• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Do-S (and others) Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Really, this is more like, half-upgrade and half-improving page quality.
Summary of the changes:
  • Do-S gets upgraded to At most 7-B and Massively Hypersonic+
    Base Fubuki scales to Do-S
  • Post-Training Sonic scales above Fubuki
  • Post-G4 Genos becomes its own key and scales to/above Sonic
  • Several characters, including Awakened Cockroach and Human Garou scale to Genos.
  • Everyone here gets reworked justifications with scans and references.

Will the new upgrade for Do-S also mean she can hurt/inflict pain on Garou and he gets mind manip resistance?
Agree

I don't see any damage to their armour, and there's none visible at later points.

SM doesn't say she could damage the disciples, just that she could cause pain.

As for the other stuff, Sweet Mask could crush her skull with ease, so it more seems like his eye is a weak point, and restraining RR isn't particularly impressive when he doesn't seem to be giving any resistance.

I think she should still have an at most, just with modified justifications.

Other than that, this is fine.

I don't see any damage to their armour, and there's none visible at later points.
She damaged the white part of their armor, and it visibly crumbles off of them after she whips them.
SM doesn't say she could damage the disciples, just that she could cause pain.
Which means her AP would have to be somewhat comparable to their durability, yes.
As for the other stuff, Sweet Mask could crush her skull with ease, so it more seems like his eye is a weak point,
How do you get his eye being a weak point from him crushing her skull? Those seem extremely unrelated.

The eye being a weakpoint in Sweetmask's case is debatable, seeing as instead of behaving like a regular human face and eye would it just cracks along with a portion of his face, as if his body was made from some hardened material

I think that wasn't the point. Amai Mask is shown to be quite stronger than she is, casually crushing her skull one handed, which means she being able to harm him a bit odd

I think it was thanks to the attack being piercing damage, which usually tends to bypass Durability to some degree

She damaged the white part of their armor, and it visibly crumbles off of them after she whips them.
The white part clearly isn't part of the black armour (which doesn't splinter like that when struck by the swordsmen), and it's shown cracking off/splintering on parts where Do-S didn't even whip them, suggesting that even bulking up damages it.

She was also still whipping the black parts, and they remained undamaged. So the white bits must be less durable.

IIRC, we even had a thread on this in the past.
Which means her AP would have to be somewhat comparable to their durability, yes.
Somewhat, which is why I agreed to at most. I'm just saying modify damage to cause pain in the justification.
How do you get his eye being a weak point from him crushing her skull? Those seem extremely unrelated.
Because he's way, way above her in terms of strength to the point where he could crush her skull, and his dura/ap are shown to be at least somewhat comparable.
I think that wasn't the point. Amai Mask is shown to be quite stronger than she is, casually crushing her skull one handed, which means she being able to harm him a bit odd

I think it was thanks to the attack being piercing damage, which usually tends to bypass Durability to some degree
That's another part of what I meant, yes.

Last edited:
The white part clearly isn't part of the black armour (which doesn't splinter like that when struck by the swordsmen), and it's shown cracking off on parts where Do-S didn't even whip them.
Yes, I know it’s not part of the black armor. It should logically be comparable though, it’d be pretty pointless armor otherwise. Also you can’t even see everywhere she whipped them, so how are you making the claim that it’s breaking where she didn’t whip them?
Somewhat. I'm just saying modify damage to cause pain in the justification.
Done.
Because he's way, way above her in terms of strength to the point where he could crush her skull, and his dura/ap are shown to be at least somewhat comparable.
And she’s not being scaled as comparable to Amai, so what exactly is the problem here? Plus Amai’s AP is actually scaled somewhat above his durability.

Yes, I know it’s not part of the black armor. It should logically be comparable though, it’d be pretty pointless armor otherwise.
Unless it's not armour (at least not conventional armour, it could even be ablative) and simply a sort of cast that often comes with machines. There's no statement that it's intended for added protection.

Also, she was still whipping them after the white armour cracked off, and the black armour was undamaged by those same strikes. It literally has to be less durable, and there's no two ways about it.
Also you can’t even see everywhere she whipped them, so how are you making the claim that it’s breaking where she didn’t whip them?
Look at the shockwaves on their thighs and shit. You can see exactly where she whipped them.
And she’s not being scaled as comparable to Amai, so what exactly is the problem here?
The problem is that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but sure then. It doesn't really matter if they're not directly scaled, anyway.
Plus Amai’s AP is actually scaled somewhat above his durability.
Not massively, just a bit.

Maybe we can just add to her a "higher" with that attack ? When someone uses a rather specific attack and said attack is able to harm someone stronger than you, we usually use that

Unless it's not armour (at least not conventional armour) and simply a sort of cast that often comes with machines.

Also, she was still whipping them after the white armour cracked off, and the black armour was undamaged by those same strikes. It literally has to be less durable, and there's no two ways about it.
No, she wasn’t… there’s literally no indication that she continued whipping after the armor broke, and in the page after it broke, she’s just standing there.
Look at the shockwaves on their thighs and shit. You can see exactly where she whipped them.
Pretty sure that’s their muscles bulging because the suits are going full power (after all, Gyoro Gyoro did tell Do-S to make them use the full potential of the suits), not an effect from her whipping them.

No, she wasn’t… there’s literally no indication that she continued whipping after the armor broke, and in the page after it broke, she’s just standing there.
Ok, then, but some of the black, shiny parts of the armour underneath the white are still exposed. And they weren't damaged at all despite being right next to many of the white parts (therefore logically struck by something as large as a whip).
Pretty sure that’s their muscles bulging because the suits are going full power (after all, Gyoro Gyoro did tell Do-S to make them use the full potential of the suits)
Which was my previous point as well; even bulking up causes the larger rubble on the arms to splinter into visibly much smaller fragments.
not an effect from her whipping them.
That seems fair, but you still have absolutely no proof that these white parts were really even protective in the first place.

So there's still no proof that she could damage the parts of the armour that were actually shown going into combat.

Yeah… because she had caused damage to it before they bulked up…
Ok, then, but some of the black, shiny parts of the armour underneath the white are still exposed. And they weren't damaged at all.
Most of the black armor is covered by the white armor, but whatever, I’ll remove that part of the justification.

Yeah… because she had caused damage to it before they bulked up…
I'm saying that you can see the fragments she created splinter into even smaller fragments.
Most of the black armor is covered by the white armor,
And a lot of it isn't, like the neck, thighs and women's breast plates, which are right next to where the white armour is cracking.
but whatever, I’ll remove that part of the justification.
Ok, then.

Since everyone seems to be in agreement now, I’ll apply this.

I'm not really sure if Do-S would have tagged Bushidrill considering he reacted to her attack and moved to block it and also Amai really despises the disciples, like he implies they should kill themselves so he is very likely to just be downplaying their abilities when they were facing Do-S.

Since all the changes have been applied, I’ll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back