• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obanai & Tengen vs Daki & Gyutaro (0-0-0)

Catbowtie

Any/All

Or: What if Obanai made it on time?

Assumptions:​

Speed Un-equalized.
All combatants are In-Character
Obanai's Demon Slayer Mark & Bright Red Nichirin Sword are restricted.
Tengen has Class 25 Lifting Strength.
Daki starts without Gyutaro but can summon him at any time.
Location of battle takes place in a human populated Yoshiwara. The location can be left at any time.
Prior Knowledge of the location is afforded to the combatants that would canonically have Prior Knowledge about Yoshiwara.
Obanai & Tengen start one hundred meters away from Daki.
Otherwise, Standard Battle Assumptions.​

Obanai & Tengen
Daki & Gyutaro
Inconclusive

Gyutaro is objectively above Tengen and friends by statements from Muzan. Daki is absolutely fodder here, so it's a matter if Obanai can close the strength gap to cut off Gyutaro's head.

To answer your question: Poison.

Uh, the Hashira bully Daki and then jump Gyutaro the moment he appears? Not really seeing what Upper 6 can do here.
Basically. Obanai is above Gyutaro right?

Gyutaro is objectively above Tengen and friends by statements from Muzan.
Yea he could only "match" him after finishing his musical score which allows him to predict his attacks, however he can clash with the guy but is far from strong enough to behead him himself to put him down.

Daki is absolutely fodder here,
Indeed. It would be funny to watch Zenitsu, Inosuke and Tanjiro handle her while Obanai and Gyutaro are jjk jumping Gyutaro.

so it's a matter if Obanai can close the strength gap to cut off Gyutaro's head.
Indeed. At best, Tengen is gonna be support to help Obanai get close and finish the job.

Obanai is above Gyutaro right?
Obanai is comparable to Mitsuri, who is superior to Tanjiro in the Swordsmith Village Arc. (Scaling Chain: Obanai = Mitsuri > Swordsmith Village Arc Tanjiro > Post-Entertainment District Tanjiro) That Tanjiro surpassed the Entertainment District Tanjiro who fought Gyutaro. So Obanai can slice off Gyutaro's neck, but I wouldn't say he's conclusively above him.

Indeed. It would be funny to watch Zenitsu, Inosuke and Tanjiro handle her while Obanai and Gyutaro are jjk jumping Gyutaro.
It would've made this match a stomp in the Demon Slayer Corp's favor.

Indeed. At best, Tengen is gonna be support to help Obanai get close and finish the job.
Gyutaro dogs Tengen and then it's really Obanai vs Gyutaro (Plus Daki but she does nothing) until Tengen gets his sh*t together (Musical Score)

I feel as though Tengen & Obanai lose here.

Obanai is comparable to Mitsuri, who is superior to Tanjiro in the Swordsmith Village Arc. (Scaling Chain: Obanai = Mitsuri > Swordsmith Village Arc Tanjiro > Post-Entertainment District Tanjiro) That Tanjiro surpassed the Entertainment District Tanjiro who fought Gyutaro. So Obanai can slice off Gyutaro's neck, but I wouldn't say he's conclusively above him.
I see, got it.

It would've made this match a stomp in the Demon Slayer Corp's favor.
Indeed.

Gyutaro dogs Tengen
True.

Tengen gets his sh*t together (Musical Score)
It should be easier for him to adapt right? He isnt fighting gyutaro himself but watching obanai and him fight. It should give him time to analyze and jump in to parry and block gyutaro's attacks for Obanai to do the finishing blow, decacipating gyutaro.
This is assuming Obanai can fight on par with gyutaro until then. Most likely Tengen would request Obanai to keep gyutaro busy for the time being for Tengen to get his shit together (Musical Score) and accomplish what i mentioned above.

I feel as though Tengen & Obanai lose here
It really depends on Obanai's stamina to hold off Gyutaro until Tengen does his stuff ngl. Daki's gonna sit there and watch the movie cuz as we know she's a nezuko victim.

It should be easier for him to adapt right? He isnt fighting gyutaro himself but watching obanai and him fight. It should give him time to analyze and jump in to parry and block gyutaro's attacks for Obanai to do the finishing blow, decacipating gyutaro.
This is assuming Obanai can fight on par with gyutaro until then. Most likely Tengen would request Obanai to keep gyutaro busy for the time being for Tengen to get his shit together (Musical Score) and accomplish what i mentioned above.
How I see it is in the following chain of evens:

1. Obanai & Tengen no difficulty slam Daki

2. Daki summons Gyutaro

3. Obanai & Tengen vs Gyutaro
    • Obanai & Tengen would be on the back foot versus Gyutaro. Obanai is comparable but below Mitsuri, Mitsuri is below Tengen in the strength board. Obanai wouldn't be doing anything that Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke hasn't done because Tanjiro by himself is superior to Obanai. The only thing Obanai has over the three is skill and Kaburamaru. Tengen's Explosive Beads also hinders their teamwork, because they're explosives. It'd pretty much be the same thing in canon, as Obanai would be constantly no difficulty slamming Daki while Tengen is fighting Gyutaro. Gyutaro, at some points in the fight, will fight Obanai as Gyutaro In-Character protects his sister. Obanai would be fine here as his own skill and Kaburamaru would allow him to adapt to Gyutaro's mantis-like figting style.

