• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not so very important Scribblenauts revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three days ago i saw the Maxwell profile, the profile had many abilities with very ooga booga scans and explainations, so i decided to give it a shot. The character needs a overhaul fixing for his profile from his keys, AP ,Speed and Hax. The justification also needs to be updated, in some cases its outright wrong.
MAXWELL
Keys : Maxwell has three keys. I suggest removing all keys and merging it in one because the abilities for all are same.

Tier : It should be changed to something like :
9-A physically, Higher with Adjectives, Unknown with nukes, meteors, and with black holes, up to 2-A
Attack Potency: Small Building level physically (Destroyed a tower, without the influence of a strengthening adjective), higher with nukes, with meteors, and with black holes ,up to Multiverse level+ (Converted the universal energy let off by the clash between The Monitor and The Anti-Monitor to Starites & absorbed it, and remade infinite universes ,was able to trade blows with Anti-Monitor, is capable of summoning a Good Anti Monitor to right on pair with the Anti Monitor)
He currently has Relativistic+ likely Speed Of Light, higher with upgrades (Can keep up with the Flash who claims to be nearly as fast as light, Flash outrunning a black hole supports this) | At least FTL (Can keep up with Flash who outran a black hole) up to Infinite attack speed (Recreated the infinite multiverse)
I disagree with this rating , No way we can scale his speed to Flash , He is just clinging on to flash and up to infinite attack speed for recreating the infinite universes is bs. Creation doesn't scale to attack speed. I would propose Unknown speed for his Ratings

Speed : Relativistic+ likely Speed Of Light Reactions (Can write while holding on to the Flash who claims to be nearly as fast as light, Flash outrunning a black hole supports this) | At least FTL Reactions (Can keep up with Flash who outran a black hole), FTL with the Flash Costume

His lifting strength is currently rated as Galactic (Can lift galaxies with ease) | Immeasurable
Zero scans. Makes no sense. Change it to unknown

Lifting Strength: Unknown (can pretty much lift anything with the adjective "liftable")

His Durability is rated as 2-A for Absorbing the Starites. its wrong. This only scales to AP. His durablity should likely scale to his normal AP

Durability: Likely Small Building Level ,Multiverse Level+ with Hope and Determination adjective (was able to trade blows with the Anti-Monitor)

He currently has some hax resistances due to this
While this looks like game mechanics to me. i'll be giving the benefit of doubt.

Madness Manipulation - is affected by adjective "crazy".
Status Effect Inducement - The adjective "blind" is used to justify this. No one actually is getting blind as shown here. It covers the users with glasses. That's it.
Radiation Manipulation - This is blatantly wrong. He is shown to be affected here.
Mind Manipulation - The ability itself is wrong and so is its resistance. It should be removed from hax list as well.
Fire Manipulation - Despite giving himself Fireproof resistance, he can be burned using his own hax. This ability is only useful in completing specific levels and clear cut shows abuse of game mechanics to get resistances

While i can show some extras as well, its tough to get scans for thousands of adjective. From a game designer's point of view, it difficult for them to make each negative adjective work on Maxwell and then continue the game normally. Like for example , the use of adjective "Sleepy" on maxwell does have some effect on him. The game designers obviously can't make him sleep since the game wouldn't continue without reseting the levels. So instead, they visually show it with the "Zzz" sign. Another example is using the adjective "petrified". Its upto staff to decide whether to give resistances for this whether it falls under game mechanics or not. Obviously the ones i mentioned should be removed.

Resistance to Existence Erasure (Was unfazed by Anti-Monitors Existance Erasure)

While at first this seems like a blatant resistance. This is out of context.
In the next scene, it was explained He wasn't destroyed because he was not part of the universe.This is furthur backed up by a statement from the Anti-Monitor where he states them to have come from Beyond the multiverse, with the brainiac reaffirming this by stating that the Anti-Monitor had planned for Every possiblity , Every contigency ,all of them except Maxwell. This obviously shows the flaw in the Anti-Monitor's Powers rather than EE resistance for Maxwell.

Votes :
Agree : @Mr._Bambu ,@DarkDragonMedeus ,@Abstractly_a_Protagonist ,@Aachintya31 ,@Reiner

Last edited:
I think the LS galaxy level has to do with spawning a galaxy by writing its name and raising it. They probably considered it a real galaxy since everything Max writes becomes real and because of game limitations in not being able to show a full scale galaxy. I think it's isdi, it's been a long time since I played this game.

The immeasurable I have no idea what it should be.

