• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT calculations

Demon_Lord18

He/Him
Sorry to open several NNT Crts in such a short space of time, but this will be the last one (if something proposed here isn't accepted).

Part 1- Behemoth Earthquake
Here it's simple, the Earthquake that the Behemoth was causing is said to be destroying the Demon World and this is confirmed by Zeldris who says that the fate of the world was in Percival's hand, and according to the "Standard calculation for shaking the Earth" any earthquake that passes magnitude 10 would destroy the Earth, so, I propose put the feat as 5-B, since the planet would be destroyed and therefore passed magnitude 10

Part 2- Storm created by Gilthunder
As this is a calculation, perhaps it should also be debated here?
This calculation has been "refuted" here, but I'll tell you why this downgrade is wrong.

It says that Gilthunder created a thundercloud and not a storm cloud, yet the thundercloud is nothing more and nothing less than a storm cloud (cumulonimbus), meaning that the downgrade makes no sense.
The cumulonimbus is even called a thundercloud

Edit: He says that Gilthunder didn't create a 20 km storm, but just a thundercloud, but the 20 km comes from the size of the White Dream Forest, which the cloud covered and not from the assumption that it was the size of a storm.

Conclusion of Part 2: The achievement would return to the perfies, but first we would need Kachon123's calculation, which uses our current standards, to be evaluated

Part 3- Makai has his miasma cleaned
I was unsure if I should put this here, but let's go.

The narrator says: "The sky of the demon world, which should be dark, with no distinction between day and night, was filled with a strange golden light. There is no miasma, I can't feel it."

He says that the sky should be dark regardless of whether it's day or night, because we're seeing it from the ground, not because they've just cleared the atmosphere, and the sky in Japanese is also used to refer to everything above the surface of the Earth (Stars, Moons and Planets). Then he goes on to say that "There's no miasma, I can't feel it." In other words, the narrator himself couldn't feel the miasma anywhere, so I don't think they just cleared the miasma from the atmosphere.

Of course, we have a calculation of this feat that has been evaluated and mathematically accepted, but Bambu didn't agree that the entire dimension's miasma was cleansed, so I hope I've changed your minds.
I did calculate one using the size of the Demon World which is currently accepted as 4-A, and it came out 5-A, unlike the old one which was Low 5-B.

I agree Part 1=

Disagree Part 1=

Agree Part 2=

Disagree Part 2=

Agree Part 3=

Disagree Part 3=

Last edited:
Some of the new proposed calculations may need approval. As for the "Destroy the planet" is loose. It doesn't always referring to blowing up the planet as opposed to just bringing the surface to ruin.

Sorry to open several NNT Crts in such a short space of time, but this will be the last one (if something proposed here isn't accepted).

Part 1- Behemoth Earthquake
Here it's simple, the Earthquake that the Behemoth was causing is said to be destroying the Demon World and this is confirmed by Zeldris who says that the fate of the world was in Percival's hand, and according to the "Standard calculation for shaking the Earth" any earthquake that passes magnitude 10 would destroy the Earth, so, I propose put the feat as 5-B, since the planet would be destroyed and therefore passed magnitude 10
No. "Destroy the world" statements are very vague by nature because of the lack of elaboration on the method of destruction - not to mention this would be happening over time to begin with. And I don't agree with changing the magnitude. The 9.5 one is a safe bet as is
Part 2- Storm created by Gilthunder
As this is a calculation, perhaps it should also be debated here?
This calculation has been "refuted" here, but I'll tell you why this downgrade is wrong.

It says that Gilthunder created a thundercloud and not a storm cloud, yet the thundercloud is nothing more and nothing less than a storm cloud (cumulonimbus), meaning that the downgrade makes no sense.
The cumulonimbus is even called a thundercloud

Edit: He says that Gilthunder didn't create a 20 km storm, but just a thundercloud, but the 20 km comes from the size of the White Dream Forest, which the cloud covered and not from the assumption that it was the size of a storm.

Conclusion of Part 2: The achievement would return to the perfies, but first we would need Kachon123's calculation, which uses our current standards, to be evaluated
It's the size of the cloud that's the problem, not the terminology. We can't assume the 20 km figure at all because this doesn't go out to the horizon or anything like that.
Part 3- Makai has his miasma cleaned
I was unsure if I should put this here, but let's go.

The narrator says: "The sky of the demon world, which should be dark, with no distinction between day and night, was filled with a strange golden light. There is no miasma, I can't feel it."

He says that the sky should be dark regardless of whether it's day or night, because we're seeing it from the ground, not because they've just cleared the atmosphere, and the sky in Japanese is also used to refer to everything above the surface of the Earth (Stars, Moons and Planets). Then he goes on to say that "There's no miasma, I can't feel it." In other words, the narrator himself couldn't feel the miasma anywhere, so I don't think they just cleared the miasma from the atmosphere.

Of course, we have a calculation of this feat that has been evaluated and mathematically accepted, but Bambu didn't agree that the entire dimension's miasma was cleansed, so I hope I've changed your minds.
I did calculate one using the size of the Demon World which is currently accepted as 4-A, and it came out 5-A, unlike the old one which was Low 5-B.
Reading through all this and Bambu's contentions, my thoughts echo Bambu's

In short, I disagree with all 3 calcs being used

No. "Destroy the world" statements are very vague by nature because of the lack of elaboration on the method of destruction - not to mention this would be happening over time to begin with. And I don't agree with changing the magnitude. The 9.5 one is a safe bet as is
"Tear apart" also means that something has been completely destroyed.
The Cambridge Dictionary says that Tear apart can be used when: "to pull something so violently that it breaks into two or more pieces".
We know how the planet would be destroyed and for time, we could use 43 seconds since that's how long the longest scream ever recorded lasted
Your earthquake would destroy the world anyway, so it should be at least magnitude 10
It's the size of the cloud that's the problem, not the terminology. We can't assume the 20 km figure at all because this doesn't go out to the horizon or anything like that.
The storm covers the forest of white dreams that is more than 20km long and it goes all the way to the horizon.

At various times Nakaba does this, he draws a part of the cloud white, dark and then he simply doesn't have the patience to draw the rest and leaves everything black.

Last edited:
Some of the new proposed calculations may need approval.
All calculations were approved (all of which are linked to the name of each party).

As for the "Destroy the planet" is loose. It doesn't always referring to blowing up the planet as opposed to just bringing the surface to ruin.
I disagree that it's just the surface, Zeldris has seen Behemoth awake before and he just awake was already cracking the ground and more recently he just by waking up shook every inch of the world.
At no point in the past does he say or imply that the world would be destroyed, even after the death of the Demon King who caused the Behemoth to wake up and spread disaster across the world.

I was asked to give my input here, but seeing as a calc member disagrees with the feats and how they were calced, ontop of the fact I know little about NNT, I'm going to hold off till that's sorted out.

Apparently "Tear apart" also means that something has been completely destroyed.

The Cambridge Dictionary says that Tear apart can be used when: "to pull something so violently that it breaks into two or more pieces".

So I think the planet would be destroyed, or at the very least split in 2
Ngl, It likely just refers to it destroy the world by shaking it and then causing destruction all around globe

I am not really knowledgeble on NNT, but Clover´s argument looks good to me

Back