• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nuclear Throne: Overhaul

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
OK, so right now our NT profiles are generally consistent, but the format on them need some changing. I'll go ahead and knock this out before moving to durability.

Format

I like the "via (insert ability)," but I think that it should be explained exactly what it does. No one not familiar with the verse will know how Sharp Teeth counts as Attack Reflections. We need to describe.

Now, for AP, linking to my calc is perfectly fine, but let's describe it. So instead of "via this calc" it should be changed to "these weapons are capable of doing this amount of damage." This flows better and seems more appealing than slapping a raw calc in someone's face.

Durability and Speed should also be explained a bit more in regards to how Rhino Skin and Extra Feet affects the cast. All Stamina, Range, and Intelligence parts have their bold removed, since this is outright wrong.

Throne Butt and it's effects get added to all profiles that much it under notable techniques.

Extra Powers and Abilities from Weapons

It is a good thing that we list off what their abilities and mutations allow them to do, but what about weapons? What weapon the character has can affect how much regen they can ignore, what kind of resistance they fail to, and more.

"But wait, the cast can't hold all the weapons at once! Isn't that a composite-ish profile?" Well, it would be if we assumed they can hold them all. It doesn't mean we can't index the weapon's powers; all we need to do is add a "Can only hold two weapons at once" weakness to their profiles.

So, what powers do the cast gain from weapons and why? Let's break it down.

Homing Attack. Although they already have this, holding a Seeker Shotgun or Seeker Pistol add another method to utilizing Homing Attacks.

Instinctive Attacking. This may be pretty controversial, but this would come from the Smart Gun. The Smart Gun tracks and fires on an opponent with no conscious effort of the mutants. This should qualify as automatic/instinctive attacks. Of course this is only offensive, not defensive, but it should still be valid.

[[Fire Manipulation]|Fire Weaponry]]. Pretty simple. Incinerator, Fire Weapons, and the three Flame Shotguns attack with fire.

Poison Weaponry. Toxic Bow and Toxic Launcher produce deadly poison.

Explosive Weaponry. All explosive weapons.

Blood Weaponry. Blood Launcher, Blood Hammer, and Blood Cannon. Need to explain the functionality of these attacks, since "blood" attacks aren't inherently more powerful or different.

Energy Weaponry. All laser weapons and energy melee weapons. These weapons attack using energy.

Plasma Weaponry. All plasma weapons and Devastator. These weapons fire balls of plasma.

Lightning Weaponry. All lightning weapons. These weapons conduct lightning, which arks off to the opponents instantly in an un-dodge-able fashion.

Attack Reflection. All melee weapons sans Screwdriver. Although they already have this to a lesser extent (which needs to be explained better), the melee weapon reflection is full-on reflection. A turn-around of all projectiles.

Projectile Destruction. Blood Explosions, caused by the blood weapons and Melting's explosions.

Radioactive Weaponry. Ultra weapons. They fire radioactive projectiles, use radiation as an ammo, and some even release rads after hitting.

Added Global Abilities

Regenerationn (Low). This level of Regenerationn is obtained from Bloodlust and are able to consume blood. It should be noted that the mutants gaining health from mechanical targets is pure game mechanics, as the description of the ability directly mentions blood and the game screen says "Drink Blood" when taking this ability.

Removing/Revising Powers and Abilities

Radiation Manipulation should be clarified as Radiation Absorption. All characters except Horror cannot outright attack with and manipulate radiation. Horror retains this ability from his Radiation Beam. It should also be noted that his Rad Beam is strong enough to kill those who literally feed on radiation.

Character-Specific Revisions

• Crystal: None aside from explanation.
  • Eyes: Enhanced Senses mentions he passively has enhanced vision, enabling him to see in the dark.
  • Melting: Projectile Destruction from his Corpse Explosions. He gains this from blood weapons like everyone else, but he is individually capable of doing this without his weapons.
  • Y. V.: Flight nerfed to Levitatio. We never see outright flight, rather a low hovering. Durability rewording.
  • Steroids: Genius Intelligence removed from abilities section. Intelligence lowered from Genius to Gifted (while being a scientist does indeed make you very smart, above the "above average," it does not make you a genius). Mention he is capable of wielding both of his two weapons simultaneously.
  • Robot: Absorption clarified as Consumptio. He cannot just phase them into his body, he must consume them. Intelligence explained more (he is advanced to the point that he passively upgrades weaponry, which even Steroids cannot do).
  • Chicke: Statistics Amplification mentions that, when headless, Chicken's Black Sword gains massive power. Gains Berserk Mode. When headless and carrying her Black Sword, Chicken becomes far more deadly, extending the range and power of her attacks massively. Gains Regenerationn (Mid). Chicken is able to regenerate her head if she is healed or heals herself with Bloodlust. This is notable, since doing so becomes easy with her Black Sword empowerment. Attack Potency changes to higher with Black Sword when headless, since the Black Sword after she loses her head is, by far, the most lethal weapon she possesses. Standard Equipment mentions the Black Sword. Weakness notes that she can only spend a short amount of time headless without regenerating her head. If she cannot consume the blood of others or otherwise heal herself, she bleeds out after several seconds and cannot regenerate.
  • Rebel: Remove Summoning. Rebel's "summoning" is essentially Duplication; she sacrifices her own health to generate a smaller copy of herself that dies later. Gains Duplication for reasons above. Weakness notes her allies die over time.
  • Horror: Regenerationn becomes Regenerationn (Low). Although all characters gain this, it should be noted that Horror has two ways of achieving this. Mention that the Radiation Beam is powerful enough to kill beings who feed off of radiation.
Durability against Explosions

