• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not Today Yhwach! Bazz and the Bambis Resist Auswahlen, Sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a pretty straightforward revision that shouldn't get in the way of Arc's changes later. In the latest Klub Outside, we are given the information as to why Bazz B and the Bambis resisted Auswahlen. To quote it directly:

Q: Regarding the Auswahlen performed in the later part of the story, the Bambies & Bazz-B still retain their Schrifts and there’s no sign of them having lost their powers. Taking into consideration that they’re part of the younger generation, is it safe to say that they survived due to Auswahlen targeting old Quincies first and having already taken the necessary amount of power that was needed at the time?
Kubo: The necessary amount of power is taken from old and weakened Quincies, in that order. Also, Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”.

This obviously shows that Bazz and the Bambis have some form of resistance against Auswahlen, however, as the interview also states, it "reduced" their powers instead of completely losing them, so it's not a full resistance per say. So, What I purpose is that Bazz-B and the Bambis should have a limited resistance to Life Manipulation, Death Manipulation, and Power Absorption with these justifications:

(Resisted Yhwach's Auswahlen, which was in part due to their youth and high-level abilities compared to the old and weakened Quincies that were killed by it, however, they still had their power "reduced" and cannot use Vollstandig.)

Agree: @Arkenis @EldemadeDityjon @ShiftCtrlAltDeleteTabFn @Deceived3596 @Bastolan27 @Arc7Kuroi @Excellence616 @Robo432343 (agrees with possibly) @Damage3245 @LordTracer
Neutral:
Disagree: @Detective_Blizzard

Last edited:
Isn't the only reason for their 'protection' because the old and weakened Quincies are targeted first? If the Auswahlen was used just against Bazz-B and the girls alone, then they wouldn't be afforded the same protection.

Isn't the only reason for their 'protection' because the old and weakened Quincies are targeted first? If the Auswahlen was used just against Bazz-B and the girls alone, then they wouldn't be afforded the same protection.
Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high

1st sentence: The necessary amount of power is taken from old and weakened Quincies, in that order.

2nd sentence: Also, Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”.

The adverb "also" indicates that, in addition to what was mentioned earlier, the second sentence is equally true.

The second sentence suggests that their youth and high spiritual level grant them a natural, limited resistance to Auswählen.

Headcanon: One could interpret this as their higher vitality allowing them to better resist the process of having their life force drained.

Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”.
I did read this bit AppleLord.

But since he specified that the Auswahlen takes power from the old and weak in that order:

The necessary amount of power is taken from old and weakened Quincies, in that order.

Then their protection seems to come from being young as strong; the opposite of the Quincies that have their powers fully stolen.

So it seems like it could be a situational resistance rather than an inherent tolerance against having their life and powers absorbed.

It literally states it's an inherent tolerance by calling their protection against Auswahlen naturally high. It's bringing up the fact that older and weaker Quincies were selected first because it's a contributing factor as to why people like Bazz B and the Bambis didn't have their powers completely removed, but it also states very blatantly (specifically using the wording "Also" to describe an additional qualifier) that these Quincy, because of their young age and strength, are naturally more resistant to Auswahlen. The resistance itself is blatantly stated, but since we know for a fact that resistance wouldn't protect them against the full usage of Auswahlen, we're categorizing it as a limited resistance since the resistance does exist, it's just that resistance can't tolerate the full brunt of Auswahlen.

I did read this bit AppleLord.

But since he specified that the Auswahlen takes power from the old and weak in that order:

Then their protection seems to come from being young as strong; the opposite of the Quincies that have their powers fully stolen.

So it seems like it could be a situational resistance rather than an inherent tolerance against having their life and powers absorbed.
It's directly stated they have a tolerance for Auswahlen. The weak and old were selected first. It's limited because they still lost their powers and Candice notably after being physically drained from both Ichigo and Byakuya was axed, so when they're weakened, it'd be lesser than if they were at full capacity like Bazz B was when he tanked it directly

I kinda disagree with this entire reasoning, for one major reason

Is it safe to say that they survived due to Auswahlen targeting old Quincies first and having already taken the necessary amount of power that was needed at the time?

