• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Upgrades that I overlooked and should be considered

Some characters should be scaled due to the recent upgrades of the Admirals, Mihawk, and Shanks. These people include:

Ace: From High 7-A to Possibly 6-C (Jinbe might scale, but given that their fight took place before Ace was even on WB's ship, this seems unnecessary) via powerscaling to Blackbeard pre time-skip since he should not be much weaker than him, and he was also capable of not being fodderized by Aokiji and Akainu

Blackbeard: From 6-C post time-skip to Likely High 6-C via scaling to the other 3 Yonko. He should not be much weaker then them.

Vista: From At least High 7-A to 6-C since he could fight a more casual Mihawk, could barely harm Akainu with haki, and via scaling to other WB commanders.

Squardo: He is featless, but having a Town level tier is very strange especially given that: He was unscathed by the time he got to Whitebeard despite fighting against the Vice Admirals, and had pierced and unguarded Whitebeard completely. He should be listed as Unknow.

These are all that I can think of right now. If I missed any, let me know.

Regarding Jack and surrounding characters:

I made this blog that the Calc Group looked over when determining Zunisha's tier. The lowest end is Mountain+ while the highest end is Island level (Small Island for the Square Cube Law).

Unless there are problems with the original calculation, Jack should powerscale to this due to being mostly fine after taking a strike from Zou. He is currently incapacitated underwater due to his weakness as a DF user.

Jack should also scale to being not too much weaker than the likes of Fujitora and Sengoku, who failed to kill him.

By extension, Nekomamushi would scale to this as he proved to be an even match for Jack up until the latter resorted to poison gas.

These characters would be scaled to Mountain+ or a higher tier, meaning that Zunisha would be downgraded from 6-C to 7-A+ or High 7-A.

These are the current changes that I believe are necessary (unless the whole Zou thing is not supported at this time)

Now that I remember, Jinbe should actually scale to 6-C for two other reasons disregarding Ace:

1) He managed to block a strike from Akainu that was intent for killing Luffy with only some burns on his palm and

2) He should be superior to Base Luffy, but this was only shown in Fishman Island.

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

Ace shouldnt get upgraded, most of the blackbeard fight was offscreen and scaling to him is iffy since: even luffy can damage blackbeard and survive attacks from him, and he doesnt scale. The akainu and Aokiji battles were too short, for the aokiji part, their fruits seemed equals (like with smoker, and we arent upgrading him, right?) and Akainu was outright superior thanks to the fruit thing.

The others seem right.

@PaChi2 - I do agree with the bit including Luffy hurting Blackbeard seeming pretty iffy, but we were left with Ace capable of trading full on blows with Blackbeard and matching his more powerful attacks with his own while Luffy was being butchered. It should also be noted that Blackbeard's Devil fruit makes him feel twice the amount of pain he normally would.

However, I did mention in the previous thread that Ace was clearly being outmatched by Blackbeard in the later stages of their fight.

I would consider scaling to Jinbe, if their fight didn't take place a long while back, since Jinbe survived blows from Akainu (Blocked one with only burns on his palm, and survived a punch that pierced his back and chest).

If the WB commanders, BB, and Squardo changes are reasonable, I'll apply them. I want more input on the Zou elephant and Jack's tier since I'm pretty certain that OBD's calculation that I'm referring from was not entirely agreed upon at the time.

Since the only upgrade for Ace would be "Possibly 6-C", I'd leave him as "High 7-A, Possibly higher" because scaling to jinbe or blackbeard isnt too reliable for Ace.

Back