• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Old Ones (Dark Tower) vs Time Lords (Whoniverse)

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...s-alliance-could-defeat.392891/#post-22421595

"The Great Old Ones were masters over time to the point where timetravel was so trivial to them that it was used for entertainment even on a civilian base, were people would go back in time to watch historical events for example.

They've combined/fused Magic with Technology to great effect, replacing the Beam Guardians with mechanical counterparts (the Beam Guardians are an integral part of the fabric of reality, holding the entire Multiverse (Omniverse) up). Their empire stretched accross all the Universes of the Tower, and the (civil)war that ended the Great Old Ones' reign laid waste to many of them. Since they've annihilated themselves thousands of years before the main storyline of the DT books, there isn't much known about their weapons/ships etc. But a single one of their Enhancer Robots granted a mentally ******** boy the ability to timetravel and universe-hop to whatever point in history he wanted to, and the ability to create realms outside of all time and space/dimensions in which he was a god able to shape those realms to his liking. That alone speaks volumes on how insanely hax these guys were before they attempted to rebuild reality itself and got their asses kicked in by the divine intervention that caused the civil war."

Old Ones made Beams that hold DT Omniverse together. Beams maintain alignment of size, time, space and dimension of the whole Tower. With every floor above is described as infinitely greater than the last. To give you a picture, an atom of the first floor contains universes.

Beams made by Old Ones also made it possible for destruction of every level of the Tower.

Old Ones also described to be able to opens portal everywhere and everywhen on every level of the Tower.

If Dark Tower is described as infinite dimensional, Old Ones should have same scaling too since their Beams technically keep these infinite dimensions from breaking.

If Beams have any equal in DW, it'd be The Glory.

Old Ones are like whole race of Umineko Witches. Dark Tower itself is in so many ways like City of Books.

["Imagine the sand of the Mohaine Desert, which you crossed to find me, and imagine a trillion universes - not worlds by universes - encapsulated in each grain of that desert; and within each universe an infinity of others. We tower over these universes from our pitiful grass vantage point; with one swing of your boot you may knock a billion billion worlds flying off into darkness, a chain never to be completed.

"Size, gunslinger... size.

"Yet suppose further. Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...] Yeah, Umineko Witches indeed.

Hmm hard to decide really. I was leaning towards the Time Lords simply because we have virtually no feats for the Imperium's spacecraft. They are long gone by the time the ruins of this civilization are used by the survivors in The Dark Tower series. On the other hand, Mid-World is akin to Gallifrey in the sense that time-travel is explicitly impossible, unlike other universes the Imperium time travel in. This raises issues - firstly the Time Lords have to locate that universe (and due to the Imperium's nature, the versus will have to be multiversal in scope) and ensure they arrive in it at an opportune moment (which they probably won't be able to engineer, they will be relying on pure luck) because once they arrive, time travel is out. On the other hand, the Imperium's monitoring stations are quite precise in observing other universes, no doubt due to them being magical as well as technological. Indeed Sheemie, who you see in the feats post being granted psychic abilities by an Imperium robot, can open doorways to precise locations in other universes just by thinking about where he want's them to open (he can even open doorways that lead to the outside of reality) after those powers are granted to him by Great Old One tech. The Time Lord's can't one shot the planet either, because the setting's resident omnipotent protects itself and one of it's forms resides on the planet (the Dark Tower itself). Any attempt will fail, either the weapon will not work for no particular reason or the Time Lord's will disappear into a thinny. It's probably for the best, because destroying the Tower turns the versus into a MAD scenario. The other major sticking point is that the Imperium is present throughout the multiverse, offering a practically infinite number of targets for the Time Lords to go after. So I don't think any of them can win. The Imperium's featless space craft ensure the Time Lords win any engagements there whereas the enormity of the Imperium ensures the Time Lord's can't wipe them out. Stalemate. Ground battles might be interesting though. The Imperium have some.....interesting tech/magic to utilize there. They use tech from other fictional universes too (light-sabres, for example, or Doctor Doom bots, or modified Harry Potter snitches that kill) including psychic paper from the Whoniverse. They also use psychic powers, including powers that can kill an individual in any location merely by drawing symbols.

