• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on?
Danmaku is usually the amount of shots is so great that it's very hard to dodge normally and usually the projectiles are countless, but 7 projectiles is just very underwhelming for a danmaku, I remember seeing far more projectiles not count for danmaku and you can clearly see that sanji can dodge easily, at least that's in my opinion.

Danmaku is usually the amount of shots is so great that it's very hard to dodge normally and usually the projectiles are countless, but 7 projectiles is just very underwhelming for a danmaku, I remember seeing far more projectiles not count for danmaku and you can clearly see that sanji can dodge easily, at least that's in my opinion.
It's more than seven since some already hit the ground and exploded, Sanji can dodge them since he's faster than them, there's also nothing to say he would have stopped (Considering the light beam thing is still activated) had they not dodged out of the way.

It's more than seven since some already hit the ground and exploded, Sanji can dodge them since he's faster than them, there's also nothing to say he would have stopped (Considering the light beam thing is still activated) had they not dodged out of the way.
I counted the ones that hit the ground too, I miscounted actually they're 8 shots, kings are even less. Danmaku or bullet hell attacks usually leave no room for you to physically dodge, and constantly shooting attacks shouldn't qualify either because those attacks need to happen all at once, basically the projectiles are too little and there is clearly room to dodge. So in my opinion this shouldn't qualify for danmaku or at least a very weak danmaku so limited for example.

Isn't that just flight?

I counted the ones that hit the ground too, I miscounted actually they're 8 shots, kings are even less. Danmaku or bullet hell attacks usually leave no room for you to physically dodge, and constantly shooting attacks shouldn't qualify either because those attacks need to happen all at once, basically the projectiles are too little and there is clearly room to dodge. So in my opinion this shouldn't qualify for danmaku or at least a very weak danmaku so limited for example.

I agree. This is no more Danmaku than a machine-gun.

King's we don't see the full scope since we only see it from one point of view, however later we see the scope of damage it does to the surroundings, he should apply for the full thing.

I don't mind applying limited for Queen.
Isn't that just flight?
Self-Momentum: The character controls their own movements, being capable of accelerating and decelerating quickly with no issues, by physical means, such as pushing against a surface or grabbing an object mid-air, in order to change one's direction.

King's we don't see the full scope since we only see it from one point of view, however later we see the scope of damage it does to the surroundings, he should apply for the full thing.

I don't mind applying limited for Queen.
You know that fight could have been going on for a while right? the most projectiles we see shooting at once is 7, so that destruction could have just as likely been caused by the collateral damage of their fight going for a while and not necessarily the amount of projectiles shot at once, my point is that it's not valid to assume just because he's destroying a lot of stuff indiscriminately that he's also shooting countless projectiles at once, or that's at least how I see it.

You know that fight could have been going on for a while right? the most projectiles we see shooting at once is 7, so that destruction could have just as likely been caused by the collateral damage of their fight going for a while and not necessarily the amount of projectiles shot at once, my point is that it's not valid to assume just because he's destroying a lot of stuff indiscriminately that he's also shooting countless projectiles at once, or that's at least how I see it.
Ah yes we see multiple people and buildings cut with the slash effect still there and that's prior collateral, Nah absolutely baseless assumption there.

people and buildings can be cut without a large number of projectiles, the most we see is 7 at once. That's nothing compared to a real danmaku.
Yasakani no magatama
He's attacking all around him from what I can make out, considering Queen also got cut who was standing behind him, meaning 7 projectiles in one direction that we see on screen, where as in that same screen we also see 8 people get cut despite being nowhere near the massive air slashes in the air. We also see a building get cut up into three individual pieces.

Your link also doesn't work, and again there's no rule on the page about having x amount of projectiles, that's something you said and you haven't even cited the example you're referring to that got rejected.

He's attacking all around him from what I can make out, considering Queen also got cut who was standing behind him, meaning 7 projectiles in one direction that we see on screen, where as in that same screen we also see 8 people get cut despite being nowhere near the massive air slashes in the air. We also see a building get cut up into three individual pieces.

Your link also doesn't work, and again there's no rule on the page about having x amount of projectiles, that's something you said and you haven't even cited the example you're referring to that got rejected.
That's a good point, people who weren't near the visible attacks got cut so more than 15 attacks and hit everywhere around him, then that should be limited, I don't think it's enough for the whole thing.

I would like a source for this
Luffy doesn't get danmaku for his ridiculous gatling
56a96847f4cd130f8ba3222996eb917406008129_hq.gif

I'm sure you already know this but this attack throws so many attacks so fast that it registers as multiple attacks even though it's only 2 at a time.
And there are dragon ball characters that can throws countless ki blasts don't get danmaku.
Another example is naruto who's rasenshuriken throws countless tiny pin needles that attack targets on a cellular level doesn't get danmaku either.
Compared to this king's is pretty fodder.

I'm sure you already know this but this attack throws so many attacks so fast that it registers as multiple attacks even though it's only 2 at a time.
Yeah that's nothing compared to King, those are just two fists moving faster than normal creating afterimages, I can see why that never got accepted as Danmaku.

And there are dragon ball characters that can throws countless ki blasts don't get danmaku.
Another example is naruto who's rasenshuriken throws countless tiny pin needles that attack targets on a cellular level doesn't get danmaku either.
Compared to this king's is pretty fodder.
Zoro has danmaku tho it's limited, probably because it doesn't move in a straight line 🤔

Agreed, except Danmaku, I don't think that it fits to danmaku, danmaku is something like this
AppropriateThoroughChameleon-size_restricted.gif
An example of it but not the requirement;
The ability to produce a great amount of projectiles at once, in order to overwhelm the target by the sheer number of shots. Some users also add complex patterns to make dodging additionally difficult.

Do we have standard of danmaku? I saw something about it in some DB threads, they mentioned that it wasnt enough to danmaku, do we have standard or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back