• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT HAX CRT PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no clue for now so ig it won’t be accepted

I don’t think it matters he still could sense them from the mortal plane also the « passage » still shows that it’s separated

They most likely materialised just like SD which is already accepted

Fair

I saw on the page that amplifying sound should qualify

Fair i’ll make the changes
I asked about crissis and the P and A people agreed to RPL

And, again, I strongly disagree because the definition is not met. But, I'll ask someone else for your sake.

@Antvasima Could you help solve a debate just quickly, please?

The Original Demon has a type of magic power called Crisis that heightens his energy output as his life is shaved away. This means he gets stronger by existing (as punishment from the Demon King, he physically breaks down by simply existing) and taking damage (since that brings him closer to death).

To me, it's just statistics amplification, and this doesn't fit the description of reactive power level. It doesn't specifically operate in response to an opponent and during combat, but it also thrives in combat due to the nature of the ability.

What do you think?
Byashura still agrees with surface scaling just not the lake one
Other way around. I disagree with the lake one, but not surface scaling.

Last edited:
It absolutely does matter. That's like giving someone extrasensory perception because they can see someone through a portal, or another character interdimensional range because they made an explosion that reached through a portal.
The presence of a portal doesn’t invalidate the fact that it’s still separated as Meliodas said during the same scene when he told Eli to protect herself but i see What you mean it was fully separated therefore he would still have to sense it in the other dimension
Yet i also think it’s weird that he felt it only once the portal was opened

And, again, I strongly disagree because the definition is not met. But, I'll ask someone else for your sake.

The Original Demon has a type of magic power called Crisis that heightens his physical strength as his life is shaved away. This means he gets stronger by existing (he physically breaks down by simply existing as a punishment) and taking damage (since that brings him closer to death).

To me, this doesn't fit the description, because it doesn't specifically operate in response to an opponent and during combat, but those conditions substantially help.

What do you think?

I made the changes Original Demon isn’t on the thread anymore since he already have Stats amp and i erased Water Walking i’ll get the range thing out too

The Original Demon has a type of magic power called Crisis that heightens his physical strength as his life is shaved away. This means he gets stronger by existing (he physically breaks down by simply existing as a punishment) and taking damage (since that brings him closer to death).

To me, this doesn't fit the description, because it doesn't specifically operate in response to an opponent and during combat, but those conditions substantially help.

What do you think?

OD magic is amped too

The presence of a portal doesn’t invalidate the fact that it’s still separated
It does. A portal links two locations in space so that they're no longer distinct locations.
as Meliodas said during the same scene when he told Eli to protect herself
He told her to protect herself from the miasma. That doesn't mean they're not distinct locations, just that one doesn't contain miasma.
but i see What you mean it was fully separated therefore he would still have to sense it in the other dimension
What?
OD magic is amped too
I'll just edit it to energy output, like Ludo describes it.

It does. A portal links two locations in space so that they're no longer distinct locations.
He told her to protect herself from the miasma. That doesn't mean they're not distinct locations, just that one doesn't contain miasma.
I was talking about his statement after that but it’s ok i just erased it

What?

I'll just edit it to energy output, like Ludo describes it.
What do you mean just energy output he blitzed ludociel and was about to one shot him with the crisis amp

Which aren't always shown to be scalar with speed and durability.

Kuh means struggling, IIRC. I'll have to check the raws.

Because he'd just tossed him with a previous attack.

It's not just if he gets hit, it's the more his body degrades in general (which happens simply as a result of existing). It's more damage boost and statistics amplification.
This context here makes it so.

I only agreed to Reactive Power Level because I was told this character gets stronger the more he takes damage (from an opponent). If that isn't the case then Stat amp and damage boost are fine.

I only agreed to Reactive Power Level because I was told this character gets stronger the more he takes damage. If that isn't the case then Stat amp and damage boost are fine.
Yes however Luodciel hit him with multiple attacks too which made him stronger than ludociel
Which aren't always shown to be scalar with speed and durability.

Kuh means struggling, IIRC. I'll have to check the raws.

Because he'd just tossed him with a previous attack.
Still, we can't just ignore the different categories because it's inconsistent. Fairys are an example that magic doesn't amp physical strength

Really but nnt has 3 different categories for power levels, strength, magic and spirit. Why did ludociel say kuh because he was blitzed hence his reaction? Why would Hendrickson be worried when he saw Ludociel low diffing the base OD.
The sound effect used is for nervousness, like gulping.

