• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: FTL Speed Revision

Currently, the vast majority of characters who are FTL are given this rating off of this feat from Post-Awakening Sanji.

The reason for this scaling can be traced back to Hybrid Queen, whose profile states that he was able to tag Post-Awakening Sanji

higher in Zoan Forms (Could tag Post-Exoskeleton Sanji

The "tagging" in question can be found in chapter 1034:

The first instance, Queen used Henry Queen, which is accepted as moving at the Speed of Light based on Vinsmoke Niji's Henry Blazer. However, the problem with using this feat to justify Queen's FTL speed lies in the fact that relying on a SOL attack to support FTL Queen is ineffective.

The other moment is when Queen managed to grab Sanji. This argument is flawed since Sanji's back was turned towards Queen, and he was solely focused on evading Queen's eye beams, as seem in the preceding panel before Sanji got caught.

Therefore, Queen scaling to Post-Awakening Sanji needs to be removed.

What Now?

Instead of being scaled to Sanji's feat, those who are affected by this downgrade will now be scaled to Marco's feat.

Fortunately, the only thing that needs to be updated is the "Scaling" portion under the "Speed Calcs" tab on the verse page.

The blog linked below outlines the changes made to the verse page and the characters impacted by them.

I disagree with your interpretation of the second instance, because although Sanji is running away from Queen, he's actively looking back and talking to Queen. So it's not like he was caught off guard, Queen just managed to catch him.

Also the whole "he was trying to dodge lasers" is not really an argument, because while yes, Queen is only shooting lasers at him so he's avoiding the lasers, but naturally fighting someone as versatile as Queen, he would most definitely be aware of his other abilities and moves.

So count me as disagree for now.

but naturally fighting someone as versatile as Queen, he would most definitely be aware of his other abilities and moves.
The whole point of that sequence was that Queen was pulling out a ton of different abilities that he never showed before, so no, Sanji was not aware of his other abilities and moves.

The whole point of that sequence was that Queen was pulling out a ton of different abilities that he never showed before, so no, Sanji was not aware of his other abilities and moves.
Right.... but all Queen did is grab him.. not something he hasn't showcased before, so obviously Sanji would at the very least know that Queen can just grab him and be aware of his arms.

Right.... but all Queen did is grab him.. not something he hasn't showcased before, so obviously Sanji would at the very least know that Queen can just grab him.
Until that point Queen never showed his arm could extend like that.

Until that point Queen never showed his arm could extend like that.
So? Sanji's looking back at him and Queen's arm is extending at him. He grabbed him so they're comparable. It's not like Sanji just wasn't looking at Queen - like his face was also faced away from him. He was directly looking back at him.

Just because character 1 uses an attack character 2 has never seen before does not invalidate scaling.

Just because character 1 uses an attack character 2 has never seen before does not invalidate scaling.
Your point was that Sanji would be aware of Queen's abilities, which he wasn't. That is what I was refuting.

No it didn't. I believe Sanji is looking directly at Queen and you believe he's looking at the lasers, I disagree with your interpretation.
As far as I know, it's not possible to look at someone directly behind you by having your head slightly tilted to the right and your eyes pointed up.

Neutral, though I will say Queen was sort of trapping Sanji with those beams, which may have made it easier for him to catch Sanji along with him being distracted (which may support your case in OP, I dunno).

But Zoan Queen did react to Post-Udon Base Luffy and managed to tag him when he and Zoro were trying to get to the roof, although looking at your sandbox they're in the same category.

Assuming the OP is accepted, the sandbox itself looks fine to me, but I'm still neutral for now.

Ehhh I can kinda see where Kachon is coming from since even if Sanji was looking at Queen I’d say he was more focused on the lasers raining down on him than anything else and probably would only be able to see Queen from his peripheral vision if anything.

Ehhh I can kinda see where Kachon is coming from since even if Sanji was looking at Queen I’d say he was more focused on the lasers raining down on him than anything else and probably would only be able to see Queen from his peripheral vision if anything.
Peripheral vision is incredibly good though.

Back