• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece revision

I believe the tiers of some characters could change. Jesus Burgess is way too high, he should get a 7-A ranking. Diamante should be 7-B instead of 7-A.Furthermore I believe Portgas D. Ace is a little too high as well. He should be 6-C instead of low 6-B. Same with Vista.

Downgrades aside, I think it would be good if 'likely 6-C' would be added to Magella , so he finally has a tier.

Said downgrades as baseless. Ace along with Vista are top tier Yonkou Commanders so scaling them to Low 6-B is perfectly fine. Nothing needs to be changed.

All of your proposed revisions are completely and utterly baseless and entirely built on your opinion. We operate on evidence here.

Give scans and arguments as to why, then we can talk.

Otherwise none of your stuff will get accepted

Reppuzan said:
All of your proposed revisions are completely and utterly baseless and entirely built on your opinion. We operate on evidence here.
Well, let me tell you why my revisions hold some kind of credit.

It says on Burgess' profile that he's low 6-B because he should be comparable to Katakuri and Cracker. That's not true. Both of them have much better feats than Burgess. Katakuri casually oneshotted Gear 3rd Luffy, did more damage to Gear 4th Luffy than Doflamingo, and his Strength Mochi attack should be at least as strong as Kong Gun (Chapters 784, 879, 884 and 891). Cracker almost cut off Gear 4th Luffy's arm and is able to infinitely spawn biscuit soldiers stronger than Gear 3rd Luffy (Chapters 837 and 838). Burgess oneshotted a fighting fish, which is a feat even Caesar, a 7-B Character could do, and he only destroyed a couple of buildings with the shockwave of his attack (Chapters 710, 737 and 787). Yonko commanders are by no means equal, just like Vice Admirals aren't equal.

Diamante cut a space smaller than a city in half and distorted the same area before that (Chapters 768 and 776). By the way, Viola should be scaled down to 7-C, because her feats aren't that impressive as well (Chapter 712). Also Jora, a comparable character to Viola is only 8-A, so 7-C Viola wouldn't be wrong.

Ace should go to 6-C for two reasons. First, his strongest attack was smaller than half of an island (Chapter 441). But, there's nothing that says he can't spam the attack, so he shouldn't be lower than 6-C. He did that attack without any signs of effort. Second, he was equal to pre-timeskip Jinbe. Jinbe got stronger over the timeskip, since he showed the use of strong Haki after the timeskip and his newer feats are much more impressive than those pre-timeskip (Chapter 890).

Vista was the hardest one. The reason why I said he should be 6-C is because Mihawk didn't even pay that much attention during their battle (Chapters 561 and 562). Plus, he's comparable to Ace so scaling him to Ace wouldn't be wrong. He can still stay low 6-B though, because we haven't seen much of him.

Finally, Magellan should at least be 6-C because his Venom Demon can destroy Impel Down. That's just a statement but keep in mind that Magellan oneshotted the Blackbeard Pirates with his weaker poison. His stronger poison is obviously more potent and spreads much faster (Chapters 544 and 547). Impel Down is an island that gets bigger and bigger the closer it gets to the ocean floor.

Sorry I don't have any calcs, but that's only because I don't know how to do them. If I did, I'd add them.

1: Burgess could give Dressrosa Luffy problems so he scales to Low 6-B.

2: Diamante scales to Pica who has a casual mountain level feat. He is staying where he is.

3: As for Ace he scales to other Yonkou Commanders such as Marco to an extent. Being comparable to Marco would justify his currently tiering and this is further justified since he did fight Kuzan shortly. Low 6-B Ace is fine. And saying that Ace's strongest attack only covered half of an island doesn't make sense. We have scaling for a reason otherwise Luffy would only be 7-B because his attacks can't cover a small country.

4: Again Vista scales to other Yonkou Commanders who are in turn comparable to Doffy. And Vista clashed with Mihawk so there's no reason to downgrade anyone.

5: Errrr no Megallan being able to destroy impel down doesn't make him 6-C. A better thing to do would to be to make him low 6-B via one shoting Blackbeard. But that's only because of his hax and not his physical stats.

Destroying Impel Down doesn't mkake Magellen 6-C but what rating would it give him? Impel Down is a pretty huge place.

EDIT: Even if that's not good enough we can figure out his durability from him tanking multiple cannon shots.

Sure, but attack potency isn't just physical strength, right?

^ Basically this. Plus even if it wasn't done via hax we'd be working with only a statement. We wouldn't know how he would destroy it ( I.E fragmentation,violent fragmentation, vaporization, atomization etc.) And we'd also need a reason time frame.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
1: Burgess could give Dressrosa Luffy problems so he scales to Low 6-B.

2: Diamante scales to Pica who has a casual mountain level feat. He is staying where he is.

3: As for Ace he scales to other Yonkou Commanders such as Marco to an extent. Being comparable to Marco would justify his currently tiering and this is further justified since he did fight Kuzan shortly. Low 6-B Ace is fine. And saying that Ace's strongest attack only covered half of an island doesn't make sense. We have scaling for a reason otherwise Luffy would only be 7-B because his attacks can't cover a small country.

4: Again Vista scales to other Yonkou Commanders who are in turn comparable to Doffy. And Vista clashed with Mihawk so there's no reason to downgrade anyone.

5: Errrr no Megallan being able to destroy impel down doesn't make him 6-C. A better thing to do would to be to make him low 6-B via one shoting Blackbeard. But that's only because of his hax and not his physical stats.
1. Burgess attacked Luffy when he was out of power. That Luffy was below average human level because he couldn't even run and had to be carried.

2. Okay, but if anything he should be low 7-A.

3. That's good reasoning.

4. In the end I said Vista can stay low 6-B.

5. I said AT LEAST 6-C, not definitely 6-C. Also a character can be higher with hax and not physical strength. Giorno Giovanna is at least high 3-A with hax. A reason time frame isn't possible though, since Magellan never actually destroyed anything.

What do you think about this?

Back