@Become the strongest

well, Old Ones' Beams are the one holding The Dark Tower together.

I read that apparently Dark Tower itself is infinitely-layered. And Old Ones not only destroyed old Beams, but replaced them with theirs.

As I said before, Beams are akin to http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/The_Glory in function and scale.

Basically, Old Ones have control over infinite layers/dimensions(?) within Dark Tower itself. Topped only by the likes of Marlyn, Crimson King/Gan etc.

Their Psychic Enhancer can grant human reality warping ability which lets said human create a 'balcony'. Realm outside Dark Tower itself.

Old Ones also planned to recreate Dark Towerverse from scratch. But their plan stopped cold by Creatures of the Prim. Creatures like Crimson King. Beings much more powerful than them.

So yeah, I think Old Ones win this battle.

Time Lords have Final Sanction? well, can they collapse all of DW multiverse along with its infinite layers/dimensions itself? That's basically the kind of firepower we're talking about here.

"Time Lords have Final Sanction? well, can they collapse all of DW multiverse along with its infinite layers/dimensions itself? That's basically the kind of firepower we're talking about here."

Final Sanction destroys Time Vortex, but it cannot destroy full multiverse because it cannot touch Six-Fold Realm (this reality is beyond Time Vortex).

Doctor Who - The End of Time Part 2 - The Final Days of the War
Doctor Who - The End of Time Part 2 - The Final Days of the War.

"Btw this is Pre Time War era Time Lords or Post Time War Time Lords?

Time War era Time Lords.

@Become the strongestMy mistake. Dark Tower only has 600 floors. With a higher floor is infinitely greater than the previous (beings of lower floor cant comprehend beings of higher floors) so Old Ones arent equal of the Glory. If we go by tiering They'd be at 1-B

hmm, that so... Beams did hold alignment of size, dimension and time together across The Dark Tower though. And Old Ones 'recreated' Twelve Guardians (actually said Guardians are only 'solar cells' who received their power from Real Guardians).

Anyway, I rest my case, Onl Ones aren't equal to Glory, if Old Ones lost to Time Lords then so be it.

Old Ones are able to win this one anyway. We know know the huge contingent of Chronovores/Eternals can pass thru Transduction Barrier:

Once the Chronovores have left the Earth a

desiccated husk, where next? Wherever she creates these

alternate realities, the Divine Host will follow.' He threw a

hand in the air. 'Skaro, Telos, Gallifrey, even. This has to

stop.'

'It cannot be stopped. No one in this reality can stand

before the Divine Host and survive.'

This is older than dirt, but I suppose I'll throw my hat into the fray.

I can't be bothered to read the Time Lords' profile right now. What are they capable of, overall?

They can use living universes as space ships and one-shot small groups of universebusters. Also, they have some more awesome weapons, the strongest one is supposedly multiverse-destroying weapon (the Final Sanction) but it hasn't been used.

I more or less meant the actual Time Lords as a species, but that's definitely good to know nonetheless.

What can they do on an infantry level?

I really need to look into Doctor Who more. The Time Lords are missing a lot of stuff.

They legit have a weapon that can turn things 0-dimensional.

Then there's a virus that rewrites your timestream so you are, always were and always will be their servant.

Time Lords are insane.

Sure seems that way. I can see why this would be considered a fair matchup. lol

What kind of weapons do they have? Infantry level ones, I mean.

Existence erasing guns that work across all of time, though they're usually a last resort.

I need to look into Doctor Who to try and determine what the Time Lords can do, but ma it's so impossible. Doctor Who is freaking huge.

Yeah, that's part of why I haven't watched much of it beyond the David Tennant/Matt Smith episodes. There's a lot of it, and I can only sit in front of Netflix and Hulu for so much time each day.

Also, I went and read a bit of the Time Lords' profile (which still hasn't been updated to fit with the Civilization Tiering System yet, btw), and I find it funny that them and the Old Ones have two complete opposite weapons at their disposal. ("Banshee Bombs" and "The Hush")

Back