• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipotent or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably could but a true omnipotent being would be infinitely above infiniti in power, speed, ability and anything you could think of. Simply put as an omnipotent being can do what ever it wants. In it's normal state I doubt it would actually have any thoughs, emotions, desires, etc as he would be above all concepts and by default he wouldn't be affected by them so as he would have everything while having nothing at the same time, being infiniti while being zero, etc.

And i think this is the reason why TOAA never actually appears.

So yes Omni could allow itself to be defeated for S's and giggles but if it were to really happen people would question it's power as that happening would be illogical to some extent.

How about new Omnipotent/Questionable Onipotent/Near Omnipotent list?

Although I think any Onis are questionable.

Nah. After our discussion, I am thinking about getting rid of the term altogether from the Wiki, and making a probably very subjective list would only encourage people to start feeling hostility towards any fictions that they are not familiar with. "My omnipotent is stronger than your omnipotent!" "Is not! Your omnipotent is a nigh-omnipotent poopy-head!" And similar. It is better to avoid it I think, and let different fictions stand on their own.

@ DarkLK: I think it would be ok to have that as well but do we actually need it though.

I agree and it's most like the reason why beings who we think are omnipotent don't properly appear in their own franchise.

Antvasima said:
I am thinking about getting rid of the term altogether from the Wiki, and making a probably very subjective list would only encourage people to start feeling hostility towards any fictions that they are not familiar with.
But "questionable omnipotence" (tier 0) still makes sense. True omnipotence can not be proven however.

@SDZiel1217: You do have a point about if an omnipotent decided she/he/it wanted to lose, especially on purpose, then everyone would question the being's power of Omnipotence.

@DarkLK: Tier 0 for "questionable omnipotence" works better than "true omnipotence".

Well, given that Morgoth, who is universal at his best, can injure Eru, this seems extremely doubtful. Also, The Presence definitely isn't omnipotent either. It is going to be killed in the new Lucifer series, with Lucifer himself as a prime suspect.

@Antvasima: Perhaps you should lock this thread? It has been concluded that Omnipotence is a nonsensical term, hence this thread is redundant at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back