• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No, not Marvel Death, not even Castlevania Death, but its Darksiders Death who used here.

Alright here we go, the shadow wraith against the leader of four horsemen of apocalypse, both share one trait: the representation of death, who would in this fight!!?

-Noob Saibot is used here

-Speed are equalized

-Both in character

-Place: The Netherrealm

-Range are 10 meters

-Win via death!!!

TobiasBoon
Death Rendered

VS

• Inconclusive: 0

Hm...this is tough. I think this'll come down to how quickly the kill is made. While Noob is only "likely 7-B" and Death is confirmed 7-B, I'll put Noob at 7-B for the sake of argument. I'll also say that Death only has his scythes, his usual powers, and his gun, because he never uses side weapons in cutscenes.

Death has much more experience than Noob and is experienced with teleporting enemies, like Samael. He also has the range advantage with his magic, summons, and gun. In addition, once he whips out his Reaper Form, Noob is done for because of the strength boost.

However, Noob has one thing going for him, and that's those portals of his, since he can disintegrate people to bone with it or erase them from existence. However, it doesn't seem very in character for him to open with his portals or fight with them outside of his finishers. May be because of him being from a fighting game and just using instadeath portals would be unfair, but still.

So depending on whether Noob catches Death in one of the portals early on or not will determine which person will win

The main problem is the combatants being "in character," and since Noob is from a fighting game, he won't rip out his one-hit kills right away because doing that in fighting games, especially MK, would make it unfair and boring.

Thinking back on this, I'm going to cast my vote for Death. Including my previous reasoning, here are some more points:

-Death has the move Teleporting Slash, which causes him to dash as energy toward his opponent for a slash that is nearly impossible to dodge. Raiden has his dash ability in MK which is pretty similar in concept, but I don't believe Noob fought him canonically, so he's not used to opponents like that.

-Death can split his soul into two pieces and leave his body an invulnerable statue (probably could be destroyed by Noob with his portals, but he probably wouldn't figure that out in time). These two souls can fight simultaneously despite the gameplay mechanic (as shown in the cutscene where he splits to unlock the door to the Well of Souls), so Noob can be pressured by two Deaths at once.

-Death has an ability where if he dodges an attack with split-second timing, a portion of his Reaper Form appears and delivers an instant counter to his attacker. As Noob is a melee fighter and their speed is equal, opportunities like these will be frequent and he shouldn't have the reaction time to dodge the attack immediately. One hit from this may give Death the opening he needs.

-Death has the Death Grip ability, where he can grab things with an ethereal hand. Since Noob and Death are of similar size, Death would have the strength to pull Noob towards him with the hand. This makes any range that Noob gets irelevant and it prevents him from teleporting while he's being yanked since he needs a portal to do it.

Sorvoe551 said:
While Noob is only "likely 7-B" and Death is confirmed 7-B, I'll put Noob at 7-B for the sake of argument.
You kinda don't need to.

Anyway, Death has a slightly better AP, added to everything above. Noob's biggest advantage are his combat skills, as he scales to characters who fought, and defeated, beings with far more experience than Death and anything he has fought (based on his profile). Cetrion, Geras and Kronika have relived timelines that the latter reseted up to the events of MK11 many times.

On the story of MK11 Noob showed up twice, the first time he fought Scorpion/Sub-Zero while one of his duplicates was fighting Sub-Zero/Scorpion, and Noob himself was still able to his main duplicate in battle. The second time he makes use of many duplicates which, while low in durability, presumably had a comparable AP (they restrained characters we rank lower in tier, but were able to defeat Noob in game).

So yeah, I believe Noob's chances would be different giving that big advantage in skills and how he can easily make use of clones to overwhel Death.

Can't Noob just phase through most of his attacks? The teleport slash move is similar to one of Fujin's moves too which he has canonically fought in a previous life.

He wouldn't be pressured by just two Deaths, he has the numbers advantage by virtue of having up to 10 clones that can respawn as long as he's controlling them. These clones can use copies of his weapons and powers (they've been seen using portals but they use these to attack from different angles)

Noob has more than enough lifting strength to break free from Death Grip and can teleport without the need of his portals. He has different ways to escape from it such as intangibility, replacing himself with a clone, instant teleport, etc.

Noob also uses stealth attacks in character since he's a Lin Kuei assassin and it fits his character too, revolving around darkness and shit. His first appearance was him striking Scorpion while he was invisible and also should have experience with most of his abilities by fighting a peak Quan Chi back when he didn't job to mid tier characters.

When did Noob fight Cetrion, Geras, or Kronika canonically? I don't remember that happening in MK11. Also, when did they appear in any other timeline we got to see? It seems they were introduced in 11 to justify them resetting their canon every other game.