From what I'm reading, they don't have a protection from the Auswahlen because of the fact that they inherently have a resistance to power null. Instead it's because the Auswahlen specifically has a priority list and because they are so young and strong they have a much higher chance of not being effected by it due to the ability itself just choosing to stop. Just because someone who absorbs power willingly chooses to stop halfway doesn't mean that the character in question can resist the ability. They just have better odds than others when it comes to 'Who dies first' which results in the protection.

Last edited:
Also, if this were to be accepted as reasoning, wouldn't this apply to basically all the Sternritters that are at the very least comparable if not superior ones as well as any that just didn't die during that event on account of them being higher on said pecking order (which means that if the ability were to require some of their power, but not all, it wouldn't kill them). If not all of them given the fact that they aren't the first to die meaning they all technically have a chance of surviving if the Auswahlen was used to arbitrarily collect enough energy from all the Quincy up to slightly below their level.

I kinda disagree with this entire reasoning, for one major reason

From what I'm reading, they don't have a protection from the Auswahlen because of the fact that they inherently have a resistance to power null. Instead it's because the Auswahlen specifically has a priority list and because they are so young and strong they have a much higher chance of not being effected by it due to the ability itself just choosing to stop. Just because someone who absorbs power willingly chooses to stop halfway doesn't mean that the character in question can resist the ability. They just have better odds than others when it comes to 'Who dies first' which results in the protection.
That line you're quoting is part of the question Kubo was asked.

This is Kubo's response: "Kubo: The necessary amount of power is taken from old and weakened Quincies, in that order. Also, Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”."

That line you're quoting is part of the question Kubo was asked.

This is Kubo's response: "Kubo: The necessary amount of power is taken from old and weakened Quincies, in that order. Also, Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”."
Yes, but Kubo still says

The necessary amount of power is taken from old and weakened Quincies, in that order.

The part of them being young as strong just seems additive to that idea since it's comparing the old and weakened Quincies to young and powerful Sternritter. The fact that the ability is completely controlled by specific value sets indicates that it's just culling the weak and choosing to stop at a certain point. Which is also supported by the fact that the ability is literally described as such. It's just that Bambi and Bazz are both in the specific sweet zone where they aren't weak enough to be fully drained by it but not strong enough for enough Quincies to die before the ability reaches them. Anyone above them plus anyone who wasn't killed or effected by that usage of the ability would qualify for the exact same reasons, as they are not old or weak enough to warrant being killed by it.

Hell, that would be a superior resistance to it as they weren't even effected by it

And Kubo also says
Also, Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”."
Which is why they're being given limited resistance in the first place, not complete resistance as they are only capable of somewhat resisting Auswahlen and would likely die if they were the first targeted. Kubo also directly states that their high level of ability and their youth is what lead to them ONLY having their powers reduced, which is not an interpretation, but a direct statement that they have some form of resistance.
I suppose realistically, they have a low tier limited resistance, like the equivalent of a tier 9-C limited resistance if that even makes any sense cause since they did need other sacrifices in addition to their own natural abilities.

And Kubo also says
Also, Bazz-B and the girls are young and their abilities are also high level, therefore their protection against Auswahlen is also naturally high which resulted in them only having their powers “reduced”."
Which is why they're being given limited resistance in the first place, not complete resistance as they are only capable of somewhat resisting Auswahlen and would likely die if they were the first targeted. Kubo also directly states that their high level of ability and their youth is what lead to them ONLY having their powers reduced, which is not an interpretation, but a direct statement that they have some form of resistance.
I suppose realistically, they have a low tier limited resistance, like the equivalent of a tier 9-C limited resistance if that even makes any sense cause since they did need other sacrifices in addition to their own natural abilities.
My problem is the fact that literally any Quincy could survive that simply by Yhwach lowering his standards lol, with them also dying if he had his standards slightly raised.

My main point is just the fact 'If this is acceptable for Bazz and the girls, then it should apply to practically every Quincy worth a cent since they all could or have survived it due to similar logic' as the 'Naturally high protection' is simply the result of Yhwach deciding he absorbed enough rather than any real unique trait that they have that any other Quincy wouldn't inherently have should Yhwach choose to

Hikone is a hybrid.
Don't think that matters for the Auswählen, since she'd qualify to being targeted by it due to having Quincy blood. Even if she didn't qualify for the ability to target her, she'd still qualify for the resistances because again there is literally nothing unique about the reasonings given that would exclude any Quincy on or above that level at minimum.

