• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oh hey another speed upgrade for Fire Emblem

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Bolting

Bolting is present in every universe (Other than Fatesverse, which scales to Awakening in speed) and has been calced at Massively Hypersonic and is a Cloud to Ground lightning tome, the animation is very consistent as a bolt of lightning striking down onto the opponent, the lowest Hit rate is a 60, which is in Sacred Stones, which has been scaled to dodging Bolting in the story and the same Hit rate also appears in Radiant Dawn, the 2nd lowest is 65 in Path of Radiance, which of course would be a little slower than the characters in Radiant Dawn as they should have gotten stronger

The highest Hit Rate is 80, appearing in Genealogy of the Holy War, yet the 2nd highest, 70, appears in Binding Blade as well as Thracia 776, which happens at the same time as Genealogy of the Holy War

While I do realize that Hit rates are just game mechanics, these all appear in the story and the main characters DO have to dodge them as they have to complete the story, which should scale to their allies

This will put FE at a solid Massively Hypersonic due to scaling to people who have dodged Bolting, FE is more consistent than I thought....perhaps the single world (other than probably Fates) theory could be true...

I mentioned this at the bottom of the OP, I only used Hit rates to get a general idea of this

Bolting DOES use a different animation in every non-gba game, but it's still consistent as a cloud to ground lightning bolt

Except the problem is that in PoR and RD it appears on the map, rather than in a battle sequence

Or perhaps use the regular dodging animation for PoR and RD

Also FE4 characters do appear in FE5, so it should scale even more than scaling Mystery to Awakening

We can't use a '2d' dodging animation for an attack that comes from the top of the screen. '3d'

And no, FE4/5 have too many contradictions in lore for it to be scaled to akaneia

Not mentioning that it uses yet another animation and that Seliph and the rest do not scale to the naga bloodline either.

FE 4/5 are in the same universe as 1 - 3 and Awakening, just on a different continent

PoR and RD will just be extremely difficult....

We dont know that.

It wss only mentioned on a interview, and word of god is only considered if it makes sense in canon.

For example, we dont habe ftl harry potter here even if Rowling said the spells were ftl.

Not mention they must be calced again.

Who's to say that the continent DOES exist in Awakening, just that the Awakening party had no business there and never went to it, perhaps it's even on the other side of the planet

The continent exists as Naga has even GONE TO the continent in a human form, which is how the Naga bloodline was created

I could say Mystery of the Emblem isn't canon by saying that they describe Naga as a male, while FE 4/5 and Awakening potray Naga as female

Maybe god dragons just dont have genders.

Another thing is that Mila and Duma are legit gods and never mention Naga ever, yet they are somewhat canon.

Did Mila "pass away" in the falchion in Awakening and Mystery of the emblem? Who knows. it doesnt make sense.

So, they must be separated.

Heroes, while not canon, kind of supports this.

Naga isn't a god tho

Maybe Alm's Falchion isn't the same Falchion, as Alm is even on a separate continent

That's what i am saying.

So, in conclusion.

Both versions of bolting must be calced. And FE4 doesnt scale to Akaneia because of lore.

But Naga DID go to the continent, who's to say that Naga didn't just go back to Akaneia after she was done with what she was doing in Jugdral, manaketes can fly, and she's even sort of floating when she appears in Awakening

Due to Naga's love for humanity, it doesn't seem far-fetched for her to intervene in the affairs of humans on other continents, and perhaps Mila and Duma just never bothered to mention Naga because they are above her and are actually gods and Naga is just some strong manakete that loves humanity

Meteor was accepted and it wasn't in Awakening, it's in the same universe as people who dodged meteor, which is why it was accepted

Well, maybe Bolting should be calced for these games

Also

Here's how scaling works then

Naga is currently Hypersonic

Grima is Naga's equal

Loptyr is also equal to Naga

Medeus is also equal to Naga

This would scale to FE 1-5 and Awakening due to battling Medeus, Loptyr, and Grima

The Holy Weapon users are able to battle Loptyr possessed Julius

They SHOULD BE comparable to their allies in speed, as they can all dodge the same attacks

Endgame Awakening Robin and Awakened Chrom were able to dodge attacks from Grima (Naga even says to just rush Grima as he'll summon minions forever, meaning if you go into a straight line you would eventually end up in Grima's line of fire), Their allies should be just as fast for being able to dodge the same attacks at or around the same rate canonically, seeing as certain characters will live through the entire game (Like Frederick, for example, will always survive, even if killed in gameplay, it's also implied that all units appear in battle when the appear in the cutscenes after the battle, and iirc Lissa and Frederick always appear) Owain, Inigo, and Severa also have to survive, as they appear in Fates

Marth and co. had to be able to dodge Medeus' attacks in Book 1, seeing as they have appearances in Book 2, characters that appear in sequels or prequels are immediately considered to have dodged these attacks and/or tanked them

Loptry shouldnt scale to naga imo, since there is a lot of info implying they are pretty separate. Not to mention you STILL have not calced FE4's bolting. Sorry, but based on reasons above, i see no logical way this should scale to akaneia. Chrom's best dodging feat was a lightning bolt Grima threw at him in that one cutscene, and that was calced that hypersonic some months ago.

I don't know how to calc pixels, nor do I have a device that I'd be able to do that on. (Unless you can tell me how to do that on mobile devices, which would be great)

Back