The main problem here is when Gyutaro eventually hits Tengen & Obanai with poison, the match turns into a timer to see if they can cut off Daki's and Gyutaro's head before they die to poison. I can confidently say that Obanai dies within seconds of Gyutaro hitting him with his poison. Obanai explicitly states that poison works faster because of his small body (I didn't find the Scan but I can look for it upon being requested) Gyutaro's poison is so potent that even a Tengen, who has higher resistance to Poison Manipulation than Obanai, was still getting messed up by the poison.

My memory's hazy on the Tengen & Gyutaro fight, but right around when Tengen has to play dead to reset his heart is when they've officially lost. Obanai simply does not have any feats to say that he could stop his heart and even if Obanai does survive, Daki would ironically be useful here as even if the duo still had juice in them to blitz and stomp Daki, Gyutaro would've simply put his head back on and they would die to poison.

How I see it is in the following chain of evens:

1. Obanai & Tengen no difficulty slam Daki

2. Daki summons Gyutaro

3. Obanai & Tengen vs Gyutaro
    • Obanai & Tengen would be on the back foot versus Gyutaro. Obanai is comparable but below Mitsuri, Mitsuri is below Tengen in the strength board. Obanai wouldn't be doing anything that Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke hasn't done because Tanjiro by himself is superior to Obanai. The only thing Obanai has over the three is skill and Kaburamaru. Tengen's Explosive Beads also hinders their teamwork, because they're explosives. It'd pretty much be the same thing in canon, as Obanai would be constantly no difficulty slamming Daki while Tengen is fighting Gyutaro. Gyutaro, at some points in the fight, will fight Obanai as Gyutaro In-Character protects his sister. Obanai would be fine here as his own skill and Kaburamaru would allow him to adapt to Gyutaro's mantis-like figting style.

The main problem here is when Gyutaro eventually hits Tengen & Obanai with poison, the match turns into a timer to see if they can cut off Daki's and Gyutaro's head before they die to poison. I can confidently say that Obanai dies within seconds of Gyutaro hitting him with his poison. Obanai explicitly states that poison works faster because of his small body (I didn't find the Scan but I can look for it upon being requested) Gyutaro's poison is so potent that even a Tengen, who has higher resistance to Poison Manipulation than Obanai, was still getting messed up by the poison.

My memory's hazy on the Tengen & Gyutaro fight, but right around when Tengen has to play dead to reset his heart is when they've officially lost. Obanai simply does not have any feats to say that he could stop his heart and even if Obanai does survive, Daki would ironically be useful here as even if the duo still had juice in them to blitz and stomp Daki, Gyutaro would've simply put his head back on and they would die to poison.
Wouldn’t serpent breathing help avoid Gyutaro attacks since it about flexible twist and turns which is meant to deal with difficult attacks?

That's correct, but the thing is that Obanai's going to get hit one way or another. When two people are fighting, the moment a person attacks, they forgo their defenses. Take this video for example. There's going to be times in the fight where Obanai or Kaburamaru simply wouldn't foresee Gyutaro's Flying Blood Sickles turning around one-eighty and hitting him from behind, or small chips that Gyutaro can get off on Obanai that is simply a fair hit. Sure, Kaburamaru can predict attacks, but it only goes as far as the current knowledge they have. Obanai's Serpent Breathing is just mimicking a serpent. I hold the opinion that it's not all that special. Both sides are comparable in skill, so there's nothing to say that Gyutaro wouldn't be able to hit Obanai even with his techniques.

