• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-Physical Interaction Minor Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Currently, Non-Physical Interaction's definition is:

it seems like there is a confusion that just physically interacting with those types of objects would not be Non-Physical Interaction so I wanted to remedy this. So, I want to include objects also in the definition since in certain fictional verses like Bleach, objects can be also shared intangible, or non-corporeal, abstract, and nonexistent characteristics.

So, the new definition that I am proposing is:

This seems uncontroversial to apply.

Acausal entities tends be tangible so Non-Physical Interetion is not really needed to affect them. When these beings are intangible, incorporeal, or similar, Non-Physical Interaction is viable to affect them

Souls are implicitely included since they tends to be non-corporeal or intangible.

Yeah, acausal doesn't mean being intangible, although for higher levels, they "eliminate" the effect of a cause, turning essentially immutable (note, not all acausal beings can do this).

Soul by defaul are disembodiments, that is the same as non corporal (of course, there's no hurt in adding it).

Also, there's something that has been bothering, is understable to put beings with Concept Physiology as intangible (one can't simply strike the air and touch an idea, and few of them are even nigh-omnipresent), but why do we assume that embodiments of something are untouchable by conventional means? Like, the entire point of embodiment is to have a physical body.

ah okay..

I just seen some people say "Need NPI to affect acausal type 2, 4 and 5"

i didn't know non-corporal covers soul..

If want to pass through Acusality you need a more powerful Causality Manipulation, Logic Manipulation of some kind of high tier immunity bypassing (assuming the acausality is like the example of above)

Non Corporeal cover a bunch of powers, basically anyone that do not have a physical body, be made by astral matter, information void or nothing in particular.

I think Antoniofer's point make sense here.

>Do we assume that embodiments of something are untouchable by conventional means? I think the question is beyond the scope of this thread. However, I do believe we don't assume this. Sometimes the embodiments are tangible and just have Abstract Existence (Type 2). From what I notice, a lot of evidence tend to be required to prove Abstract Existence (Type 1). If you want to discuss more, we could discuss on my message wall.

Antvasima said:
So what should we do here?
I believe not much. I made the changes already. I think the thread is okay as close.

Okay. I will wait for a confirmation from Antoniofer though.

Okay. Thanks. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back