• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They were told by kakashi, and they did see the finger, the only genjutsu that is sight based is sharingan genjutsu, his finger genjutsu did not affect kakashi, sakura and chiyo because those 3 were not its target

There is any proof Itachi use finger genjutsu on other than Naruto in Kazekage Rescue Arc? I'm just curious.

Obito could resist most of Itachi's genjutsu.

Unforgiven0815 said:
Where was it said that only Naruto was intended to be affected by it.
burden of proof, there were no showings of them being affected at all, so burden of proof is on you to show that they were

Where is the proof?

I never said they were affected by it, I said they weren't tricked and didn't even bother at looking at his finger.

yes, but again ,even if he did point at all of them withhis finger, despite it being heavly hinted by dialouge that it was naruto only, it would make no logical sense for all of them to be affected, as it is not an aoe genjutsu (only sound and touch based genjutsu has been shown to have aoe effect)

Why would it only be able to affect Naruto, the finger is visible for everyone who was there, they simply did not look at it, Naruto did and was caught in it while the others bothered putting him out of it while Kakashi was fighting Itachi.

no, kakashi directly looked at it.

And again, genjutsu is putting chakra into someone and controlling theire nervous system, and this is not an aoe genjutsu.

no, he is shown to look at the hand, the same hand that itachi parried with, and again, your point does not stand, by burden of proof, you have to prove that looking at it is enough to be affected by it

Ricsi-viragosi said:
by burden of proof, you have to prove that looking at it is enough to be affected by it
You ignore this? and we can use the anime as long as it does not contradict anything

are you ignoring this on porpuse?
That's literally the attack? "This technique allows Itachi to put his opponent within a genjutsu by using his finger as a medium. This induces the genjutsu."

Naruto looked at it, the others didn't. He was affected by it, the others weren't. And being caught in it doesn't mean not being able to break out of it.

Especially not when the opponent is way more experienced and resistent to Genjutsus.

where did you get the quote from? because you would know that sharingan only uses sight based genjutsu, alll other forms simply put your chakra into others. and that does not prove that its aoe.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
where did you get the quote from? because you would know that sharingan only uses sight based genjutsu, alll other forms simply put your chakra into others. and that does not prove that its aoe.
It's literally shown in the panel as well in every page where you search for the attack. There is not much known about it because Kishi.

Where was it said that the Sharingan can only use Sight Based Genjutsus?

We don't really know if a Sharingan is required for it.

Unforgiven0815 said:
It's literally shown in the panel as well in every page where you search for the attack.

Where was it said that the Sharingan can only use Sight Based Genjutsus?
again, does it state that its aoe or sight based?

and no, i did not say that, I said that the sharingan is the only sight based genjutsu we are shown in the series. But yes, ithe sharingan does not work whitout eyesight with the exemption of izanami and izanagi

There's no other explanation as to how the attack would affect you other than by looking at it and anything else is bs.

Didn't Madara use Susanno without his eyes?

no, no buddy, kurenai can use it too, evenm whitout you seeing her doing anything special, you are ASSUMING and expecting me to takje your assumption any more seriusly then fanfiction

That is genjutsu how?

Wait, now you're saying that he could just use it without doing anything special aka pointing a finger at you? Didn't you say before that he'd have to trick Obito into looking at his finger?

Please tell me how Itachi puts others in the Finger Genjutsu other than having them to look at it, I'm all ear.

The next thing you're going to tell me is that Itachi's a Reality Warper.

did you not read kurenai? He needs to use the finger as a focus, but that does not meant that the enemy needs to look at it. THe trick I talked about was directly at what he did to kakashi, jump in front of his eyes to use tsukoyomi

the same way kabuto uses genjutsu on an entire stadion of people whitout them looking

Izanami is realitry warping

"Kurenai can use it too."

Where'd ya find out that the enemy doesn't have to look at Itachi's finger? I'm curious.

Yea, Tsukuyomi which wouldn't work against Obito.

Yea, the Genjutsu a Part 1 Sakura resisted.

Fair enough, lol.

no, no buddy, kurenai can use it too, even whitout you seeing her doing anything special,

The even whitout is to rapresent it as an addition, the too was for genjutsu.

YOu have no proof of that, it worked on sasuke, so the whole resistin to an extent is not arguable either.

Yes, but its potency is not my point is it? its that you dont need to see it to be affected by it

Itachi did NOT use the Finger Genjutsu on Sasuke.

That's also you making an assumption. If you don't have to look at it to be affected then why does he point a finger at you to begin with, why didn't he try to use it on Tobi&why didn't he use it on Kabuto if it's so iNvInCiBlE and not even Obito can resist it in your opinion.

not the finger one, but he still lolnopes his resistance.

I do not have to prove a negative, seriusly, burden of proof, look it up

Also, you want to get on to characters not using theire hax well enough in naruto? when obito could have stolen naruto as a kid? or the other unnomerabel amount of thngs he could do to win?

did you read the lower half at the bottom? with how it is because of hatered? And how he was forced into it for seconds, under which obito could die?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Also, you want to get on to characters not using theire hax well enough in naruto? when obito could have stolen naruto as a kid? or the other unnomerabel amount of thngs he could do to win?
Nobody knows if Kishi already thought of him back then and it'a stated that Kurama had to be the last one for the Gedo Maze.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
did you read the lower half at the bottom? with how it is because of hatered? And how he was forced into it for seconds, under which obito could die?
Hebi Sasuke is obviously way weaker than Obito so he would be quicker at being able to resist it.

Back