As for Noob, if he can phase through attacks, how could anyone possibly hit him in a fight? Unless every single person in the Mortal Kombat verse has the ability to hit intangible objects, Noob doesn't go shadow very often

He didn't, you probably misunderstood (idk) but before he died he has fought four gods who were guarding Shinnok's Amulet and also fought Quan Chi (albeit with Sareena's help but she only intervened when Quan was nearly beaten, allowing her to finish him off)

He used phasing to be unaffected by Jacqui and Jax's gunfire then later sent his clones to restrain them when they first met in Goro's Lair. After that, it's all gameplay and that scene was pretty much the only time we see him in combat. The rest of his cutscenes were just him talking to the characters.

Jacqui and Jax destroyed the clones with normal punches, so Death should be able to do the same

I don't know Noob's full W/L record, but if he lost ever, that means either his opponents could interact with intangible objects or Noob doesn't phase often in combat.

Death has Non-Physical Interaction since he cann fight souls like the Dead Lords, so he should be able to hit Noob

Death has low-mid regen, so most of Noob's hits should be healed with time

He can control the density of these clones, he can make them become a dark liquid like substance or he makes them hard enough to deal physical damage and block attacks. That encounter was a big PIS moment too (most of the chapter is PIS like the duo beating Cetrion even tho they had an amp)

Him losing to opponents doesn't mean that they can counter his abilities. That doesn't make a lick of sense at all and that's just pure speculation

Okay, assuming Death can hit him if Noob just dodges those attacks

Low-Mid is nice, but you're going to need Mid regen to fully survive Noob shoving a sickle through the skull or vertically tearing you in half with clones

Death is just as skilled at dodging attacks from people who can keep up with him, as shown when he dodged Samael when he teleported behind him and when he avoided the Avatar of Corruption's attacks. And again, he has that instant counter when he dodges perfectly and that would be impossible for Noob to dodge, at least the first time it happens.

In addition, Death has a plethora of skills and abilities that would give him a vast edge over Noob, including:

Exhume: Summons 3 ghoul minions which enemies are compelled to attack magically. They are imbued with fire, give Death mana back with each successful blow, and explode once killed.

Murder: Summons a flock of crows to attack his enemies. They heal Death with each attack as well as give him energy to go Reaper Form, as well as deal ice damage

Aegis Guard: Death shields himself with necrotic energy, greatly increasing his defense, boosting his magic damage (including his summons) and having bolts of electricity constantly arcing from him while it's active. Partial amounts of damage dealt to Death while this shield is up is dealt back to the attacker.

Bone Storm: Death becomes an invulnerable tornado of ancient bone and shreds any foe caught in it.

Harvest: Part of Death's Reaper form appears, like with the counter, and slashes the area surrounding Death. Any enemy struck by the attack gives Death Reaper Energy and take increased damage from him for a short time

Unstoppable: Death receives a massive strength boost, is more likely to do critical damage, and has a chance to hit twice in one attack

Frenzy: Death receives a speed boost. I know how we have a rule that speed boosts can't be the only reason a character wins, as I've shown, it's not.

There's no "impossible to dodge" in speed equalized, that's what makes matches a speed blitz. And I doubt that skill = dodging since it is more of a speed feat than a skill feat.

Most of the abilities can be dealt with by making his shadow clones as meat shields, wasting most of the abilities once he misses his attacks. Meanwhile I'll try to go over some of the abilities that you have mentioned

Idk how potent are the flames of Exhume, but Noob in a previous life has beaten up a being made of actual flames without , then again there's the clone shield tactic that he does in character

Aegis Guard is a pretty similar ability to what Fujin uses via wind powers. He summons a tornado around him but instead of reflecting damage, it reflects projectiles back to the source. AG's electricity manip doesn't seem special since he can taken multiple shock treatments from electric eels while standing on the water they're in and quickly recover from it.

Bone Storm and Harvest can be dealt with using clone shields as he waits for an opening, seeing how both of them are just swings of his weapon and not crazy infinite speed moves

This thread is still going? Might as well comment.

Death in character would teleport slash Noob's head off as a first move, then start summoning ghouls and crows if he survives, all while analyzing Noob's fighting style.

He's far smarter than Noob and has already been shown to be able to react to teleportation before, so I doubt Noob can catch him off guard with it. Death will also be getting instinctive reaction soon, so he can counter Noob everytime he tries to surprise teleport attack him.

Clones can be dealt with quite easily by Death's summons or his AoE wrath powers. Noob also doesn't resist some of Death's hax like morality and ice manipulation, so Noob will be forced to deal with Death's exploding ghouls first, while also fending off his ice crows.

Death has several ways of amping himself, and because he's already starting with the AP advantage I believe, I don't think Noob is going to live long enough to amp higher than Death.

If Death goes Reaper Mode, Noob kinda just loses as he becomes invincible, has better mobility and is stronger.

Noob's immortality is annoying to deal with, but Death can already kill the undead and manipulate souls that have resistance to it, so he should be able to take or seal Noob's soul in some way.

Death will kill noon. He is way to powerful hell his bone storm can shred through a mountain. If speed wasn't equal dude moves so fast it looks like time stops. He is canonically stronger than all the horsemen combine go trying to tag him he has insane reflexes. His scythes can turn into practically whatever. His crows aren't normal he can summon the dead souls etc

Back