They probably considered it a real galaxy since everything Max writes becomes real and because of game limitations in not being able to show a full scale galaxy.
No, we can't consider that a real galaxy by any means. It's only used to illuminate the surroundings. The standards are pretty much strict in this regard.

Hm, looking at it.
Yeah, Speed and LS is kinda sussy.

Clinging onto someone who can move at FTL wouldn't suddenly make you scale to their speed wholely, and Immeasurable LS without justification is sketchy. I'll try to look into where Maxwell get it.

image.png

According to the profile history, this is the edit that gave Maxwell Immeasurable LS. The thing is there is no linked CRT for such massive upgrade to his statistic, not to mention the user whom did the edit is now currently blocked for indefinite amount of time.

This is blatantly sketchy as heck.

Resistance to Existence Erasure (Was unfazed by Anti-Monitors Existance Erasure)

In the next scene, it was explained He wasn't destroyed because he was not part of the universe.This is furthur backed up by a statement from the Anti-Monitor where he states them to have come from Beyond the multiverse, with the brainiac reaffirming this by stating that the Anti-Monitor had planned for Every possiblity , Every contigency ,all of them except Maxwell. This obviously shows the flaw in the Anti-Monitor's Powers rather than EE resistance for Maxwell.
Yeah, seems like skill issue on Anti-Monitor EE rather than Maxwell resist it.

I'm giving it a benefit of the doubt that the person forgot to link the CRT, but nevertheless it is suspicious and sketchy and it should be cleared if it's an accepted CRT or simply a troll that gave inflated statistic without any approval of the forum staff.
Apparently i saw a CRT where the OP proposed infinite LS for Maxwell for being able to lift objects with the adjective "Liftable". This obviously is NLF.

Apparently i saw a CRT where the OP proposed infinite LS for Maxwell for being able to lift objects with the adjective "Liftable". This obviously is NLF.
If there are an object with infinite weight on the verse, I would probably not mind with that logic in place.
But there is no such object, and thus it's simply an inflated extrapolation (NLF) to adjective "liftable."

Last edited:
Most of these do seem to make sense. I mostly agree with removing the keys considering that Max doesn't really get any different throughout his games. I have no idea where exactly his Immeasurable LS comes from at all, so i guess that can be nuked i guess. I don't know much about the rest since I haven't read that Scribblenauts comic

Three days ago i saw the Maxwell profile, the profile had many abilities with very ooga booga scans and explainations, so i decided to give it a shot. The character needs a overhaul fixing for his profile from his keys, AP ,Speed and Hax. The justification also needs to be updated, in some cases its outright wrong.
MAXWELL
Keys : Maxwell has three keys. I suggest removing all keys and merging it in one because the abilities for all are same.

Tier : It should be changed to something like :

Attack Potency: Small Building level physically (Destroyed a tower, without the influence of a strengthening adjective), higher with nukes, with meteors, and with black holes ,up to Multiverse level+ (Converted the universal energy let off by the clash between The Monitor and The Anti-Monitor to Starites & absorbed it, and remade infinite universes ,was able to trade blows with Anti-Monitor, is capable of summoning a Good Anti Monitor to right on pair with the Anti Monitor)
Sure
I disagree with this rating , No way we can scale his speed to Flash , He is just clinging on to flash and up to infinite attack speed for recreating the infinite universes is bs. Creation doesn't scale to attack speed. I would propose Unknown speed for his Ratings
Maxwell can wear flashs outfit and his notebook can effect the infinite multiverse in an instant
He can lift galaxies so yeah no.
His Durability is rated as 2-A for Absorbing the Starites. its wrong. This only scales to AP. His durablity should likely scale to his normal AP

Durability: Likely Small Building Level ,Multiverse Level+ with Hope and Determination adjective (was able to trade blows with the Anti-Monitor)
True

While this looks like game mechanics to me. i'll be giving the benefit of doubt.

Status Effect Inducement - The adjective "blind" is used to justify this. No one actually is getting blind as shown here. It covers the users with glasses. That's it.
Radiation Manipulation - This is blatantly wrong. He is shown to be affected here.
Mind Manipulation - The ability itself is wrong and so is its resistance. It should be removed from hax list as well.
Fire Manipulation - Despite giving himself Fireproof resistance, he can be burned using his own hax. This ability is only useful in completing specific levels and clear cut shows abuse of game mechanics to get resistances

While i can show some extras as well, its tough to get scans for thousands of adjective. From a game designer's point of view, it difficult for them to make each negative adjective work on Maxwell and then continue the game normally. Like for example , the use of adjective "Sleepy" on maxwell does have some effect on him. The game designers obviously can't make him sleep since the game wouldn't continue without reseting the levels. So instead, they visually show it with the "Zzz" sign. Another example is using the adjective "petrified". Its upto staff to decide whether to give resistances for this whether it falls under game mechanics or not. Obviously the ones i mentioned should be removed.
I will respond soon and no this is wrong

