• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Noah vs Medaka

Speed Equal, 8-B Medaka.

Was searching for Noah matches and this was suggested, so let's see where this goes.

It's not like Noah has conceptual erasure, though. So unless we do speculation on which concepts she can create besides what is shown, she is kinda bound to sing the concepts to use the abilities she has listed.

I agree that Medaka can probably not copy any of it, though.

Just by looking at abilities, all I can say is that Medaka's only wincon would be All Fiction or Bookmaker+Blitz, but since she doesnt use those in character, Noah takes this quite easily I'd say

But defensively, on the other hand...

Anyways, from the other stuff I´ve seen in her matches, she actually uses it offensively as a last resort if everything else appears to just not work.

She leads with raw physical attacks, by the way.

Bobsican said:
But defensively, on the other hand...
Anyways, from the other stuff I´ve seen in her matches, she actually uses it offensively as a last resort if everything else appears to just not work.

She leads with raw physical attacks, by the way.
Abilities are Reversed is a HUGE counter for AF, since instead of resurrecting Medaka, she would stay dead

Doubt All Fiction would be able to erase Low 2-C concepts, so it should not be negating the abilities themself.

All Fictions passive application is one of the main problems for Noah. It's debatable whether Medaka actually usually uses it (IIRC her injuries don't vanish the Kumagawa's does and if she copies an ability she can amongst others deactivate it, which she also does with some passives).

But if it's active the only way I see for Noah to get around it (if we don't speculate on her being able to create a concept to counter All Fiction), is to use the "abilities are reversed"-concept to make all fiction not do that anymore.

Noah's first move would be to create a concept space (pocket dimension identical to their surroundings, but not spatially separated. Instead conceptually separated), while at the same time flying a few kilometers into the air (if she isn't already) and releasing her army of 300 000 machines to attack the opponent.

Noah's mindhax is pretty much just that. A concept makes it so that the superpower can exist and then she can force her thoughts upon others. It has a good AoE, having affected a small army to some extent.

The BFR comes with the caveat mentioned on the page. Basically Noah could create a concept space with her opponent inside and just leave. Since you would need concept manipulation to freely enter and leave concept spaces that can BFR quite well.

However, to expand on the note on Noah's page, only Tatsumi used concept spaces for that. That could be because everyone else in the series has tech that allows leaving concept spaces, though.

7-A & Hypersonic+, with some exceptions that might be stronger, I think.

The Causality said:
All Fiction can affect Concepts if we consider the anime, if not, it can't.
Not Low 2-C concepts. And type 2 concepts also very debatable.

Like the concept created the multiverse.

And Kumagawa may be deleting time, but not the concept of time.

On top of that the concepts even have some resistance against being destroyed. Heck, in Owari no Chronicle canon nothing that is bound by any concept can destroy concepts ('cause why would they destroy themself...)

I don't really get the Low 2-C concept, can you explain a bit?

I know Kuma deleted time but not the concept itself.

Anyway, the good loser episode is treated as non canon (for now) so he doesn't have Concept stuff

The Causality said:
I don't really get the Low 2-C concept, can you explain a bit?
The concepts we are talking about were together powerful enough to create the spacetime of the entire multiverse.

Hence doing something to them is a lot more difficult than, for example, manipulating the concepts used by some other characters in the verse, which only change the world at a lesser scale.

You would need tier 2 concept stuff to do something against the concepts doing what they say they do.

DontTalkDT said:
7-A & Hypersonic+, with some exceptions that might be stronger, I think.
Oh, then Noah oneshots over and over again until she finds out that Medaka has some resurrection ability. After that, she counters All Fiction with Abilities Are Reversed and wins

Voting Noah

Wouldn´t Abilities are Reversed also allow Medaka to use Forsaken God Mode to her advantage (aka, turning stronger than the opponent instead of weaker)?

Medaka does use AF offensively. She did it against Iihiko. If the battles rolls off long enough for Noah to be that much of a threat Medaka will drop AF on the offence. Especially by the time Medaka dies once and returns. She will be dropping all the heavy minus on Noah when she returns for the second time.

Are both users aware of the concept space or just Noah. Also do these 7-A machines have defense against Weighted Words?

Why wont AF work? I dont see immunity nor resistance on Noah profile against Existence Erasure.

And you just said yourself "Oh, then Noah oneshots over and over again until she finds out that Medaka has some resurrection ability. After that, she counters All Fiction with Abilities Are Reversed and wins"

By the time the first resurrectionn. Medaka will be dropping everything. Medaka isny going to die another 5 times to start using all her best abilities.

Yusuke138 said:
Are both users aware of the concept space or just Noah. Also do these 7-A machines have defense against Weighted Words?
Without special equipment someone else would not notice being put into a concept space. They would only notice other living beings that were not included disappearing and if they reach the border they would find a barrier they can't cross.

Hard to say. The Automatons operate under the concept that metal is alive. With that in place you could have a living fork, meaning electricity isn't really necessary.

Of course these machines are way more engineered than that. Still, while overusing their power can overheat them, I don't think something like a power source or electric circuitry was ever mentioned.

In fact, the army build automatons entirely out of wood, so it seems rather unlikely that they are largely circuitry based.

Back