• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man 4-B upgrade

Currently Awakened Garou's High 4-C rating comes from scaling to an average Gamma-Ray Burst. However, we know that Garou can copy up to 4-A at the bare minimum and since he knows the behavior of all energies in the universe, we can confidently scale him to the strongest GRB. Even stronger one has been recorded recently.

Supporting evidence:

During the first half of his fight against Awakened Garou, it is directly stated by Saitama himself that he is scratched. Initially, many people (including me) thought that he was talking about his clothes as there was no way Saitama could be harmed but that's a huge stretch as we already know that Garou can match Saitama's full strength. In the same panel, Saitama talks about how he told Tareo that he won't get hurt which is further proof that he is hurt physically. Besides that, Saitama already complained about his clothes earlier in the fight so it would be odd that he is talking about it again.

Garou can also overload Blast's smaller portals which should downscale from his full capacity.

Removal of 5-A:

It is worth noting that Monster Association CRT was made over time and everything was being added as the chapters were released. And when Garou first displayed his Gamma Ray Burst, there were two main factors that kept him away from solid High 4-C: NLF fallacy and GRB's size. The former was probably also the reason why he is rated as High 4-C instead of 4-B. However we already know that he can copy higher values so there is absolutely no reason to why he can't copy an actual GRB.

The latter reason doesn't make a lot of sense as the size of an attack rarely has anything to do with actual AP in fiction and it is likely to be an artistic choice as real Gamma Ray Bursts would be too big (about 60000 km at the source) and would directly hit the Earth.

All of the aforementioned reasons alongside the supporting evidence makes me think that we should remove 5-A rating from profiles.

Proposed rating - "At least 4-B, likely far higher". The only one who scales to this other than Garou is Blast.

As the person who argued tooth and nail that the Earth GRB wasn't on par with a real one, I fully agree with your point that he could just copy a real one anyway, especially since he'd probably want the Earth in solid form to copy Saitama's full power (his true goal all along).

this proves that attacks weaker than serious punch can scratch him
absolutely based
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzQzNTYxMDExNDAlMkY5MTcyNTY2NDYwOTMzMzI2MDElMkZwXzEucG5n

As the person who argued tooth and nail that the Earth GRB wasn't on par with a real one, I fully agree with your point that he could just copy a real one anyway, especially since he'd probably want the Earth in solid form to copy Saitama's full power (his true goal all along).
I'm fine with a change to "High 4-C, likely 4-B".

You can say he should be able to replicate it, but it would be an exploration rather than anything concrete.
this proves that attacks weaker than serious punch can scratch him
absolutely based
That text is retconned and Boros has nothing to do with this. So stop bringing it up.

Curious as to why we would do this?
"High 4-C (Replicated a GRB which is at least this strong), likely 4-B (With his knowledge of universal energy flow he should be able to replicate even this most powerful of GRBs whoch are this strong)".

Or something along those lines.

"High 4-C (Replicated a GRB which is at least this strong), likely 4-B (With his knowledge of universal energy flow he should be able to replicate even this most powerful of GRBs whoch are this strong)".

Or something along those lines.
Why do they need to be separate?

Why do they need to be separate?
Because the 4-B stuff is an assumption that he should be able to replicate it, rather a direct statement that he can replicate it or a statement that he can replicate it. Which fits into likely in my view
Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favourable. This term should be used sparingly.

Because the 4-B stuff is an assumption that he should be able to replicate it, rather a direct statement that he can replicate it or a statement that he can replicate it. Which fits into likely in my view
While this is fair, is Garou's High 4-C rating not a assumption as well?

Having two likely/possibly ratings for the same ability doesn't make too much sense. We want to make things as concise as possible while still conveying accurate information.

Last edited:
Garou's High 4-C rating not a assumption as well?
No, because after saying he can replicate a Gamma Ray Burst the narration confirms this and shows us one in outer space. It's not much if an assumption as much as contradicting the art for the feat so it was made secondary.

Though if your point was that both are assumptions then we could always just keep the 5-A and change High 4-C to 4-B since it'll cover both ends.

