• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oblivion VS Mother Night

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Two Embodiments of Nothingness from rival comic book publishers

Both 1-A (Discouraged, not disallowed I believe)

Battle takes place in an empty pocket universe.

FIGHT

Oblivio : 1

Mother Night : 1

Inconclusive: 1

Monarch Laciel said:
Both 1-A (Discouraged, not disallowed I belive)
yeah, only 'discouraged', but still difficult to determine who's stronger. Because IMO, both are same thing. Both are nothingness, and both made physical reality possible.

Mother Night : "It begins, as we all begin, in darkness. There is pain. The pain is unimportant, and I ignore it. There is solitude. The solitude may destroy me. And greater than the pain, greater even than the solitude, there is NOTHING. A vastness of nothing, a place of no light, no information. I am trapped inside a black hole. I am removed from the worlds. I reach out with my mind and I touch nothing and no one: No dreaming minds, no pictures, no emotions, no thought, no life... Time is dissolved in the darkness."
I... am leaning towards Oblivion a little though... because I like his illustration better than Mother Night's, hehe.

For the fight itself I only see 'inconclusive' IMO.

mmm..., question, not that all 1-A fights are banned here? :I

well, both are Boundless of Dimensional, space, Time, etc,...perosnal, i think this is a trully Loop, no one win or lose, his feats for me are equal...

this is not like...Nya (Demon o Cthu) that by beters feats she/he win .v

First firment is obviously 1A alongside with oblivion but Night dwarfs the other 1A's like Time , The Source and few 1A abstracts in DC . The only people stronger then the Night are Great Evil Beast , Yahweh , lucifer ( who one shotted logoz who made The Spectre 1A entity by merging him with the void ) .

AndrewBennet said:
Mother night easily.She dwarfs his husband 1AFather Time in power while oblivion is like the only 1 A in marvel .
Actualy:

LuckyCharmingStar said:
http://imgur.com/a/BZlJ3

v
and The Spectre 1-A? LOL, its not a hiperbole, Outlier or Plot-moment?

1-A is just simply beyond all dimensional measure. High 1-A is being tier 0 with a limitation or someone higher. High 1-A and above is banned, however just simple 1-A should not..

Gargoyle 1 said:
^Actually, post retcon TOAA, and there's a new one coming
1-A "Post-Retcon" TOAA is no longer a thing. His profile got revised weeks ago.

Who is this "new one" however?

Extreme123dz said:
AndrewBennet said:
Mother night easily.She dwarfs his husband 1AFather Time in power while oblivion is like the only 1 A in marvel .
Actualy:

LuckyCharmingStar said:
http://imgur.com/a/BZlJ3
v
and The Spectre 1-A? LOL, its not a hiperbole, Outlier or Plot-moment?
It wasn't a part of his own power and its an outlier for spectre because he haven't shown anywhere near in other storylines . He was empowered by the logoz a concept created by the presence that ( sang creation in to the being ) which made him merge with the overvoid which is beyond all the other voids like Pralaya , Night and great evil beast outside the creation .

1-A "Post-Retcon" TOAA is no longer a thing. His profile got revised weeks ago.

Who is this "new one" however?

Never Queen

AndrewBennet said:
Why ? She is stated to exist outside the creation that would be easily likely 1A
sometimes Exist Ouside the Creation or Everiting is not a Valid argument to be a 1-A Beings, see Philemon from Megami Tensei :v

AndrewBennet said:
Ok . Then why is first firament is also rated as high 1b ?
similar to Up a beings like Multi-Eternity but she not supras/tracedent all Dualism, Boundaries, all Spacee-Times, Dimensions, etc.

Oblivion is lowest tier 1A being compared to 1A's in DC while Night dwrafs other mid tier 1A's in DC and created all the endless . She stomps

Oblivion should take this comforably, via being fuctonally & descriptively identical to the Primal Monitor. Both are the source of all creation (including other cosmic entities), both are bound only by their cosmologies' tier 0's, Both see all beings (Abstracts included) as nothing but Fiction/Phantoms, and both are virtually featless via being beyond the need to actually do anything.

