• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Zanpa Recalc

That only applies to Shiki, not Luffy, and we both know that wouldn't make a huge difference here anyway.
And we both also know that comparing Luffy and Shiki to the water blob is stupid.

We see a direct comparison of size from the cut off Water and Merville, and yet you think Arc's calc, which stems of of Luffy's height is better?

Melville is several times larger than Shiki's ship, which is basically 10x larger than the Sunny.

It's laughable how this is even a discussion.

Not what I said, stop putting words in my mouth.

I said this: “Shiki is a bit behind the smaller water blob, but not by a lot, so this wouldn't inflate the smaller blob too much.”

Shiki being behind the blob means he’s appearing smaller than what he actually is, meaning the blob is appearing larger in comparison to Shiki than it actually is.
This is proving my point Arc.

If your point is "The water blob is actually dozens of kilometers across", then it is very much not proving your point.
And we both also know that comparing Luffy and Shiki to the water blob is stupid.

We see a direct comparison of size from the cut off Water and Merville, and yet you think Arc's calc, which stems of of Luffy's height is better?

Melville is several times larger than Shiki's ship, which is basically 10x larger than the Sunny.

It's laughable how this is even a discussion.
Read.

Y’all realize your arguments works in reverse right? Just as y’all can say “it’s ridiculous that the water would only be this small size, because of Shiki’s ship size, etc” can work in reverse. “It’s ridiculous that the water would be hundreds of times larger than the characters it’s shown proportional too”. Incredulity is forming a strong basis in that kind of argumentation.

However, none of that works to prove that KT’s original calc is correct at all. If you’re so insistent on the island having a minimum size based on being calc’d from Shiki’s ship, then calc it based off of Shiki’s ship, and see how much it actually supports your argument.

Y’all realize your arguments works in reverse right? Just as y’all can say “it’s ridiculous that the water would only be this small size, because of Shiki’s ship size, etc” can work in reverse. “It’s ridiculous that the water would be hundreds of times larger than the characters it’s shown proportional too”. Incredulity is forming a strong basis in that kind of argumentation.
No, it can't actually.

Thr size of Merville is consistently portrayed as several kilometers in size. A single inconsistent instance of Luffy and Shiki being relative in size to Merville is not enough to claim that it should be used.

There is no more consistency for the island being hundreds of km leading to the water being 50 km than there is for the water being 100s of meters. Y’all have one calc for the water being 50 km, that’s not consistency for that size.

No, it can't actually.

Thr size of Merville is consistently portrayed as several kilometers in size. A single inconsistent instance of Luffy and Shiki being relative in size to Merville is not enough to claim that it should be used.
We're not saying that they're relative in size to Merville.

We're saying they're relative in size to the water, which is shown in multiple shots.

This is not incredulity
The ship is over 500 meters high
It's sitting comfortably in the top portion of the water that you're saying is 200 meters tall

Stop throwing incredulity left and right

We're not saying that they're relative in size to Merville.

We're saying they're relative in size to the water, which is shown in multiple shots.
Which by extention is saying that they are comparable on size to Merville due to the water being that large.

This is not incredulity
The ship is over 500 meters high
It's sitting comfortably in the top portion of the water that you're saying is 200 meters tall

Stop throwing incredulity left and right
Can you show me that scan rq/point out where it is in your last point, searching for it is annoying on mobile

image0.jpg

Which by extention is saying that they are comparable on size to Merville due to the water being that large.
How do you know for sure that the height of the portion that was cut off was actually 53 km?

image0.jpg

Not to be the disrespectful asshole, but I genuinely do suggest you rewatch the movie

Because this ship is utterly dwarved by the island. The side of the island can't be that small
can someone, preferably someone who’s got scans on deck, calc the island based on the ship, so we can actually see if it’s consistent… respectfully, I ain’t got the time to rewatch the movie atm. Like I see the ship is small compared to the island I’m not contesting that.

I'm kinda split on this.

On one hand I agree with Arc that the assumptions made about this mammoth walking purely in a straight line, without twist, turns or encountering obstacles which could extend the amount of time needed to cross this island, would be the highest interpretation you can give the structure. We clearly do see there are large trees, hills and beast that reside on this island, all of which could've been an issue for this mammoth and its crew. I don't think we can hand-wave away these issues through a couple scans of the mammoth crossing somewhat flat terrain, especially when those are just specific instances shown to use, we don't actually see the entire trip made by the mammoth. So it would be assumptive to assert either being possibly true or false.

But on the other hand I don't agree with the size gained through Arc's calc, the visual evidence we are given consistently shows the size of this island being massively larger than what the calc gives. If we have that level of consistency on the general "largeness" of this structure, not an actual known size however, than using an calc which directly contradicts that notion should be heavily scrutinized and potentially discarded because of severely it contradicts that notion.

I'm honestly neutral on this, Is it possible to gain a mid-end interpretation through the statement we're given by that child?.

I'm honestly neutral on this, Is it possible to gain a mid-end interpretation through the statement we're given by that child?.
Yeah. Instead of ignore the whole statement, probably use like a fraction of that distance or something

Can mammoths even change directions while walking given the sheer mass of them? Hippos are significantly smaller than Mammoths and they have great difficulty turning and changing directions while walking due to their mass.

I'm resending it here but the ship is ******* tiny even compared to the island BEHIND merveille itself
Screenshot_52.png
Screenshot_54.png

Yes, that mast is Shiki's ship

I'm also gonna add KT's 30% end to the calc blog I made just so we can see all the methods in one centralized location.

So would you rather me not calc some other ends?
Let's collaborate on the cord, if you want to, go for it. You can make your own blogs, you can sandbox em and I'll add em to my blog, or we can work on it together and I'll just blog it. Up to you really, not trying to gatekeep blogging it.

Seeing the results and size of the water obtained from comparing it to Shiki's ship, I think it's pretty clear that the 53 km water height from the high end interpretation of the travel statement isn't well supported. Albeit, ik Kachon is trying one last method, so I'll wait and see what that's like.

Back