Gyutaro is able to perception blitz Tengen while saving his sister in the process. Obanai is above Mitsuri in speed. Mitsuri is comparable but superior to Tengen in "technique speed." The urban environment will help up until Gyutaro decides to start using his Blood Demon Art. Obanai's Serpent Breathing does help in a desolated environment, but by that point, the poison from Gyutaro's blade would've already taken it's effect. I don't think that Obanai would be able to dodge every single attack from Gyutaro. From Daki? I agree, but when Gyutaro's summoned and when Gyutaro gets an opening to leave the battle between him and Tengen to go help his sister, he will inevitably hit Obanai. There can be arguments made for Obanai that he will be hit later rather than sooner, but I believe that Gyutaro will hit Obanai in their second to third encounter with one another. Obanai's Serpent Breathing and Kaburamaru's Precognition would be able to hold him over until Gyutaro starts, well, thinking and using his Blood Demon Arts. Gyutaro would tell that Obanai is blind and Kaburamaru is helping him. I think this would be possible for him because he learned how to dodge Tengen's explosives and correctly deduced the underlying motive of Hinatsuru's kunai barrage. I don't think he'd instantly understand what Kaburamaru is even doing there, but he would have a vague idea that it's helping Obanai in some way. Even if he doesn't deduce what Kaburamaru does, he'd try to kill it to be safe since he would know that Kaburamaru is helping Obanai.
Obanai never had an opponent attack Kaburamaru instead of him, so it would be initially unexpected. Kaburmaru can be seen—at certain points—a
little ahead of Obanai's head. He's also around his neck. Gyutaro is capable enough to get close enough to Obanai to hit his neck area (Gyutaro decided to cut Tengen's eye for obvious reasons) He'd take that moment to attack Kaburamaru instead of Obanai.

Obanai slams uppermoon 6 by himself

Even before he got the mark he was keeping up with the rest of the Hashira who were all Muichiro level at that point

Mui casually stomped UM5

Obanai slams uppermoon 6 by himself

Even before he got the mark he was keeping up with the rest of the Hashira who were all Muichiro level at that point

Mui casually stomped UM5
Assuming you're referring to the Hashira Training Arc & Post-Demon Slayer Mark Muichiro, the bolded statement is not true. The purpose of the Arc was specifically to get Muichiro's Demon Slayer Mark. None of the Hashira were comparable to Muichiro at that time up until they were able to manifest a Demon Slayer Mark.

The italicized statement is true, but the scaling doesn't apply. It'd go more like this:

Hashira ≤ Gyokko (I'm sure Gyomei and Sanemi could pull out a win on Gyokko but it'd be a very equal match) < Demon Slayer Mark Muichiro (Muichiro stomps everyone lesser than him) = Marked Hashira

Obanai wouldn't get Demon Slayer Mark Muichiro scaling because no Hashira was on his level at that time. If you're referring to all of the Hashira training with each other, then I'm sure that Muichiro wasn't going full-power on the Hashira (and I'm pretty sure it would've been stated) and the purpose of the training is completely different from an actual fight.

Assuming you're referring to the Hashira Training Arc & Post-Demon Slayer Mark Muichiro, the bolded statement is not true. The purpose of the Arc was specifically to get Muichiro's Demon Slayer Mark. None of the Hashira were comparable to Muichiro at that time up until they were able to manifest a Demon Slayer Mark.
I’m referring to the Muzan fight, all of the hashira there were relative and keep up with each other
The italicized statement is true, but the scaling doesn't apply. It'd go more like this:

Hashira ≤ Gyokko (I'm sure Gyomei and Sanemi could pull out a win on Gyokko but it'd be a very equal match) < Demon Slayer Mark Muichiro (Muichiro stomps everyone lesser than him) = Marked Hashira
Where are you getting this?? Mui is not the strongest Hashira during the training arc. That was stated to be Gyomei. Which is the reason why he was the one to engage Muzan first (Gyomei blocked Muzan’s blood demon art while Gyokko was casually blitzed by Muzan) He also broke UM1’s sword

Sanemi is also stronger then Mui since he could clash against UM1 while Mui got stomped
Obanai wouldn't get Demon Slayer Mark Muichiro scaling because no Hashira was on his level at that time. If you're referring to all of the Hashira training with each other, then I'm sure that Muichiro wasn't going full-power on the Hashira (and I'm pretty sure it would've been stated) and the purpose of the training is completely different from an actual fight.
Muichiro’s training fights are anime only, those didn’t happen in the manga, and his performance in the infinity castle contradicts the power level he showed in those scenes anyway

I’m referring to the Muzan fight, all of the hashira there were relative and keep up with each other
Huh? I need to watch that.

Where are you getting this?? Mui is not the strongest Hashira during the training arc. That was stated to be Gyomei. Which is the reason why he was the one to engage Muzan first (Gyomei blocked Muzan’s blood demon art while Gyokko was casually blitzed by Muzan) He also broke UM1’s sword

Sanemi is also stronger then Mui since he could clash against UM1 while Mui got stomped
How does this apply to Obanai? (Genuine question)

Muichiro’s training fights are anime only, those didn’t happen in the manga, and his performance in the infinity castle contradicts the power level he showed in those scenes anyway
What is this supposed to mean?

Back