My problem is the fact that literally any Quincy could survive that simply by Yhwach lowering his standards lol, with them also dying if he had his standards slightly raised.

My main point is just the fact 'If this is acceptable for Bazz and the girls, then it should apply to practically every Quincy worth a cent since they all could or have survived it due to similar logic' as the 'Naturally high protection' is simply the result of Yhwach deciding he absorbed enough rather than any real unique trait that they have that any other Quincy wouldn't inherently have should Yhwach choose to
Well, that's not really a problem, no? That is how it apparently works, and any Quincy who has high power and also young (for whatever counts as young) apparently has some level of resistance. With that, it's obvious this wouldn't apply to the foot soldier Quincies, but it can easily apply to at least half the Sternritter (RIP Robert), giving them the equivalent of a tier 10-9 limited resistance. However, I'm not sure site standards and mods would approve of trying to put this resistance to anyone other then the Sternritters who canonically survived/the ones literally mentioned in the question.

Well, that's not really a problem, no? That is how it apparently works, and any Quincy who has high power and also young (for whatever counts as young) apparently has some level of resistance. With that, it's obvious this wouldn't apply to the foot soldier Quincies, but it can easily apply to at least half the Sternritter (RIP Robert), giving them the equivalent of a tier 10-9 limited resistance. However, I'm not sure site standards and mods would approve of trying to put this resistance to anyone other then the Sternritters who canonically survived/the ones literally mentioned in the question.
I'm not saying it's a problem to give them a resistance necessary, if it actually is applicable. My main problem is treating it as a unique thing for Bami and Bazz.

I can see it being harder to argue for Quincy below them, but the fact that it's not a unique trait does lead to the likely result of just any quincy at least high tier surviving it by proxy of not being the immediate first candidates and having better protection than a low tier quincy that would be decimated immediately without exceptions.

I'm not saying it's a problem to give them a resistance necessary, if it actually is applicable. My main problem is treating it as a unique thing for Bami and Bazz.

I can see it being harder to argue for Quincy below them, but the fact that it's not a unique trait does lead to the likely result of just any quincy at least high tier surviving it by proxy of not being the immediate first candidates and having better protection than a low tier quincy that would be decimated immediately without exceptions.
I mean, I kinda agree with that? I'm just saying it's probably difficult to apply to other Quincies since Bazz-B and the Bambis have a direct statement and apparently youthfulness (whatever that means) plays a part, so we can't simply say that all stronger Quincies would have a resistance since it's entirely possible that without being young, you wouldn't really have a resistance.
Personally talking without taking into account VSBattles standards, I do agree it's probably not exclusive to just Bazz-B, the Bambis and everyone else who may have survived. But with site standards, I'm only confident with the above getting limited resistance and at most, some other Quincies may be able to get possibly limited, and I'm not even sure that much is possible.

apparently youthfulness (whatever that means) plays a part, so we can't simply say that all stronger Quincies would have a resistance since it's entirely possible that without being young, you wouldn't really have a resistance.
Judging from how the ability is listed, it'd be entirely based on just how Yhwach ranks the Quincy personally since they have to pass requirements. Someone like Gremmy despite probably being a million years old would be good enough to qualify on account of being in the top echelon on Quincy. Quincy that are old and weak lack potential and power hence why they targeted first is my understanding of it.

Personally talking without taking into account VSBattles standards, I do agree it's probably not exclusive to just Bazz-B, the Bambis and everyone else who may have survived. But with site standards, I'm only confident with the above getting limited resistance and at most, some other Quincies may be able to get possibly limited, and I'm not even sure that much is possible.
True that, site standards do make this entire example weird and hard to guage

Don't think that matters for the Auswählen, since she'd qualify to being targeted by it due to having Quincy blood. Even if she didn't qualify for the ability to target her, she'd still qualify for the resistances because again there is literally nothing unique about the reasonings given that would exclude any Quincy on or above that level at minimum.
Ichigo is also a hybrid where you see him getting affected by Auswählen?

The Auswählen also didn't target other Quincy with it's light to take their power, in order for it to target Ichigo Yhwach would need to set a standard which would kill all Quincy
It did targetted other quincies. That's why we see Female Quincies losing some of the power in the episode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back