No, because after saying he can replicate a Gamma Ray Burst the narration confirms this and shows us one in outer space. It's not much if an assumption as much as contradicting the art for the feat so it was made secondary.
Considering what you said here I doubt how much of an assumption 4-B rating can be considered as. It is just an extension of what is already established.

An assumption would be giving Garou abilities he has neither shown nor implied to have just because he knows of cosmic energies or scaling him to an AP rating of something random.

To give an example, it would be an assumption if I said that Garou should scale to Ophiuchus Supercluster Eruption which is thousands of times above what I am trying to scale Garou to. If you really want to stretch it, an assumption would be giving Garou low 2-C rating via Environmental Destruction since he should be able to use Phantom Energy.

doubt how much of an assumption 4-B rating can be considered as. It is just an extension of what is already established.
The assumption is that he can replicate the strongest GRB ever, not the GRB itself. It's just an extension of the current assumption that he can replicate 1 foe of energy.

My dream come true.
The biggest explosion after big bang
is Ophiuchus stellar explosion
which is 50 gigafoe (lol)
the strongest GRB is seem legit
and if he can created any energy flow
in the entire universe.
it range from high 5A (smallest dwarf nova) to 4B (Ophiuchus stellar explosion) the tier shall be
5A (his own black hole) to 4B (Ophius one) ?

The assumption is that he can replicate the strongest GRB ever, not the GRB itself. It's just an extension of the current assumption that he can replicate 1 foe of energy.
If he can copy a normal GRB and can also copy 4-A values, then copying a 4-B GRB is no assumption.

Well, hea not copying itz he's replicating the phenomenon. The assumption is him replicating any phenomenon.
Then this would just be replicating it at 4-A scale.
He needed to physically see Saitama go all out to copy his 4-A strength. So under that assumption he would need to see a 4-B GRB to replicate one
I think you are under the assumption that Garou just magically has the power level of whatever he sees but it is already explained he is copying the flow of energy. The very GRB we are discussing is something he hasn't seen. Just the knowledge of such a thing was enough for him. Subsequently, knowledge of universal forces would be enough to replicate a GRB at a higher scale. It is not like it is something complicated. It is merely increasing the output with specifics of a bigger star, a trivial matter for someone who was developing time travel via retrocausality.

Last edited:
Disagree. That's a moronic assumption.

They scale to a 3-A gamma ray burst. Know your stuff before making a thread, idiot. /s

Seems to make sense. I agree

Something about this feels off.

While I definitely agree that there is absolutely no reason he wouldn't copy the actual strength of a real GRB in this scene (This should just be straight High 4-C), I believe that assuming it is the strongest GRB EVER is lacking some supporting evidence.

While Saitama was scratched by a normal punch, I believe that was honestly more of an outlier than anything. It doesn't make much sense. Garou mentions he is unscathed from the Serious Punch^2 that happens moments later.

I could agree with High 4-C, possibly 4-B. Only for the fact that Garou would definitely be capable of it. Just don't know if he did do that.

5-A doesn't work because it's not even a calculation for the gamma ray itself, it's for the black hole. It's not a low-end of a GRB.

High 4-C also isn't an assumption. Garou says it is a Gamma Ray Burst. Same way he calls his punches nuclear fission. Saying this isn't like a real GRB is like saying his nuclear fission isn't really nuclear fission.

Especially when we get confirmation from the narrator that spells out that it is indeed a GRB which is the strongest explosion in the universe.

Then there's the first pages of the chapter which spell out that Garou can copy all forces and energy in the universe and further confirmation from Garou that he has indeed mastered that flow.

So there's no reason to assume that High 4-C isn't the low end because that's not an assumption. It's just what it would reasonably scale to.

4-B, on the other hand, is an assumption which we can say he could copy, but does not have anything else to support it.

No more off-topic comments about Boros.

Anyway, I don't mind High 4-C, possibly 4-B. I think 5-A is just redundant and (like Phoenks said) isn't even based on the value of the GRB that Garou launched.

Back