• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omega Ridley vs. Frieza (No Golden form)

ImagoDesattrolante

VS Battles
Retired
Title.

There are two rounds.

1. Speed is not equalized.

2. Speed is equalized.

EDIT:

Due to people realizing it isn't Namek Frieza, it is in fact, Namek Frieza.

1. Ridley blitzes and proceeds to bypass Frieza's durability with his Phazon.

2. Ridley's Phazon intangibilty likely gives him enough tim to bypass Frieza's durability with his Phazon.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
1. Ridley blitzes and proceeds to bypass Frieza's durability with his Phazon.
2. Ridley's Phazon intangibilty likely gives him enough tim to bypass Frieza's durability with his Phazon.
Isn't Frieza Sub Relativistic?

Ahahaha what?

I didn't notice that. That is some serious downplay that needs to be changed. Ridley outpaced Samus' ship, which travels betwen planets at relativistic speeds.

Ahahaha what?
I didn't notice that. That is some serious downplay that needs to be changed. Ridley outpaced Samus' ship, which travels betwen planets at relativistic speeds.
Alright.

The reason I created this thread is because I'm considering doing it as a Death Battle on another Wiki, actually.

I'll wait if anyone else brings anything up.

Alright.

Anyway, my vote is for Ridley both rounds. Frieza has the major advantage in DC, but Ridley should be able to blitz in round 1 and hold off long enough with Phazon Madness to deliver the killing blow in round 2.

Alright.
Anyway, my vote is for Ridley both rounds. Frieza has the major advantage in DC, but Ridley should be able to blitz in round 1 and hold off long enough with Phazon Madness to deliver the killing blow in round 2.
Major advantage in DC? They're the same, last time I checked.

They are up until Frieza's final form, in which he's Large Planet level+ whereas Ridley is Large Planet level. However, that shouldn't really make a difference because of the properties of Phazon.

They are up until Frieza's final form, in which he's Large Planet level+ whereas Ridley is Large Planet level. However, that shouldn't really make a difference because of the properties of Phazon.
Alrighty.

After looking, it's not that of a big difference.

FanofRPGs said:
How is Freeza not relativistic? His Death Beams have to be Relativistic.
Why is that?
Characters who were massively hypersonic+ to sub-relativistic could not track the Death Beams. Piccolo said himself to track with his Chi sensing earlier in the show, yet he still could not sense the Death Beams. DBZ characters can always track characters much faster than them (Like in the Goku vs Cell fight) yet here the Death Beams could not be tracked even when they were only going in a straight direction.

Also going in the context of the scene, it was obvious that the author's intent (I know it should not be used when it is unclear, but this seemed obvious) was "Wow Freeza's Death Beam is so fast. Yet Goku can still swat them? He must be the fastest thing in the universe" Piccolo even called them a flash of light, and like I said he is massively hypersonic+ or sub-relativistic.

Being far faster than massively hypersonic+ and sub-relativistic characters can still just put you at higher end sub-relativistic or sub-relativistic+.

Being far faster than massively hypersonic+ and sub-relativistic characters can still just put you at higher end sub-relativistic or sub-relativistic+.
Their Chi-sensing perception is much better than their speed though, this is seen many times. Chaozu had only a power level of 610 but he could sense Cultivars who were twice as powerful and fast. Characters like Kuririn and Piccolo could track Goku fighting Cell, and it is obvious they are leagues faster than Piccolo/Kuririn.

Characters could sense the Ginyu Tokusentai and Goku's space ship traveling in a straight direction, yet these Death Beams could not be sensed at all.

This is true, but again, even if Frieza was 10x as fast as Piccolo, Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta, he'd still only be Sub-Relativistic+, which is indeed what he's listed as.

You should realize that "F" still has Freeza gain the ability to fight on par with Saiyan Beyond God Goku in base form. Meaning he's still MFTL+ and has the power to destroy Solar Systems.

Davy0 said:
You should realize that "F" still has Freeza gain the ability to fight on par with Saiyan Beyond God Goku in base form. Meaning he's still MFTL+ and has the power to destroy Solar Systems.

thats true

Then why didn't he say no Resurrection of F? Maybe people should stop thinking that Freeza isn't a threat in DB without his Golden Form. Saiyan Beyond God is superior to SSJG after all as it is Goku and Vegeta's mastered God Ki modes, which are considered their base power levels.

It doesn't matter if Frieza surpasses him in destructive capacity, Ridley in that form is way too fast and has the hax to kill him.

Frieza will die due the Phazon attacking his body, corrupting him from the inside out.

Here is the description of it from the Legend of Manga (which was made by Bird Studios)

"this beam of light emitted from his fingers was so fast that no one could see him.

Aside from the fact that it is called a beam of light. A character can see things that go much faster than them, for example you can see a plain that goes 700 miles per hour, but you would never be able to dodge one. Also Goku was able to dodge an explosion and cross several hundred meters in a span of time that would be very small right before the Imprisonment Light Ball exploded.

