• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Disaster Ratings

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator

Premise​

Just to get this out of the way, the Heroes are fine. We've already discussed them based on context in the past.

Currently, areas such as speed and lifting strength are scaled to other characters. For example, Dragon levels scale above Deep Sea King because he's a Demon level. However, Disaster ratings are only stated to be based on factors like aggression, destructive power and difficulty of extermination. And even these categories can be flexible.

As an example of this concept, the Mosquito swarm in early OPM was listed as a Demon level threat. The energy produced by a Mosquito in flight is 1 TeV and they only move at an average of 2 km/h. Clearly, their Disaster level comes from the fact that they drain blood in large enough quantities to threaten an entire city and sheer volume, not their speed or ability to lift.

Better yet, Homeless Emperor is just a human with energy orbs more powerful than Darkshine. Obviously he doesn't get his Dragon level rating from his extreme durability and running speed. ENW doesn't even really have the ability to lift in the conventional sense.

Changes​

What we should do is base it off context.

Characters like Carnage Kabuto, Gouketsu, Fuhrer Ugly Gums, Phoenix Man (he can stop attacks from Brave Giant), etc are grapplers in some form, being able to directly engage, overwhelm or even tear apart opponents like TTM and Genos who have bodies that logically would need to withstand Class G forces to perform their feats. Obviously they scale in terms of speed and lifting strength. And I think Melz being able to move his hammer with enough force to obliterate Sky King gives him reason enough.

Now, Beefcake is massive and has his Disaster level due to his sheer power, so scaling his lifting strength to DSK seems reasonable, but why in the name of everything that's holy should he scale in terms of speed?

The Ninjas, Nyan and Vaccine Man also have no business being Class M.

Everyone I listed in the OP is specifically who I can think of right now.

I think Melzalgald should get downgraded in speed. He's consistently shown to be very slow, and almost every character he's fought has blitzed him. Probably upscale from Sky King and that's it. High Hypersonic for him

Also what about Groribas and Melzalgald? Should they be Unknown? With the latter being Unknown, possibly 6-C?

Armored Boros would become High Hypersonic and At least High 7-C, possibly 6-C

Given that they're Boros' top combatants and portrayed as being pretty integral in combat, I think their speed and power can stay. Maybe just Gror's lifting strength can go.

Given that they're Boros' top combatants and portrayed as being pretty integral in combat, I think their speed and power can stay. Maybe just Gror's lifting strength can go.
Maybe Groribas. But why Melzalgald? Maybe I can see AP. But we're constantly shown that Melzalgald is slow, where even demon level characters can keep up with him.

I should have quoted the specific point.

I was saying Gror can keep his AP and scale to your suggestion about Melz's speed.

I have to agree here. Characters like Nyan, Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame should not scale above Demon-level threats in every single category such as lifting strength.

I should have quoted the specific point.

I was saying Gror can keep his AP and scale to your suggestion about Melz's speed.
Also, why would Groribas being strong means he keeps his AP? Like he could be a dragon level threat because of his acid breath. And Geryu could just be more a had thing than a power thing.

Also if beefcake is a dragon level threat because of his sheer size. Then he should Supersonic+ and Low 7-C via this calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:USklaverei/One_Punch_Man_-_Beefcake

I think all the Cadres can keep their ratings except the LS stuff like stated earlier. Gyoro seems to judge most the Cadres via speed and power. Which means Gyoro sees the Cadres as stronger than the likes of RR and BG

Acid Breath alone? Also, it's made clear by his fighting style that he mostly focuses on physical attacks.

I disagree with him being Low 7-C. He's a Dragon because of the destruction he can cause.

What not about it? He's a top combatant, and he has more physical moves than just defaulting to his acid breath.

Him swiping his arm also created a shockwave that obliterated a city.

So this calculation doesn't fly in the first place.

I still think he should scale above that. Just the damages caused by his size and the one shockwave got him classified as Demon level, and it would have been Dragon level if he wasn't killed.

It's pretty obvious the strength he's gotten from his size exceeds Demon levels.

Yes, I agree characters who's threat levels comes from Environmental destruction/plagues as opposed to raw power, regeneration and reproduction as opposed to durability, and some weapons of some sort as opposed to their physicals need to be downgraded or revised. And this looks like a step in the right direction, so I agree.

I still think he should scale above that. Just the damages caused by his size and the one shockwave got him classified as Demon level, and it would have been Dragon level if he wasn't killed.

It's pretty obvious the strength he's gotten from his size exceeds Demon levels.
I mean, he is already dragon level is he not? And would he scale to?

Seems fine. He intercepted Genos, and moved fast enough that Bang and Bomb couldn't get out of the way after noticing him.

And about Beefcake's speed. Do we have anything to scale him from? Like I suppose he could be Subsonic via sheer size. Is him jumping onto Saitama a quantifiable speed feat? As well as his ora ora feat?

He's fast enough to move from city to city quickly.

Do we have a distance for the cities?

Also the calc I linked earlier has him at Supersonic+ via sheer size, while I know the KE thing probably doesn't work. Would the speed thing do?

I don't know. I think it's less than 50 km, though, since Mosquito Girl pulls her mosquitos from other cities.

I think so.

What our staff have accepted above can probably be applied.

Melzalgald: I'm pretty sure being able to lop off Iaian's arm and causing the heroes to somewhat struggle to repel his blows is reasonable justification for lifting strength, but his speed should only scale to Metal Bat, Iaian (who barely avoided his attack) and PPP.

Beefcake: At 270 metres, he should be at least capable of lifting 1276 tonnes via the square-cube law. As for speed, Subsonic seems reasonable when he pulls of manoeuvres like this.

Carnage: Nothing much, just remove 'As a Dragon level threat, he should be far superior to Royal Ripper and Bug God' from his speed.

Vaccine Man: Same as above.

Bakuzan: Same as above. We should also do something about Suiryu's speed.

Groribas: Should just scale to Melz.

Rover: Just scale his LS to Garou.

ENW: He can't move fast. Just scale his blasts to Iaian, who had difficulty reacting to them, and downgrade Child Emperor.

Nyan: Just Lifting Strength.

Fuhrer Ugly: Speed, but he scales to TTM and Gums anyway. Sweet Mask scales to Iaian but is at least MHS, so he should get a downgrade.

Gums: Just remove that one line in speed.

Phoenix Man: Place his first form's speed and lifting strength as Unknown (he should still have enough justification to put him above in-training Saitama, though), and just remove a couple lines from his other forms.

Demonic Fan: Just scale its attack speed to Fubuki. It's not shown moving.

Jumping Spider: Just need to remove a bit of the speed justification.

Gale Wind/Hellfire Flame: Their lifting strength can just be 'somewhat comparable to Flash Flash'.

Pureblood: Zombieman can just get downgraded, and Pureblood scales.

Royal Ripper: Unknown LS.

170,000 Year Magicicada Nymph: LS is fine (it's probably much higher), just remove the small justification.

Messenger of the Seafolk: It's larger than its brethren, but it's also a Wolf level threat.

Do I even need to go through the remaining monsters, especially these three? Also, Sludge Jellyfish is one of those characters that probably should go on the delete pile.

The rest are fine scaling to A/B-Class criminals, especially since most of them have Class 5 feats (like barrelling through concrete).

Last edited:
That is probably fine, but what do the rest of you think?

Back