits now, so, if anyone could please do that, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance.

The profiles which need the changes applied again are: G5, G4, Electric Catfish Man, Showerhead, Pureblood, Elder Centipede, Carnage Kabuto, Jumping Spider and Eyesight.
Links to their profiles, the ability pages, and images which show/explain the abilities, are all in the original post of this thread.

Sorry again for my mistake, and thanks a ton to whoever decides to deal with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back