• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
0007-010.jpg

So I know the anime probably doesn't cover up to the manga at the most recent point, but where does it stop? Assuming it doesn't pull a Blue Exorcist or something similar

So, what's everyone's opinion of the series. You can make it generalized or point out the specifics which you believe the series does good, or even does bad if you feel so inclined. All opinions, regardless of harshness, would be appreciated.

I like how the series treats the importance of life. The first 19 odd chapters rn seem to be connected by the theme of life and death, especially highlighted with Yato's actions and character. There's some good quandaries set up with what lengths someone should go to to preserve the life of another and what does it mean to be alive. Especially with how memories tie into the existence of gods in Noragami and how Yato's main power is cutting ties.

I also like how the story is primarily character focused and driven rather than plot driven. There isn't exactly an overarching through plot, it's moreso Yato and co. dealing with adversity as it comes by result of differing characters personalities clashing with each other. I also just prefer character driven stories over plot driven stories.

The art is also unique and phenomenal. I enjoy the character models because of their uniqueness, I don't feel like a lot of shounen have a similar style to Noragami's. I don't think the character designs are anything too special, but the backgrounds are insane. The amount of detail in the backdrops is actually just gorgeous and really adds to the atmosphere of Noragami. Especially in making everything feel so real and tangible.

Spirits connected to negative emotions coming from the afterlife to assault the living isn't anything new (JJK, Bleach, etc.), but the Ayakashi are unique enough where it's not bland. The power system of the gods with Shinki is also interesting. It allows for a lot of growth in battle to be tied to the character relations between master and Shinki. Almost similar to the relationship between Zanpakuto and Shinigami in Bleach, albeit not exactly.

Love the characters, love the art, love the power system/fights, and love the story. Series is 🔥

I like how the series treats the importance of life. The first 19 odd chapters rn seem to be connected by the theme of life and death, especially highlighted with Yato's actions and character. There's some good quandaries set up with what lengths someone should go to to preserve the life of another and what does it mean to be alive. Especially with how memories tie into the existence of gods in Noragami and how Yato's main power is cutting ties.

I also like how the story is primarily character focused and driven rather than plot driven. There isn't exactly an overarching through plot, it's moreso Yato and co. dealing with adversity as it comes by result of differing characters personalities clashing with each other. I also just prefer character driven stories over plot driven stories.

The art is also unique and phenomenal. I enjoy the character models because of their uniqueness, I don't feel like a lot of shounen have a similar style to Noragami's. I don't think the character designs are anything too special, but the backgrounds are insane. The amount of detail in the backdrops is actually just gorgeous and really adds to the atmosphere of Noragami. Especially in making everything feel so real and tangible.

Spirits connected to negative emotions coming from the afterlife to assault the living isn't anything new (JJK, Bleach, etc.), but the Ayakashi are unique enough where it's not bland. The power system of the gods with Shinki is also interesting. It allows for a lot of growth in battle to be tied to the character relations between master and Shinki. Almost similar to the relationship between Zanpakuto and Shinigami in Bleach, albeit not exactly.

Love the characters, love the art, love the power system/fights, and love the story. Series is 🔥
W Analysis.

Since I'm gaming right now I won't explain what the speed scaling most likely will be when everything's over.

But as for AP scaling, the verse will probably cap around Tier 7 or Tier 6 depending on future calcs that Arc will do. The verse arguably has Tier 4 scaling if you really wank a certain feat, but 1. It would be a massive outlier, and 2. The feat is arguably more metaphorical rather than actual.

Watched the first episode (its great), but I gotta say

It's funny how the anime aired at the exact same time as Space Dandy, another anime made by Bones, and both series has stellar animation with protagonists that are considered losers in their verse, but both series couldn't be farther apart in tone

Back