• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Small revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I decided to reread OP and now I see a few things
  • About speed
The currently accepted calculation for scaling Luffy at the beginning of the series is he dodged an explosion. But the calculation uses an old method, the currently accepted method is completely different. With the "new" method the result is just ~Transonic.

But personally, I believe we don't need a downgrade, its simpler to "upgrade". Zoro's High Hypersonic feat should still scale to him beginning in the series, because no evolution happened for him. Zoro only starts to evolve afte the fight against Galdino, because Zoro sees that he is weak. Like, the amount of chapters between the High Hypersonic feat and the fight against Arlong is less than 15-20, and for some reason Arlong is not High Hypersonic.
  • About AP
This calculation simply does not work. Luffy did not fragment the tower, he destabilized the Arlong Park

So, I decided to reread OP and now I see a few things
  • About speed
The currently accepted calculation for scaling Luffy at the beginning of the series is he dodged an explosion. But the calculation uses an old method, the currently accepted method is completely different. With the "new" method the result is just ~Transonic.

But personally, I believe we don't need a downgrade, its simpler to "upgrade". Zoro's High Hypersonic feat should still scale to him beginning in the series, because no evolution happened for him. Zoro only starts to evolve afte the fight against Galdino, because Zoro sees that he is weak. Like, the amount of chapters between the High Hypersonic feat and the fight against Arlong is less than 15-20, and for some reason Arlong is not High Hypersonic.
  • About AP
This calculation simply does not work. Luffy did not fragment the tower, he destabilized the Arlong Park
about speed 👀😨

Zoro says that they got stronger after each island, so the multiple islands after this feat would prohibit them from backscaling to this feat.
Even if this sentence exists, should it not be taken literally, or mugiwaras have passive accelerated development? Zoro's feat only happened after healed from his injuries and slept through a whole trip.

He didnt train
He didnt fight
He did nothing
The AP Luffy scales to is higher than the Ap feat here so regardless it's fine
Yeah I know

Even if this sentence exists, should it not be taken literally, or mugiwaras have passive accelerated development? Zoro's feat only happened after healed from his injuries and slept through a whole trip.

He didnt train
He didnt fight
He did nothing
We take this sentence literally a lot, which is how we justify the huge jumps in power.
That happens along the line as well.

Luffy was struggling with Galdino then beat his captain that's far superior later down the line.
SHs got whooped by CP9's weakest, they got KO'd and they woke up and beat them.
Luffy got beat by Crocodile. No training, he whooped him later.
SHs couldn't handle Enel's minions but they could keep up and fight (and one of them could kill) Enel.
Luffy got bodied by Kata. Out of nowhere he matched him and fought him as an equal.

It's unwise to backscale feats in One Piece unless we have information that we could.

The SHs do have accelerated development, or at least they should.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245 how does giving the SHs Accelerated Development look because of this?
Yeah I know
Gotcha.

I don't think that all of the Straw Hats should have accelerated development. It would need to be proved that they're getting stronger faster than normal, I would think.

That happens along the line as well.

Luffy was struggling with Galdino then beat his captain that's far superior later down the line.
SHs got whooped by CP9's weakest, they got KO'd and they woke up and beat them.
Luffy got beat by Crocodile. No training, he whooped him later.
SHs couldn't handle Enel's minions but they could keep up and fight (and one of them could kill) Enel.
Luffy got bodied by Kata. Out of nowhere he matched him and fought him as an equal.
Most of them are acceptable because some mini arcs happen, which could really indicate a potency development. But in the case of Zoro and his High Hypersonic feat nothing happens... The only justification is that he has passive accelerated development, which honestly is ridiculous.

Most of them are acceptable because some mini arcs happen, which could really indicate a potency development.
Nah no mini arcs happen in the series except for their timeskip.

Like I lie to you not, Luffy and Zoro were unconscious and they got stronger.
But in the case of Zoro and his High Hypersonic feat nothing happens... The only justification is that he has passive accelerated development, which honestly is ridiculous.
I guess we can put it to his first key

I agree more with the downgrade for speed. Zoro actually realized how weak he was when he fought Mihawk, if we were going to say when Zoro started to evolve, I guess it is more plausible to say it was after this event, we also have to consider that he never stopped training.

Despite never shown, Zoro realizing that he was still much weaker than Mihawk and given that he had been training constantly for a long time, it is quite likely that he continued his training after the Arlong Park arc, since he was already recovered.

You know, after the fight against Mihawk he didn't evolve/train either, he was almost dead with his injuries. The "Never stopped training" is before the fight, so eh

After Arlong Park he was already recovered from the injuries, at least he wasn't almost dead like before and he seems ok in Loguetown.

I think the minor downgrade for Luffy should be fine to implement but I don't agree with the backscaling regarding Zoro.

I think the minor downgrade for Luffy should be fine to implement but I don't agree with the backscaling regarding Zoro.
Okay, there seems to be a staff agreement here then.

Please write a list of all the full exactly worded titles for all the pages that you need unlocked, so my automated script can handle it. Take note that this means what the pages are named, not what the characters in them are named. Thank you. Then tell me here when you are done, and I should lock them again.

Please write a list of all the full exactly worded titles for all the pages that you need unlocked, so my automated script can handle it. Take note that this means what the pages are named, not what the characters in them are named. Thank you. Then tell me here when you are done, and I should lock them again.
If the calculation to be implemented is this calculation, then all that need to change the calculation on Pre-Timeskip Luffy’s Hypersonic+ rating. It is still in the same rating as the previous calculation, but just lower.

Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

I have an issue with how we handle early Zoro and Luffy.

Whiskey Peak Zoro and Luffy still count as their first key. Their second key is the one that fought and scales to Crocodile.
Zoro's speed feat shouldn't be for his Alabasta key, it should be for his East Blue Key

I have an issue with how we handle early Zoro and Luffy.

Whiskey Peak Zoro and Luffy still count as their first key. Their second key is the one that fought and scales to Crocodile.
Zoro's speed feat shouldn't be for his Alabasta key, it should be for his East Blue Key
So basically, the first key for characters like Luffy, Zoro and Sanji would be from East Blue to like Drum Island Arc while their second key begins in the Alabasta arc, correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back