Oblivion's avatar (Chaos King) was shown to be beyond anything else that exist in Marvel's Multiverse. So if Oblivion's Avatar > All of Marvel while Night Mother herslf can be beaten by the Presence (which is just fiction to the Primal Monitor) then Oblivion should be orders of magnatude greater then Night Mother.

for all we know, oblivion could be high 1-A. he has no weaknesses and has basically no limits from what we've seen. but since he's the only 1-A character in marvel, we have no clue exactly how powerful he is.

Night should win in a curb stomp. She is superior to pralaya who is powerful then voice of god aka creator who has several 1A embodiments like logos , the source etc and likely superior to her husband time . While oblivion seems to be the only baseline 1A being in Marvel which makes him look insignificant compared to the likes of Night who is stronger then 1A's in creation.

So imo Night should win this matchup 10/10 times.

Because he is. He doesn't sscale to ANY 1-A's from Marvel , he is just her own. I am currently looking for Outerversal characters, and while i found a few Outerversal planes, i haven't found any outerversal Marvel Characters. The closest i got was Alteza & Altez , who existed outside of Marvel and controlled the reality ebyond it, but they are too contradictory to add here, so i am looking for more.

Night is apparently connected to Overmind , so she may be higher, but i am uncertain of this.

Andrew, if you can support your claims with scans, that would be appreciated

The 2nd Existential Seed... Can you draw any relevent differences between Oblivion & Overmonitor?

Both fit the exact definition of High 1A listed on the site. Both gave rise to absolutly everything in their cosmologies except the Tier 0's, both are stated to see other abstracts as fiction, both have absolutly no weaknesses or rivals, both have/can never be defeated via their very natures. Both are described as "The Void" that all existance was born from.

It's also specitically stated in the definition that one doesn't have to be superior to/have other 1A's in their own verse to be counted as High 1A and that doing so woulnd't atomoticly make them High 1A.

since there's only one 1-A in marvel, we have no clue how powerful oblivion really is. for all we know, he could be the weakest 1-A on this site, or the strongest 1-A on this site. but yes, oblivion has no known equals nor does he have any weaknesses, he seems to be completely limitless (restricted only by TOAA) and everything is fiction in his eyes. he really seems to fit the description of a high 1-A character. he reminds me of yog sothoth. the only problem is that there are no other 1-A's in marvel to scale him. he's obviously going to be the strongest in marvel (besides TOAA) because everyone else is high 1-B at best

never said that oblivion is high 1-A. i just said that its probable that he is. he seems really similar to characters like the primal monitor or yog sothoth, and he also has no weaknesses or equals/superiors (besides TOAA of course). but to assume that oblivion is baseline 1-A just because he's the only 1-A in marvel is ridiculous.

@Extensial seed

Oblivion according to the site is currently listed as a only 1A being in Marvel and his description only fits him as a baseline 1A being similar to Night. There are handbooks which actually shows about oblivion being limited to chronal dimension and being below living tribunal but his other showings puts him at 1A .

Primal Monitor was high 1A even before they upgraded DC tiers from low 1B to 1A's . If you want to argue about Oblivion being high 1A you can argue here

Much like oblivion , Night predates all version of creations and existed before the concept of creations .She is stated to be superior to another 1A entities and arguably the source who is created alongside with the universe . According to Matthew and Azzy Night is considered as faar superior to pralaya who herself is another 1A entity that predates the creator an aspect of god .

Primal Monitor nor oblivion simply doesn't beat all the high 1A's and 1A's due to simply being just below the omnipotent characters . If you take lovecraft for example e High 1A like Yog are created by even higher 1A's such as nameless mist etc .

If anyone wants to argue about high 1A oblivion

You can argue here

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/853106.

Mother Night, plus there's no way Oblivion can kill Mother Night with her true-godly regen (compared to Oblivion's high-godly)

Back