Miniature galaxies. NPI at best. If you really wanna push it might as well upgrade that key's LS to universal or immeasurable because you can write in a universe and add liftable adjective to it.
Nope. Universe does not exist in scribblenauts, it just spawns a galaxy

Speed: Unknown, higher with speed adjectives

Lifting Strength: Unknown (can pretty much lift anything with the adjective "liftable")
If we are going down this road why cannot it be infinite? He can lift anything he wants including universes and galaxies

True

I cannot see the gif
We assume adjectives actually work. Blind makes them blind but Maxwell just doesnt care
I cannot see it again, he survives nuke radiation and space radiations irrc
Why?
He only has it by using the adjective tf
While i can show some extras as well, its tough to get scans for thousands of adjective. From a game designer's point of view, it difficult for them to make each negative adjective work on Maxwell and then continue the game normally. Like for example , the use of adjective "Sleepy" on maxwell does have some effect on him. The game designers obviously can't make him sleep since the game wouldn't continue without reseting the levels. So instead, they visually show it with the "Zzz" sign
Yes thats why we know Maxwell is actually not effected. This arguement proves the whole "game mechanics!" or "Maxwell doesnt effect himself on purpose!" is just nonsense
Which Maxwell can move unlike other things.
. Its upto staff to decide whether to give resistances for this whether it falls under game mechanics or not.
They already decided it was enough to give resistances here

None of the imgur links for me

Throwing NLF is fun right lol anyways no he can literally lift anything. Including galaxies, universes and anything he wants though we just assumed its better to stay at galactic

Throwing NLF is fun right lol anyways no he can literally lift anything. Including galaxies, universes and anything he wants though we just assumed its better to stay at galactic
Those are not actual stars ,galaxies and universes. and yes the adjective has no statement to lift infinite objects, so its NLF to give infinite LS.
Even without the flash costume his reactions should scale
How ? Having something in your pocket/backup doesn't give you its abilities
None of the imgur links for me
It work for others. Maybe skill issue from your side
you can try using vpn or open in incognito tab and then you can respond.

Those are not actual stars ,galaxies and universes. and yes the adjective has no statement to lift infinite objects, so its NLF to give infinite LS.
No statement? "Liftable" literally just makes stuff liftable. Theres no strenght lol
How ? Having something in your pocket/backup doesn't give you its abilities
He can write while riding flash
It work for others. Maybe skill issue from your side
you can try using vpn or open in incognito tab and then you can respond.
I will try vpn

So yeah disagree with LS, Resistances (Not EE and Madness), Speed should not be removed but reworded
How does he have mind manipulation. ? There is no scan of him controlling the mind of a user and then making them obey him.

How does he have mind manipulation. ? There is no scan of him controlling the mind of a user and then making them obey him.

This is an object spell not an adjective.
This is Necromacy and Transmutation.
Also he would not get the resistance because he is affected by it as well in some way.

Also Mind Manipulation for making people slaves
No, Necromacy covers it
  • Manipulation of Dead Bodies: A variation that focuses on organic matter, allowing Necromancers to utilize the flesh of the dead for the treatment or recovery, and transform it into something else. Also included is the ability to enable and control the undead lifted, to summon the undead in the right place, and even capture control of the undead enemy. In addition, it is worth noting that in some cases the necromancer is undead himself what makes him an extremely high level of regeneration and a good level of immortality.
What do you mean?
You gave him a bunch of resistances for resisting his own adjectives. This is an object not an adjective. On using the object on himself ,he basically summons a ghost which just shows the workings of the object. Its not a resistance (Scan)

No, Necromacy covers it
It still would give resistance to mind hax since he cannot be turned into a slave, it turns them and mind haxes them at the same time
You gave him a bunch of resistances for resisting his own adjectives. This is an object not an adjective. On using the object on himself,
Oh yeah than thats my bad in wording it, you should reword it Ig
he basically summons a ghost which just shows the workings of the object. Its not a resistance (Scan)
what does that have to do with anything? if you get shot by it you dont get turned irrc

what does that have to do with anything? if you get shot by it you dont get turned irrc
As shown in the scan , he doesn't get himself shot. He only interacts with it. This shows the working of the object and is not a resistance for Maxwell
It still would give resistance to mind hax since he cannot be turned into a slave, it turns them and mind haxes them at the same time
No if one ability covers it. Giving other abilties for the very same thing is redundancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back