Basically, Ludoshel was afraid of getting bulldozed and let out a gulp.
Still, we can't just ignore the different categories because it's inconsistent. Fairys are an example that magic doesn't amp physical strength
I didn't even say that, but I'll entertain this.

Categories are just a way for Merlin and co to measure overall combat ability. That doesn't mean everything has to exclusively amplify a category, and there's attacks that don't. For example, Fiddich and Ludoshel can amplify their speed alone, Ruin can increase his durability, Diane can convert to metal and exclusively boost her strength and durability, etc.

Yes however Luodciel hit him with multiply attacks too which made him stronger than ludociel
If you can prove Ludociel's attacks made him stronger then I agree with you. But if this character just got stronger due to the preexisting condition of his life shaving away then it won't count

I only agreed to Reactive Power Level because I was told this character gets stronger the more he takes damage (from an opponent). If that isn't the case then Stat amp and damage boost are fine.
type of magic power called Crisis
The sound effect used is for nervousness, like gulping.

Basically, Ludoshel was afraid of getting bulldozed and let out a gulp.

I didn't even say that, but I'll entertain this.

Categories are just a way for Merlin and co to measure overall combat ability. That doesn't mean everything has to exclusively amplify a category, and there's attacks that don't. For example, Fiddich and Ludoshel can amplify their speed alone, Ruin can increase his durability, Diane can convert to metal and exclusively boost her strength and durability, etc.
And your point is?

It's not a strawman.

You said to not ignore the categories for Crisis and that Ludoshel was surprised, and I'm saying they're irrelevant and that Ludoshel was simply afraid of getting hit by a strong attack while already on his last legs.

It's not a strawman.

You said to not ignore the categories for Crisis and that Ludoshel was surprised, and I'm saying they're irrelevant and that Ludoshel was simply afraid of getting hit by a strong attack while already on his last legs.
Alright, then but OD when from being overwhelmed by ludociel and then overpowering him with crisis amp and what ability would this be? here

It seems like dealing damage to him speeds up his stat amp rate. Ths should count for Reactive Power Level

More specifically Statistic amplification, damage boost and Reactive power level

Statistic Amplification, Damage Boost, and Reactive Power Level (The more his life is shaved away, the stronger he becomes. Strength is further enhanced when he is taking damage in combat)

@ByAsura So, what do you think?

It seems like dealing damage to him speeds up his stat amp rate. Ths should count for Reactive Power Level

More specifically Statistic amplification, damage boost and Reactive power level

@ByAsura So, what do you think?
I still disagree, and there's no statement that it accelerates it. It's not taking damage and it's not in response to the opponent/the damage itself, it's based singularly on his life ebbing away (which can be the result of taking damage) and still just a separate magic power.
Yes and when Ludociel was attacking the OD
Going by just his word choice, it's statistics amplification, especially since Merlin says most of the wounds weren't in combat.

As for Ludo's attacks, that's Danmaku, Explosion Manipulation and Energy Projection.

Firstly, this definitely is going in circles. It's a very simple concept that taking hits and getting stronger hasn't got even the remotest relevance to my argument, and still doesn't fit the definition of RPL on this site.

Secondly, if he's not even taking damage from Ludoshel (even though he is, and even has blood on him) and just growing stronger via deterioration, then how can your argument even work to begin with.

Firstly, this definitely is going in circles. It's a very simple concept that taking hits and getting stronger hasn't got even the remotest relevance to my argument, and still doesn't fit the definition of RPL on this site.

Secondly, if he's not even taking damage from Ludoshel (even though he is, and even has blood on him) and just growing stronger via deterioration, then how can your argument even work to begin with.
Yes, he got stronger by ludociels attacks so it should at least be limited RPL or just RPL. Why are you so against this anyway?

Because it's blatantly not RPL, not even limited.
Why not? He is increasing during a battle after taking attacks from Ludociel
Reactive Power Level is the ability to rapidly increase one's overall strength or other physical capabilities by engaging in combat, becoming more and more capable over the course of a fight. This ability can grant a significant edge in battle, as users can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or more powerful than them. It is important to avoid confusing this ability with Reactive Evolution, which allows one to develop new powers and resistances in response to the enemy's attacks, and may encompass this ability as well in the process. By contrast, Reactive Power Level does not grant any new abilities, it strictly improves existing ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back