• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OFF CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's specifically converting energy into matter, usually that isn't the case in verses. Both Bambu and DMUA (and myself) agreed it's fine to keep so it shouldn't be an issue imo.

I am also seriously starting to believe Purification is just a byproduct of the way OFF's world works.

"I'm the creator of Zone 1, it ain't nothing without me!" - Dedan, which sounds vague but I do think it's way more literal than it seems. Considering it's stated that the Guardians themselves shape the Zones, I think the reason they are turned into a white-ish void after the Guardians die is simply that they are no longer there to sustain them. The "purification" that is in progress in every battle is just an euphemism for killing, and the "purificatory personification" deal is likely metaphorical- he brings forth the purification of the zones, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the one doing it.

I also doubt the Existance Erasure part. With the one Elsen surviving it by hiding, and the fact that Mortis Ghost stated, about the Secretaries: "They are more like machine-keepers who attacks everyone they see in the purified zones." which kinda makes me think they are the ones who cleared them of the Elsen.

More damningly, here's another question and his reply: "Did the colors just vanish with each guardian and did the secretaries just appear and sort of KILL EVERYONE > Huuum.... Yes. This is quite obvious in the game. And it don't explain anything. Don't worry I don't think you're spoiling mysteries." He clearly seems to agree that Secretaries are the ones doing the killing.

Anyway, here's some other stuff he said that would make minor changes to the profiles:

"Elsens are human, and Sugar too. Enoch and Zacharie also are" - stuff for Classification

"Does the Batter have feelings? I ... Suppose ... he does. But he's quite a monster, I don't think he've got the sames than us. He's just obsessed by his quest." - Maybe limited Empathic Manip resistance?

"Is there any story behind the pictures of Zacharie where he has wings and a sword ? > I was bored in classroom. It don't have more sense than this." - Equipment Removal for Zacharie
what are the sources for some of these statements?

I know it sounds unprofessional, but I don't know how to properly link them so just scroll down enough in his Deviantart page's comments and you'll find them, a faster way might be to simply hit Load More until it no longer can then CTRL + F the quotes.

bump- i'd really appreciate opinions on what i brought up from anyone

bump i'm boutta ping literally everyone who contributed in this thread

it's not a bluff yknow it's legit the only way i see to get any progress in this

bro ive already posted it on discord 4 times

I am also seriously starting to believe Purification is just a byproduct of the way OFF's world works.

"I'm the creator of Zone 1, it ain't nothing without me!" - Dedan, which sounds vague but I do think it's way more literal than it seems. Considering it's stated that the Guardians themselves shape the Zones, I think the reason they are turned into a white-ish void after the Guardians die is simply that they are no longer there to sustain them. The "purification" that is in progress in every battle is just an euphemism for killing, and the "purificatory personification" deal is likely metaphorical- he brings forth the purification of the zones, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the one doing it.

I also doubt the Existance Erasure part. With the one Elsen surviving it by hiding, and the fact that Mortis Ghost stated, about the Secretaries: "They are more like machine-keepers who attacks everyone they see in the purified zones." which kinda makes me think they are the ones who cleared them of the Elsen.

More damningly, here's another question and his reply: "Did the colors just vanish with each guardian and did the secretaries just appear and sort of KILL EVERYONE > Huuum.... Yes. This is quite obvious in the game. And it don't explain anything. Don't worry I don't think you're spoiling mysteries." He clearly seems to agree that Secretaries are the ones doing the killing.

Anyway, here's some other stuff he said that would make minor changes to the profiles:

"Elsens are human, and Sugar too. Enoch and Zacharie also are" - stuff for Classification

"Does the Batter have feelings? I ... Suppose ... he does. But he's quite a monster, I don't think he've got the sames than us. He's just obsessed by his quest." - Maybe limited Empathic Manip resistance?

"Is there any story behind the pictures of Zacharie where he has wings and a sword ? > I was bored in classroom. It don't have more sense than this." - Equipment Removal for Zacharie
No to Empath resist. Neutral on Zacharie point. Other stuff good.

@Andytrenom @DMUA
I've been treating people on the level of the Queen as 4-C/B but I'm not 100% sold on it myself. In fact, 4-B might be bunk as it is very likely she did not create it, and sustaining it wouldn't work off E=mc^2 no matter what.
I am seriously starting to believe Purification is just a byproduct of the way OFF's world works.

Apologies for ping, but I believe it's the only way we can get to a conclusion. What are your opinions on this?

I think it should just be 4-C

Honestly yeah Purification seems like a thing that just happens

Everything else seems fine

Appreciate it. Although personally I'd word it as At least 5-B, likely 4-C, but I don't mind either way.

Anyway, DMUA's fine with everything, Bambu's against empathic manip. unless either of the two feels like making an argument I'll probably let that one sit for now and apply the rest.

He's straight up stated to not have the same emotions as a normal human, I think it's safe to say that's likely to mess with conventional uses of the power

Yeah, I'd classify that as "limited" or "unconventional" or something.

Yeah, I'd classify that as "limited" or "unconventional" or something.
Unconventional, sure, I guess, but stuff that manipulates emotions in a supernatural way should affect him fine unless proven otherwise. He still has emotions, after all.

Probably, but it depends on how it works- if it's merely subjecting him to something sad beyond measure instead of just putting the sadness in his head I think he'd be able to resist it or react differently to it.

Anyway it seems like we reached enough of an agreement, I'll finish up the edits by the end of this week (hopefully)

I just looked at the first rendition of The Judge profile, my God it was hideous and burnt my eyes

Eh, old wiki standards were what they were, I can't blame the person who originally made it.

Hmm...I'm a little curious, wouldn't the Batter also possess Soul Manipulation?

Considering that he is able to harm and kill, or in OFF's terms, purify the Spectres? Which are literal ghosts/souls?

Last edited:
Hmm...I'm a little curious, wouldn't the Batter also possess Soul Manipulation?

Considering that he is able to harm and kill, or in OFF's terms, purify the Spectres? Which are literal ghosts/souls?
Just to address things, hurting/killing ghosts/souls is just NPI if they're out in the open and you just smack them to death
As OFF is possibly Undertale-level of vagueness, references is needed.
Operating under the assumption you did realize this was a 2-year old post, which you probably didn't, I don't have them on hand and while I don't fully agree with everything I put on them I don't have much interest in re-revising the profiles, but if you need anything in particular I can probably go fish it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back