All mutants gain "at least Large Building level with Boiling Veins against explosions and fire" durability for being immune to the most powerful conventional explosion in the game, the Nuke Launcher. I decided not to include Rogue's Portal Strikes, since she isn't universal and is character-specific.

Verse Page/Verse Wide

Re-order the mutants and bosses to all be in alphabetical order.

REMOVE boss pages. Yes, I mean this. Their pages viciously downplay them, since the only scale to the grenade launcher, and anything more would be game mechanics, and their AP is virtually non-existent. Pretty much the only thing we can discover from them is game mechanics, and they have nothing notable.

Change mutant names to remove "(Nuclear Throne)" when unneeded. Most characters do not have other characters in the same spot vying for the name, so adding the verse in the name is superfluous and makes linking them tedious. Some do, however, need this, so this is case-by-case for the cast.

ThePerpetual said:
This all seems fair to me, as far as I can tell.
I've invited the supporters, but I am glad to hear another neutral staff member approving of these changes.

I don't have much data so i'll be quick. I agree with most of this but the boss profiles i disagree with. I believe they have indeed been downplayed but simply adding a note saying their profile is fully game mechanivs is fine imo. I mean if you were gonna remove profiles for downplaying then we'd be here all day. Also i would like to ask at a later date if we could include some gun godz stuff ti YV's profile. Will rejoin conversation in a few days

Alright.

Also I should mention the downplaying off the bosses isn't conventional downplay, it is the fact that we really have no idea where they would land without shoveling on egregious amounts of game mechanics. At the moment they really should have "Unknown, at least..." but instead they just have normal ratings.

I basically agree with all of this, I agree that the bosses should be removed as they kinda are really messy (my bad) and the over all cleaning up of the profiles sound great as well. The only thing I want to kinda touch on is the radiation manipulation, I do believe all cast members should have radiation manipulation due to the gamma guts mutation which causes damage to anyone who makes physical contact with the mutants and just like Horror's radiation beam it can damage those who regularly absorb radiation.

You're right, I forgot about Gamma Guts. So the mutants get Radiation Absorption but also keep the manipulation, but have an explanation as to why they have it (even I didn't know where it came from or how it worked before remembering Gamma Guts).

Well to describe it would be simple, their organs' give off intense harmful radiation that's potent enough to hurt other entities who feed off of radiation casually. As for where it came from, you could say it came from the constant exposure to radiation... but of course that sounds headcanon-y but that's all I got.

I didn't mean why they literally have Gamma Guts. I mean why they have Radiation manipulation.

Reading some of this stuff without context is funky. A headless chicken wielding a blac sword?

On a more serious note, I find most of this reasonable. Neutral on whether or not bosses should be deleted or not. When you say downplay, I assume you moreso mean lowballed, as in they're higher than their current tiers but we don't know by how much?

The Smart Gun sounds more like really good homing attacking to me, not instinctive attacks, at least to me. Otherwise, seems good.

Yeah, I do mean lowballed. These guys are vastly stronger than most enemies and can tank most of what is thrown at them, but without using game mechanics we can't really get most info from them.

Let me describe the Smart Gun a bit better. It is a gun that fire automatically against the closest enemy whenever the trigger is pulled. It needs no conscious input from the user out of the trigger pull, and can't even be manually aimed (the placement of the player's reticle doesn't matter; it will attack the closest thing first). Dodging it is possible, although unlikely, as it leads the target's current pattern of movement.

So are there any further opinions here?

I think all that is left is to decide what to do with the bosses.

Can I ask why YV had gun godz completely removed from his origin? I think it should be nuclear throne/gun godz on there personally.

Just an oversight probably. We can add it in. Now that this is agreed on, I think we can probably organize how these additions will appear on the pages.

I have taken the liberty of updating all the Mutants. Now all that needs to be done is decide what is done with the bosses.

One more thing about boiling veins is that you can survive Rogue's portal strikes as well. you need the mutation so you won't die from it while standing in it. So we should buff it to City Block Level when it comes to Explosions and Fire.

Back