Plus I highly doubt that when Akira Toriyama was writing that, that he fought "This beam is only sub-relativistic+" but I definitely think he was thinking that this beam was the speed of light.

Davy0 said:
So does Ridley have anything that can blow away a Small Star Busting Lizard Thing?
Since this is Omega Ridley, yes. His body has become so insanely corrupted with Phazon that he's dangerous to even get near. If he's able to just make contact with Frieza for long enough, the Phazon is going to kill him from the inside out.

But he doesn't even need to be near him. And Freeza should be faster unless I'm mistaken, at least for the first round. Second Round goes to the weird Zombie Pterodactyl Monster.

Frieza has never been one to take enemies he believes to be inferior seriously. He didn't really take Goku seriously until the Saiyan started making him mad. He won't get that chance with Omega Ridley, as one hit is going to seal his fate as the Phazon will start severely weakening him in a very short period of time, and every other hit is just going to speed up the process.

Also, I'm not sure how pre-RoF Frieza is faster than Omega Ridley. Omega Ridley should be far faster than Meta Ridley, who outpaced Samus' ship, which travels between planets at relativistic speed.

Isn't the reason Ridley constantly loses because he's an arrogant prick? Omega Ridley doesn't sound like a power-up, just seems like a corrupted space dinosaur...

Davy0 said:
Isn't the reason Ridley constantly loses because he's an arrogant prick? Omega Ridley doesn't sound like a power-up, just seems like a corrupted space dinosaur...
Yes, that is often why he loses.

Omega Ridley on the other hand, was very very careful, and was just straight up bested by Samus due to her being the better fighter (and ya know...having a suit that absorbs Phazon).

Phazon normally just kills you, but the Space Pirates found ways to weaponize it. Omega Ridley is almost entirely composed of Phazon, which is part of what makes him so dangerous.

Isn't outpacing Samus' ship travelling speed and not combat speed?

What does Phazon due, as Freeza's race is known for surviving in deep space with no ill effects to their anatomy.

And also, if the Phazon is only weaponized and it doesn't physically change his stats, there's no real different between Meta and him, unless you can show some changes. Freeza is only Sub-Relative though, so though Freeza should still have the upper hand in terms of destructive capacity, Ridley should be fast enough to outstrip him entirely. Though yeah, the Phazon thing.

@Sheoth

Considering how Samus has FTL feats, it likely can apply to combat speed. Besides, we wouldn't want to resort to the Combat Speed Fallacy.

@Davy0

I don't think that would protect them from a material that kills you by touching it.

Davy0 said:
What does Phazon due, as Freeza's race is known for surviving in deep space with no ill effects to their anatomy.
And also, if the Phazon is only weaponized and it doesn't physically change his stats, there's no real different between Meta and him, unless you can show some changes. Freeza is only Sub-Relative though, so though Freeza should still have the upper hand in terms of destructive capacity, Ridley should be fast enough to outstrip him entirely. Though yeah, the Phazon thing.
The weaponized Phazon actually does drastically change his stats, though.

Phazon is basically a semi-sentient, incredibly deadly, radioactive form of matter. It is able to expose all biological organisms via contact, even with the smallest amount of Phazon. Upon infecting the subject, Phazon will basically begin to destroy the lifeform on a cellular level, causing extremely painful mutations and eating up all of its brain tissue. The more Phazon a subject is exposed to, the faster the process. This is assuming the subject hasn't found some way to weaponize it (space pirate tech, PEDs), but even then, it's incredibly deadly and can kill them with too significant of an inbalance. However, those who are able to utilize Phazon have access to a number of new abilities, such as drastically increased strength, speed, nigh-limitless stamina, temporary intangibility, and the ability to spew Phazon from their bodies.

Is their any WOG that states this, any statements that apply the strength and speed increase. And if so, is their an applicable feat that applies to that increase in sheer power and speed?

Davy0 said:
Is their any WOG that states this, any statements that apply the strength and speed increase. And if so, is their an applicable feat that applies to that increase in sheer power and speed?
For strength? Yes. It's stated and shown that one of the benefits of the weaponized Phazon is a drastic increase in the subject's muscle mass. It is also shown that even basic space-pirates, when exposed to Phazon, become able to kill the most powerful and experienced of Hunters The speed is mostly scaling (since you fight Omega Ridley in a confined area) from being able to keep up with a close to end-of-game Samus, who soon takes on Dark Samus.

What doesn't make sense about Phazon is that it supposedly breaks down the body on a cellular level. If that's the case, how can it increase a person's muscle mass if it destroys any living tissue within the body. Unless it needs to find the correct host to hold said cells.

I can understand the speed if that's the case, just the science of phazon didn't make sense.

But if that's the case... Yeah Freeza's beaten on both accounts.

Back